Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My list of balancing

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

My list of balancing

cthulhu set items 1:600 maybe a little bit harder with a buff to them would be good especially physical even without them being tougher to find... physical is shit
    pbox 1:125
    bulwark 1:500
    purrys 1:750
    kaalut (poison damage should have gfg boost imo) 1:500
    acid inject 1:500
    sha (this needs to be buffed too an eth sha should be best zeal wep) 1:500
    valusia (this needs buff too maybe 65% snake spawn rate +1 skill) 1:500
    othu eye 1:750
    lich 1:750
    knars 1:250
    hrs - possibly a tad bit harder
    blue organs - imo to fix the sadness of the blue box + make more people want to do them they should be about 25-45x as rare + thicker cows (like prepatch) + hardness / + xp based on how rare they get and not be able to come in org basket ofc and cow set item drop off the queen every time
    cons about 2x as hard to find
    maelstrom - cut this damage in half...
    Turn down pvp damage from 25% to 10%
    Tf is op asf all i should have to say
    FM should be 15-20 cold aura i believe
    all the useless cthulhu items should be buffed...
    and last but not least.. make the new items not purple, purple is my color

this prob isnt everything since i havent been around for the new patches if you have more you can post below
    Last edited by Jared; 04-12-2016 at 09:26 PM. Reason: anus
    Quote Originally Posted by nooV View Post
    these guys refuse to play on the chars they signed up
    tweak rules to their favor
    what happens in this case do they get disqualified?

dont feed the gators

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SuperNeckBeard

What do your ratios represent? At any rate, I'm a notoriously unlucky guy so lowering drop rates for things makes me sad. Lol

I agree about prepatch ferno cows. That was the good stuff.

And no nerf maelstrom yet damnit I still gotta get a taste of that sweet gg dmg bro

Lastly, I think all items should be purple. Just saying

EDIT: After reading your ladder reset thread, I'm thinking maybe we should lower drop rates. It is a bit ridiculous that players can get all the best gear within a couple weeks.
    Last edited by SaintSlavut; 04-12-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNeckBeard View Post
    What do your ratios represent? At any rate, I'm a notoriously unlucky guy so lowering drop rates for things makes me sad. Lol

I agree about prepatch ferno cows. That was the good stuff.

And no nerf maelstrom yet damnit I still gotta get a taste of that sweet gg dmg bro

Lastly, I think all items should be purple. Just saying
    the ratios show how much kills on average it takes to get the item so on like othu there would be a 1:600 chance that he drops cthulhu set ring 1:125 that he drops pbox 1:750 he drops lich helm and 1:750 he drops eye making it a 1:82.57 chance that othu drops anything

dont feed the gators

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SuperNeckBeard

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Sounds good to me.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

If drop rates are going to be nerfed on dreamland items then they would need to all be buffed to make them worth farming for. The only reason that I bothered to farm that zone repeatedly was for Pboxes. The fact that I found a couple con rings was nice but not much else was of any worth to players as far as trade goes. At least for the players that actually have the currency to trade for the items. Those top tier players have already moved on to farming Crucible items. What the hell do they need a Husk of Kaluut for?

Which brings me to my next point. The drops rates that are being suggested here are coming from a guy who is farming with the absolute best gear in the game and who farms with a group of other top players. Of course he will think that everything is too easy to come by. I think that making changes based on the experiences of a chosen few that sit at the very top of the food chain would be foolish at the very least.

As more and more end game gear is added to the server, the gap created between the average player and the 1337 Haxor players will only increase. This is just what happens. It's not necessarily a bad thing but catering to those elite few because they want the items that they are hoarding to be worth more is only going to ruin the fun factor of this sacred game

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    If drop rates are going to be nerfed on dreamland items then they would need to all be buffed to make them worth farming for. The only reason that I bothered to farm that zone repeatedly was for Pboxes. The fact that I found a couple con rings was nice but not much else was of any worth to players as far as trade goes. At least for the players that actually have the currency to trade for the items. Those top tier players have already moved on to farming Crucible items. What the hell do they need a Husk of Kaluut for?

Which brings me to my next point. The drops rates that are being suggested here are coming from a guy who is farming with the absolute best gear in the game and who farms with a group of other top players. Of course he will think that everything is too easy to come by. I think that making changes based on the experiences of a chosen few that sit at the very top of the food chain would be foolish at the very least.

As more and more end game gear is added to the server, the gap created between the average player and the 1337 Haxor players will only increase. This is just what happens. It's not necessarily a bad thing but catering to those elite few because they want the items that they are hoarding to be worth more is only going to ruin the fun factor of this sacred game
    this is meant to drop on a ladder reset

dont feed the gators

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

I understand that. I also remember how quickly you and several other top players had the best gear available in the last reset. I attribute this to your skill with the game and your trading prowess. You pride yourself on being a trading aficionado right? Didn't you have a cow set early on? Being able to farm with that set alone sets you above all of the rest in terms of magic find.

I'm not knocking your skills and I'm certainly no slouch but making items harder to come by only serves to do two things: put new and/or casual players off and give the top players an economic advantage.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    I understand that. I also remember how quickly you and several other top players had the best gear available in the last reset. I attribute this to your skill with the game and your trading prowess. You pride yourself on being a trading aficionado right? Didn't you have a cow set early on? Being able to farm with that set alone sets you above all of the rest in terms of magic find.

I'm not knocking your skills and I'm certainly no slouch but making items harder to come by only serves to do two things: put new and/or casual players off and give the top players an economic advantage.
    its already gonna be destroyed if rates stay the same and trust me this ladder the whole economy will be unraveled in less then a week all the top players have gold this time around.. i had about 1.5k last lad reset i have 13k now and anya has 100k theres nothing stopping us just make it a little harder with drop rates on these items and make it a lil more fun for the most loyal players

dont feed the gators

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Yeah the only people who would benefit from this are those who have either lots of gold or way too much time on their hands. Unfortunately, I have neither. I agree that caches are barely worth picking up right now. But I think the correct answer is to buff it by adding a divine gem or something on that level to the guaranteed drop instead of nerfing it.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

About dreamland items quality:
    Rares just happened. Let Game some time to balance things between rares and uniques. He already started to revisit DL items.

About new ladder:
    1/
    No more key to tyrael by shop, no more massive free LK items with a good team comp early.
    Even the casual player can drop the best rare in game, with 50% Mf and 2k orb dmg. I dont think it was the same in previous ladders!?!

2/
    There is always players who can play more than others.
    There is always players with better knowledge, who will play in team and be fast. Thats not new to this mod and will always make ppl feel like they are "late" on the eco, should it be 1 week or 3 months after ladder reset.
    The economy of a private server cant be OK with 100 players, there is ALWAYS ppl richer due to their knowledge/teamplay/invested time.
    What can you do about that ??!!!!!!................ Its just like so.

I am absolutly against makin it easier to make ppl stay or come. (POE isnt easy, and if u dont like it u can go play D3, if that makes my point clearer).
    Just choose the game you play and play it by its rules. If its too hard, too much time consuming, just play something else.
    Curling isnt very popular, but some ppl like it. If u r playing curling, will u try and change the rules so ppl start playing more curling?
    This mod is good. Trust Game a bit, and play his game.
    Feedback is good, thinkin you know better how to isn't.

Just to make it clear, thats my opinion, and i dont target anyone saying those things, just thoughts in general.
    @Game : thx again for crafts/ rares. Can be best in slot AND doesnt require any special uniques to get. A.K.A. even a totally unstuffed new starter can loot rares, or gather perfect gems + jewels + low runes, unless he doesnt wanna make the effort.

User Tag List