Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: farming vanilla content to get marks!/why?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by sleezy2 View Post
    i agree with clans having an advantage, but playing on here with friends is way more fun than playing solo. that being said i did pits until i got geared enough to farm dreamlands and lichking once getting higher tier items i then was able to party up with clan mates to run the crucible. the point im trying to make is you could still get crazy good gear from running pits solo in order to play all inferno areas solo...minus the crucible
    Yeah, absolutely you can get good gear from pits. I guess my main point was that the endgame gear should be what is hard to aquire and not the content itself. It's possible that I might only see one or two end game map keys drop in an entire ladder or maybe none at all. This not only means that if I do get to run a map that I won't have a clue about what's going on but I also could potentially not be able to complete it if I end up being under geared for it. That is ridiculous.

For some weird reason no one is making guide videos for Annihilus either. I have no idea why. I would think that those who run and/or develope this mod would at the very least encourage this if not do it themselves. Even the occasional reveal video for upcoming content would be beneficial for growth. I recently upgraded my computer so that i could start creating content. Making videos for Anni content was one of the goals that I had but with the increase of difficulty and the decrease of drop rates of keys I'm kind of at a loss. I would love to promote this server but it's kind of hard to do that without being able to actually play the endgame content.

Now if you're thinking to yourself, "Git gud then." Fine. I may not be the best of the best here on this server but then that leaves it up to you elite peeps to start making promotional content or guides for Anni. The more visual examples that people have of the new features of this mod, the more interest that will be generated.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: chiffon

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    how do you feel youself?
    so bored as hell when im farming this hard and no dice even though they are very fast run.

i'd prefer an area like pits than humping from acts to acts just to get the keys

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    Yeah, absolutely you can get good gear from pits. I guess my main point was that the endgame gear should be what is hard to aquire and not the content itself. It's possible that I might only see one or two end game map keys drop in an entire ladder or maybe none at all. This not only means that if I do get to run a map that I won't have a clue about what's going on but I also could potentially not be able to complete it if I end up being under geared for it. That is ridiculous.

For some weird reason no one is making guide videos for Annihilus either. I have no idea why. I would think that those who run and/or develope this mod would at the very least encourage this if not do it themselves. Even the occasional reveal video for upcoming content would be beneficial for growth. I recently upgraded my computer so that i could start creating content. Making videos for Anni content was one of the goals that I had but with the increase of difficulty and the decrease of drop rates of keys I'm kind of at a loss. I would love to promote this server but it's kind of hard to do that without being able to actually play the endgame content.

Now if you're thinking to yourself, "Git gud then." Fine. I may not be the best of the best here on this server but then that leaves it up to you elite peeps to start making promotional content or guides for Anni. The more visual examples that people have of the new features of this mod, the more interest that will be generated.
    i see where you are coming from. although I really enjoy just going onto the wiki and thinking of really cool builds, something that would stand out. the hard part is getting the gear. got to put that time in though, get that gear and trade for the pieces you want and hope the build works!! i personally dont want tto play a build that is already really popular. get creative there are tons of items that can change a build. message me in game if ever want to do some runs i can try to help anyway i can with a build

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

i see where you are coming from. although I really enjoy just going onto the wiki and thinking of really cool builds, something that would stand out. the hard part is getting the gear. got to put that time in though, get that gear and trade for the pieces you want and hope the build works!! i personally dont want tto play a build that is already really popular. get creative there are tons of items that can change a build. message me in game if ever want to do some runs i can try to help anyway i can with a build
    I like making new builds as well. My motivation usually revolves around effectiveness though. I'm not trying to make a new hipster build just to be the first to do it I also enjoy making a character that can solo content. I prefer it that way. I was using Mappo as a benchmark for new build ideas but now mythic bosses need to be killed by specific OP builds or zerged by groups. You can't just brainstorm a new concept for a build and hope for the best. It's sink or swim with MMO boss healing mechanics and I feel that this takes away from the game more than anything at the moment.

I understand farming old content is not for everyone, but a lot of people like having the old nostalgic bosses being useful to kill again. I do have good news for you though, there is a new patch coming fairly soon with a LOT of new monsters that will definitely be worth farming. I am not blind to what the community thinks, I just cannot put out all of the content I want to at once a a one man team, but it is definitely coming. If we're lucky we should see another content patch possibly even before the end of March!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I understand farming old content is not for everyone, but a lot of people like having the old nostalgic bosses being useful to kill again. I do have good news for you though, there is a new patch coming fairly soon with a LOT of new monsters that will definitely be worth farming. I am not blind to what the community thinks, I just cannot put out all of the content I want to at once a a one man team, but it is definitely coming. If we're lucky we should see another content patch possibly even before the end of March!
    but what about all your cool inferno levels that are not even being used?? open them up, let people play them! have to do a weeks worth of work to play one level!!! crazy town. I really do appreciate all the work you have put into this game, enjoy and respect the time you put into it. I dont want it to sound like this game isnt fucking awesome. just suggestions. oh and for the nostalgic junkies they still get to farm frags!!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

but what about all your cool inferno levels that are not even being used?? open them up, let people play them!
    This is seeming to be more of the problem than anything really, people just want to see the new areas.
    It's not even that they want to get the items from the area's easier, they just want to try the newer content.
    I remember last ladder the one place I got to try the least was probably going to fight Tyrael.
    I was obviously interested in getting an El'Druin sword because it's a cool item to get.
    But getting there just to fight him was what I wanted even more than anything.
    He was much easier back then, but still just being able to fight Tyrael brings joy to peoples hearts.
    The only thing I can really think that would make all of this work better would be what the bosses drop.
    The new end game bosses always drop something good, out of the 3-5 items? that only they can drop.
    If they had more bad drops like Lich King or Dreamlands bosses they could be farmed more.
    It would suck when you found a Mark or Soulstone and finally managed to kill the boss just to get nothing.
    But at least you would've gotten a chance to see the new bosses and areas and experience annihilus fully.
    I'm also starting to feel having items drop to get to the new areas is a bad thing because it's very limiting.
    People could be enjoying farming against Belial, Cthulhu, Azmodan, Trag'Oul, Tyrael, Matheal, ect ect.
    But 80% of the server at least at the moment haven't seen any of these bosses even once so far.
    New players coming to the server wont get to enjoy these areas if they cant get to them.
    Which leaves them to farm only the Pits, Plaguelands and Dreamlands ect. ect.
    Players love going to the end game content, it's what keeps them active and happy everyday.
    But if they can't see such a wide variety of the Annihilus content without struggling for days it seems pointless.
    They start thinking it's out of reach entirely and then just give up.
    I think getting to the areas should be easier, but getting the items the bosses drop shouldn't be as easy.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Pulse37

agree with lampo. Hard areas / bosses should provide the better rewards. i know this is generally true, but the marks and puzzle boxes are the things that provide the best gear, and drop from the weakest mobs and act bosses. Would prefer seeing areas as hard as level 14 cruci (the one with ifrits of destroyers) with slightly better drops, and mobs have a tiny chance to drop a certain mark.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

I really like the idea (forget who suggested it) of giving monsters in certain inferno areas a chance to drop a particular map. A2, A3 and A5 Icy Cellar inferno areas in particular are quite challenging and yet are rarely farmed because the red portal A5 areas are just so much easier. You could give each inferno area monster a small chance to drop a particular map. I think grinding those would be a lot more fun and challenging then mindlessly kiliing Diablo/Duriel/Baal. For example, A2 stony tomb monsters could drop Mark of Lies, A3 swampy pit monsters could drop Mark of Sin and A5 Icy Cellar Monsters could drop the Black Soulstone. They would still be exclusive due to the difficulty of those areas and it would be a much more fun and challenging hunt than vanilla boss killing. You could even do that while eliminating the drops from vanilla bosses while keeping (but lowering) the drop rate for the various uber versions of the vanilla bosses. I know I am going to need a mark pretty soon and am dreading farming nothing but Diablo for two weeks straight. Just my two cents.

Edit: echo what pulse said right above me
    Last edited by rrra; 03-15-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Savior View Post
    This is seeming to be more of the problem than anything really, people just want to see the new areas.
    It's not even that they want to get the items from the area's easier, they just want to try the newer content.
    I remember last ladder the one place I got to try the least was probably going to fight Tyrael.
    I was obviously interested in getting an El'Druin sword because it's a cool item to get.
    But getting there just to fight him was what I wanted even more than anything.
    He was much easier back then, but still just being able to fight Tyrael brings joy to peoples hearts.
    The only thing I can really think that would make all of this work better would be what the bosses drop.
    The new end game bosses always drop something good, out of the 3-5 items? that only they can drop.
    If they had more bad drops like Lich King or Dreamlands bosses they could be farmed more.
    It would suck when you found a Mark or Soulstone and finally managed to kill the boss just to get nothing.
    But at least you would've gotten a chance to see the new bosses and areas and experience annihilus fully.
    I'm also starting to feel having items drop to get to the new areas is a bad thing because it's very limiting.
    People could be enjoying farming against Belial, Cthulhu, Azmodan, Trag'Oul, Tyrael, Matheal, ect ect.
    But 80% of the server at least at the moment haven't seen any of these bosses even once so far.
    New players coming to the server wont get to enjoy these areas if they cant get to them.
    Which leaves them to farm only the Pits, Plaguelands and Dreamlands ect. ect.
    Players love going to the end game content, it's what keeps them active and happy everyday.
    But if they can't see such a wide variety of the Annihilus content without struggling for days it seems pointless.
    They start thinking it's out of reach entirely and then just give up.
    I think getting to the areas should be easier, but getting the items the bosses drop shouldn't be as easy.
    100% agree with you!!

User Tag List