Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOLD VENDOR FIRST WEEK DISCUSSION THREAD

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

GOLD VENDOR FIRST WEEK DISCUSSION THREAD

Game told me to post one if I want to discuss this further, so here you go.

*new ladder wipe*

-stack tons of gold
    -spam infernal chests
    -tyraels might
    -profit

Who wants this to happen again? Only a few people who has the gold for it most likely. I sincerely think that even people who have large amount of gold don't want this. They have to because there is an option and this server is relatively competitive for the first month. EVEN having a set at the first day is a huge advantage against people who doesn't have gold or simply doesn't want to use this cheesy method to start.

As the runes are removed from gold vendor for the first week of ladder wipes, all the goods available EXCEPT the visual effects should be removed. Even organs can make things so imbalanced if you think like this:

-get a casual bowzon with freezing arrows
    -die 15871348123 times to azatoth and defeat in the end
    -get into cow level with a barb
    -most likely you will get 2-3 elite uniques per run with huge xp

There is NO way cows can kill a bowzon with mavina set or EVEN without. They are frozen all the time. Summoners can easily run cows aswell with CE and Confusion curse. And this is NOTHING compared to having a full set out of infernal chests, a chance (which is high if you buy hundreds like people did before) to have a game-breaking rare elite and moving around with a lot of +hp +res charms.

If you think no one would do this, you may ask Scotty or Mephisto or some rich people (gold or real money wise) who love this mod. I criticize a lot and sometimes that is even considered bitching, but I love this mod aswell. This feature is NOT fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    Game told me to post one if I want to discuss this further, so here you go.

*new ladder wipe*

-stack tons of gold
    -spam infernal chests
    -tyraels might
    -profit

Who wants this to happen again? Only a few people who has the gold for it most likely. I sincerely think that even people who have large amount of gold don't want this. They have to because there is an option and this server is relatively competitive for the first month. EVEN having a set at the first day is a huge advantage against people who doesn't have gold or simply doesn't want to use this cheesy method to start.

As the runes are removed from gold vendor for the first week of ladder wipes, all the goods available EXCEPT the visual effects should be removed. Even organs can make things so imbalanced if you think like this:

-get a casual bowzon with freezing arrows
    -die 15871348123 times to azatoth and defeat in the end
    -get into cow level with a barb
    -most likely you will get 2-3 elite uniques per run with huge xp

There is NO way cows can kill a bowzon with mavina set or EVEN without. They are frozen all the time. Summoners can easily run cows aswell with CE and Confusion curse. And this is NOTHING compared to having a full set out of infernal chests, a chance (which is high if you buy hundreds like people did before) to have a game-breaking rare elite and moving around with a lot of +hp +res charms.

If you think no one would do this, you may ask Scotty or Mephisto or some rich people (gold or real money wise) who love this mod. I criticize a lot and sometimes that is even considered bitching, but I love this mod aswell. This feature is NOT fun though.
    Please read my post here: http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=11578&page=2 . Some people may have to give up some of their "fun" if they want the server to grow and receive new content. A lot of people aren't seeing the full picture here.

Also, nobody has EVER bought hundreds of Infernal Chests, trust me, me and my PayPal would know. Also that logic is pretty crazy, someone will complete ONE set if they buy hundreds of chests? I'll win thousands of dollars in the lottery if I go buy hundreds of tickets I guess... lol

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

remove following items from hadriel for at least one month after reset:
    -Runes
    -Infernal chests
    -Organ baskets
    -Frag baskets
    -Ench scrolls

And also:
    - Decrease droprate of uniqs/sets for ryleh, infernal cows, and other inf areas.
    - Remove puzzle boxes from cache of ryleh when opening with key (this is retarded)
    - Fix droprate for puzzleboxes (item find droprate is much higher then initial kill)

ty men

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Please read my post here: http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=11578&page=2 . Some people may have to give up some of their "fun" if they want the server to grow and receive new content. A lot of people aren't seeing the full picture here.

Also, nobody has EVER bought hundreds of Infernal Chests, trust me, me and my PayPal would know. Also that logic is pretty crazy, someone will complete ONE set if they buy hundreds of chests? I'll win thousands of dollars in the lottery if I go buy hundreds of tickets I guess... lol
    I was in a game on the first day of the last reset where someone did just that. I happened to be in town when the guy started opening Infernal Chests at Hadriel. I know what this looks like because I've done it many times in single player. By the time he was done spamming chests the entire screen was filled with loot. Most of it was garbage but I just sat there and cherry picked the stuff that he didn't want so I could get started. Now it may not have been hundreds of chests but I know from experience on single player that you can get a full set from 50+ chests. RNG plays into it of course but I've done it. People were talking about having already completed full Mavina's and other sets within hours of the reset while we were all leveling together. Maybe they were full of crap. Who knows?

Gold

If you give up the "fun" to play and "have fun" in a private server, that's kind of weird. I'm not playing the game right now because competition is zero since everyone has everything and there is no thrill of finding a good item. I also love trading in D2 and there is almost none at the moment. First two months of the ladder wipes are my times and it is diminished by the fact that some people will be ahead of others because they pay an absurd amount of real money or stacked gold 6 months ago.

You don't need hundreds of chests to get a set. It still has been done before. Scotty threw dozens of charms to me which he said he got from inf chests he opened at start of the wipe.

And the argument "I'll win thousands of dollars in the lottery if I go buy hundreds of tickets." is so wrong for this subject because you convert gold into items that is NOT gold or can't be bought directly with gold in the end. In your example you buy tickets with money to make money which is completely different and retarded in my opinion (I never play lottery).

Also if there aren't many people who are buying infernal chests at the start of a wipe, why don't you remove them for the first week since it is not a big deal for you?

I just answered your post to answer. I know it is completely your decision and I won't be able to change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    remove following items from hadriel for at least one month after reset:
    -Runes
    -Infernal chests
    -Organ baskets
    -Frag baskets
    -Ench scrolls

And also:
    - Decrease droprate of uniqs/sets for ryleh, infernal cows, and other inf areas.
    - Remove puzzle boxes from cache of ryleh when opening with key (this is retarded)
    - Fix droprate for puzzleboxes (item find droprate is much higher then initial kill)

ty men
    Nothing will be removed for longer than a week, sorry Also drop rates have been lowered twice in Patch 4.2 alone, do you read the patch notes? As for the drop rate of puzzles and find item, this is COMPLETELY a placebo effect. Find Item literally just re-rolls the monster drop again, except it's chance of not dropping anything is related to Find Item level, not the amount of players in the game. I will probably nerf Find Item a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    I was in a game on the first day of the last reset where someone did just that. I happened to be in town when the guy started opening Infernal Chests at Hadriel. I know what this looks like because I've done it many times in single player. By the time he was done spamming chests the entire screen was filled with loot. Most of it was garbage but I just sat there and cherry picked the stuff that he didn't want so I could get started. Now it may not have been hundreds of chests but I know from experience on single player that you can get a full set from 50+ chests. RNG plays into it of course but I've done it. People were talking about having already completed full Mavina's and other sets within hours of the reset while we were all leveling together. Maybe they were full of crap. Who knows?
    50 is nowhere near hundreds, thats a large difference. Even then I don't think it was more than 20-30, I know who you're talking about I do believe. And it is as you said, RNG is RNG. It could take 20 chests to get a set, or it could take 500.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

I dont see much competitive at a ladder start. After 3 days the whole content is clear and some1 is posting proud the first cowset of the realm. On the next day you can buy it for a ridiculous amount of golddonation because he found most of his endgamegear already.

Oh and that has been the last ladder, where hadriel was disabled for roughly 6 days.

If you have the time, the team and the knowledge you dont need hadriel at all.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    I dont see much competitive at a ladder start. After 3 days the whole content is clear and some1 is posting proud the first cowset of the realm. On the next day you can buy it for a ridiculous amount of golddonation because he found most of his endgamegear already.

Oh and that has been the last ladder, where hadriel was disabled for roughly 6 days.

If you have the time, the team and the knowledge you dont need hadriel at all.
    I never bought gold in this server but made a lot of people buy gold for my stuff. At some point I had 30k+ gold but I used them for cosmetics and stuff.

I don't need Hadriel, but I still don't like the fact that some people will be ahead of others because they pay money. Takes away that bit of competition we have and trading is also diminished because people who start with better gear will reach end-game much faster.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Yea but the endgame is clear after three days. I dont see a reason to cut hadriel away for more than a few days.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    I never bought gold in this server but made a lot of people buy gold for my stuff. At some point I had 30k+ gold but I used them for cosmetics and stuff.

I don't need Hadriel, but I still don't like the fact that some people will be ahead of others because they pay money. Takes away that bit of competition we have and trading is also diminished because people who start with better gear will reach end-game much faster.
    The people who band together and race to 99 as a group always leave the individuals in the dust. No matter what advantages the individuals might have. There are also some builds right now that can farm inferno portals without even wearing gear This next reset will be interesting.

User Tag List