Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats with that gold hype!?!?!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    Life is never fair.

I personally think that until there is a notable PVP on Annihilus and / or constant updates, having a ladder reset just doesn't do anything good for the server. There isn't a large enough community to warrant a ladder reset.

Having a ladder reset is the root cause issue, not gold. With how the gold system is setup and how it is directly tied to the game and only certain items being able to be bought with gold, the current system is inherently flawed if a ladder reset is introduced.

If ladder resets were shorter and were really a "climb to 99" and a gold prize associated with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd character to get to 99 and then the ladder resets all over again and those characters don't roll over, then you have a viable system. The current system is so flawed causing many more problems than it fixes.

Diablo was not designed around "intense leveling" nor does this mod. I would venture to guess it takes like 3-4 days after reset to hit 99. How the game is designed, monster difficulty does not scale with player level causing "a grind to 99" essentially meaningless.
    Well to put it simply, there is absolutely no point in the beginning of the game, and anything after that in between, until you get to end-game. Annihilus is a great Diablo 2 server with clearly a lot of effort and hours put into it. It has a lot of content and cool features with new gear and such. Unfortunately as great as this is, half the point of playing Diablo 2 was to play through the game and acquire gear and enjoy the story line. Unfortunately, it's unbelievably easy to get super effective gear to basically blast through everything that isn't new or end-game content, kinda defeats the purpose of playing.

I understand the servers idea is to get you to end-game content, but literally when the entire point has been changed into grinding end-game content for the best gear possible, it is unbearably boring and dull. Your points are very valid but this server is suffering pretty bad and it will need an overhaul or people will simply move on. There are too many other RPG games out, too many other D2 mods even to be ignoring the core part of a game. The leveling experience needs an overhaul. Exp rates need to be lowered, gear rarity drops needs to be lowered as well.

HOWEVER. The fact you can no longer get exp from spectating is a huge step in the right direction. There was also an update to gear rarity drops that lowered the chance, which is also a nice step in the right direction. Unfortunately I won't be playing until the next ladder reset. I've played virtually every build on every character and the only build I want to play with is very unique, effective and basically gives me a point to continue playing Diablo 2. Unfortunately he's rendered completely useless, therefore I can't use him, therefore there's no point in me playing Annihilus until it's fixed. The admins apparently need to wait months on months to implement a simple change so I can actually play my character.

I don't hate you admins, at all. Game, you're an awesome individual and have provided a lot of people with a great new diablo 2 experience, but you and your team need to be more open minded about suggestions to keep your game alive, to say the least. It should not take months to wait for some kind of reset or what have you, to implement things. I definitely feel your server will benefit from constant minor updates, even if they're small.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

+1 Alex
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Well to put it simply, there is absolutely no point in the beginning of the game, and anything after that in between, until you get to end-game. Annihilus is a great Diablo 2 server with clearly a lot of effort and hours put into it. It has a lot of content and cool features with new gear and such. Unfortunately as great as this is, half the point of playing Diablo 2 was to play through the game and acquire gear and enjoy the story line. Unfortunately, it's unbelievably easy to get super effective gear to basically blast through everything that isn't new or end-game content, kinda defeats the purpose of playing.

I understand the servers idea is to get you to end-game content, but literally when the entire point has been changed into grinding end-game content for the best gear possible, it is unbearably boring and dull. Your points are very valid but this server is suffering pretty bad and it will need an overhaul or people will simply move on. There are too many other RPG games out, too many other D2 mods even to be ignoring the core part of a game. The leveling experience needs an overhaul. Exp rates need to be lowered, gear rarity drops needs to be lowered as well.

HOWEVER. The fact you can no longer get exp from spectating is a huge step in the right direction. There was also an update to gear rarity drops that lowered the chance, which is also a nice step in the right direction. Unfortunately I won't be playing until the next ladder reset. I've played virtually every build on every character and the only build I want to play with is very unique, effective and basically gives me a point to continue playing Diablo 2. Unfortunately he's rendered completely useless, therefore I can't use him, therefore there's no point in me playing Annihilus until it's fixed. The admins apparently need to wait months on months to implement a simple change so I can actually play my character.

I don't hate you admins, at all. Game, you're an awesome individual and have provided a lot of people with a great new diablo 2 experience, but you and your team need to be more open minded about suggestions to keep your game alive, to say the least. It should not take months to wait for some kind of reset or what have you, to implement things. I definitely feel your server will benefit from constant minor updates, even if they're small.
    Lol, I put out updates more so than any other server out there, and last time I put out an update you completely insulted it saying it was not any good and you had not even did any of the content yet. Not very cool.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post

I guess you never played b.net or any kind of multiplayer Diablo 2 before. This game is NOT about its great story line or "play through the game". This game is about acquiring the best gear possible and farming the most effective way. If you watched or played Diablo 2 b.net, all people do is to farm high level zones and do ubers afterwards. THAT is what this game is about. This is an action RPG/looter. You won't find the excitement or the story you want in Diablo 2. At least in Annihilus there are multiple end-game areas that requires a little more effort than b.net to accomplish in a decent timing. I agree on the "difficulty" part as well. Things can be harder, but after 2 days or a week or a month what you will be doing is "grinding end-game areas" which you called unbearably boring and dull.

I have a build I personally love to play as well, which is a Summoner Necromancer. I have talked to admins, people and brainstormed about what can be done and they got a complete overhaul. I still don't think they are good at anything except tanking which is not a big deal in this mod (which Alex said will change because of new Crucible), yet Alex works hard to set things right. As I know he is also a family guy and this is not how he makes a living so try to be patient about updates.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

The point he is trying to make is this game is not centered around leveling. Which is what you are wanting to accomplish by doing a ladder reset. The game has evolved since d2 classic when it was basically a game to level up.

The ladder system, coupled with a low player base, coupled with the gold system, is retarded. I will continue to play the game rather a ladder reset happens or not. Ladders on vanilla d2 are just MF play grounds to wait to roll over your stuff to NL for them to sell. The actual playing of the game happens on NL, which is PVP, which is what this game is based around. The leveling and item finding is just so you can have a better character to PVP with.

The real ladder that is needed is a PVP ladder. Don't reset, it is killing the game. No one trades, everyone wants to sell items for gold, and there is very limited trading of gold for items currently.

The player base just does not support having a ladder revolved Around leveling. Don't just to copy what bnet does, because bnet is dumb, and that is why this is an overall better game than d2. Stick at what you are good at, making new content, to introduce new items, enhance the PVM experience, all in an effort to have more PVP viable builds rather than the traditional VT and hdin that vanilla d2 is littered with in pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    The point he is trying to make is this game is not centered around leveling. Which is what you are wanting to accomplish by doing a ladder reset. The game has evolved since d2 classic when it was basically a game to level up.

The ladder system, coupled with a low player base, coupled with the gold system, is retarded. I will continue to play the game rather a ladder reset happens or not. Ladders on vanilla d2 are just MF play grounds to wait to roll over your stuff to NL for them to sell. The actual playing of the game happens on NL, which is PVP, which is what this game is based around. The leveling and item finding is just so you can have a better character to PVP with.

The real ladder that is needed is a PVP ladder. Don't reset, it is killing the game. No one trades, everyone wants to sell items for gold, and there is very limited trading of gold for items currently.

The player base just does not support having a ladder revolved Around leveling. Don't just to copy what bnet does, because bnet is dumb, and that is why this is an overall better game than d2. Stick at what you are good at, making new content, to introduce new items, enhance the PVM experience, all in an effort to have more PVP viable builds rather than the traditional VT and hdin that vanilla d2 is littered with in pubs.
    The thing is, we've polled multiple times, and it shows the vast majority wants a reset, and even wanted them more often than we currently had them. I didn't just come up with ladder resets from nothing

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about this and comparing it to vanilla d2 as if there wasn't a type of Bitcoin currency in the original.... You guys never use JSP? It's almost the same thing except you can't trade gold to someone to get the first Zod/tor/xer on the server. This is not a new concept. There are people with hundred thousands, maybe even millions of jsp forum gold that use it to not only get rich fast, but they also control the prices then... Not being able to trade gold is a big advantage over jsp, because people will want in game items in return for theirs good when ladder resets. Rather than waiting 2 weeks to afford a few hrs because the Bitcoin value is so high.
    Veni Vidi Vici - I came, I saw, I conquered

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

+1 Luki...Not to mention the item shops...
    Im pretty sure when the ladder resets, our population will be doubled if not trippled

Gold
    Annihilus Account: perverse

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about this and comparing it to vanilla d2 as if there wasn't a type of Bitcoin currency in the original.... You guys never use JSP? It's almost the same thing except you can't trade gold to someone to get the first Zod/tor/xer on the server. This is not a new concept. There are people with hundred thousands, maybe even millions of jsp forum gold that use it to not only get rich fast, but they also control the prices then... Not being able to trade gold is a big advantage over jsp, because people will want in game items in return for theirs good when ladder resets. Rather than waiting 2 weeks to afford a few hrs because the Bitcoin value is so high.
    Well, one thing jsp has going for itself is the real-life trades. You can literally farm (bot) for high-lvl gear, trade it for fg, and then buy actual items (usually gift cards and shit) on jsp. It's like how d3 was at the beginning.

Still, I like annihilus's style better. Jsp prices after a couple of weeks on a new ladder just plummet down to almost nothing while on here the end-game content keeps most of its value.

Btw, when is the next reset?

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

Next reset is in march.

User Tag List