Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Melee Assassin - need input!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    New claw? Is it in the wiki yet? I have seen only tricksters and firelizards there.

and thx rrra for the ww sin input. But like i said, i wanted to try a martial arts sin like it was meant to be played. Not focussing on a single skill like ww or kick. I wanted to try to make a working base of a martial arts sin, that really has this "dps rotation".

I dont see a way yet. Maybe this comes with skill and gearscaling
    WW and kick have always been the best melee builds for sin mostly because of the hits per second. The ww sin works nicely, lots of hit power. Ive wondered how a tfury kicksin would do with a corrupted stornsheld and nephalem. Use blade shield or shurikens for venom...

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    I dont recall the exact build, but I remember parts of it: Chaos and Touch of death claws, crown of the skeleton king, lich boots, sanc armor, steelrend. I don't recall the rest. Max venom, claw mastery, jack of all trades at least. I know some people basically treat it as a ghost and maxed fade for the damage reduction with the rest going into shadow +jack of all trades synergy. You could also max blade shield +shuriken flip for the extra blade shield damage. Experiment with it.
    Here it is:
    Skeletal king crown - vital for attack rating, cb and life % 2x light horad chanted 35lph
    Sin nephalem - holy shock adds light damage with jack of trads
    Sanctuary balance - 6x Psn horad 2x chanted 35 lph
    Chaos runeword - death sentry base for corpse explode, blade shield is nice too, mine comes from anni but I'd rather it on claw chanted 300 life +2% life
    Touch of death - this adds amazing elemental damage with jack of all trades 2x light horad. Chanted 300 life +2%
    Steelrends- splash and CB chanted 1 sin
    Scourge lord - don't be scared to overflow your dr% remember it's adding life. Also source of magic resist.
    Deaths advance - chant 1 sin
    1 sin soj, 1 cons ring
    30+ life ma gcs

Max fade, venom, jack, claw mastery, and twin fang.

This sin can solo anything and can slaughter hell cows just by abyss blinking. Mine has almost 7k hp and hits 110k wws without buff chars.

-Enjoy.
    Last edited by Drlukifer; 11-25-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    WW and kick have always been the best melee builds for sin mostly because of the hits per second. The ww sin works nicely, lots of hit power. Ive wondered how a tfury kicksin would do with a corrupted stornsheld and nephalem. Use blade shield or shurikens for venom...
    Jack of all trades does not seem to work on holy shock. At least it doesn't show up in the sheet dps for me? @Game is this intended?

Gold

Jack of all trades does not seem to work on holy shock. At least it doesn't show up in the sheet dps for me? @Game is this intended?
    http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=11324

is it for kick or ww?
    Last edited by Drlukifer; 11-25-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

kick

It is definitely adding damage, the damage chart is often inaccurate unfortunately.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Thats one more point rendering the stacking attacks of an assassin useless af. If a flat 3000 damage of each element gets buffed by enchant and jack it gets more viable if you can attack as fast as possible. Which means that skills like kick and ww get really good while the stacking up and unleashing skills get less attention to the playerbase.

Is there one assassin out that plays with fists of fire/claws of thunder/blades of ice unleashing them with dragon claw?!
    It doesnt feel very strong compared to twin fang or kick. It takes a huge amount of attention to manage your stacks right and everything and then the final damage is just meh.
    @Game i reaaaaallly like the reworked martial arts skill tree and i know how much work and love you put into the whole game! Dont get me wrong pls. But it doesnt feel very odd to make that martial arts assassin as it was meant to be.

may is suggest a little thing or two?

First problem i still see: You get 2 of 3 loads per attack with FoF/CoT/BoI resulting in only getting 1 every second attack which means 25% of your stacks is lost due to the mechanic.
    A possible fix: Make the attack can have 6 or even more stacks (i dream of 20+ :P). Meaning, that you attack a 10 seconds with Claws of Thunder getting stacks up and then unleashing (still 3) them within the next uses of dragon claw. This results in less losses of stacks and making it able to stack up on a single mob and unleashing more if you face a group. It would feel more odd already.

Alternative fix: Soft-rework the martial arts skill tree again in maybe the following way. Make the FoF/CoT/BoI like the druid attack "Feral Rage". Meaning that you can load up one or all to 3 charges and then unleashing with dragon claw (or kick) with each attack as long as the charges sustain. Ofcourse we need a nerf on the numbers then :P
    I see two major problems with the latter: The diversity of the martial arts skill tree would suffer (it then could feel like called Feral Rage drood...). And it maybe pretty much effects in a short amount of time, ending up in lags...

Gold
    Annihilus Account: chiffon

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Thats one more point rendering the stacking attacks of an assassin useless af. If a flat 3000 damage of each element gets buffed by enchant and jack it gets more viable if you can attack as fast as possible. Which means that skills like kick and ww get really good while the stacking up and unleashing skills get less attention to the playerbase.

Is there one assassin out that plays with fists of fire/claws of thunder/blades of ice unleashing them with dragon claw?!
    It doesnt feel very strong compared to twin fang or kick. It takes a huge amount of attention to manage your stacks right and everything and then the final damage is just meh.
    @Game i reaaaaallly like the reworked martial arts skill tree and i know how much work and love you put into the whole game! Dont get me wrong pls. But it doesnt feel very odd to make that martial arts assassin as it was meant to be.

may is suggest a little thing or two?

First problem i still see: You get 2 of 3 loads per attack with FoF/CoT/BoI resulting in only getting 1 every second attack which means 25% of your stacks is lost due to the mechanic.
    A possible fix: Make the attack can have 6 or even more stacks (i dream of 20+ :P). Meaning, that you attack a 10 seconds with Claws of Thunder getting stacks up and then unleashing (still 3) them within the next uses of dragon claw. This results in less losses of stacks and making it able to stack up on a single mob and unleashing more if you face a group. It would feel more odd already.

Alternative fix: Soft-rework the martial arts skill tree again in maybe the following way. Make the FoF/CoT/BoI like the druid attack "Feral Rage". Meaning that you can load up one or all to 3 charges and then unleashing with dragon claw (or kick) with each attack as long as the charges sustain. Ofcourse we need a nerf on the numbers then :P
    I see two major problems with the latter: The diversity of the martial arts skill tree would suffer (it then could feel like called Feral Rage drood...). And it maybe pretty much effects in a short amount of time, ending up in lags...
    i tried it last 2 days. and ended up with 175k unbuff kick tried to charge it with thunder claw but somehow it didn't gave any dmg. got 11k ar so im sure it didn't miss tried it for like 30 mins or so
    Last edited by liumtra; 11-26-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Gold

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Quote Originally Posted by liumtra View Post
    i tried it last 2 days. and ended up with 175k unbuff kick tried to charge it with thunder claw but somehow it didn't gave any dmg. got 11k ar so im sure it didn't miss tried it for like 30 mins or so
    yea thats because kick is no longer a finisher skill. You will need to use dragon claw or standart attack to unleash the charges you have made with FoF/CoT/BoI.

and @Drlukifer is that a fully charged dragon strike with your gearsetup? Or a uncharged? I mean i had exact the same damage (136k) with my lightzealer last ladder. He got that damage every single attack and dindt had to charge something up before or so :/

User Tag List