• Dreamlands
    • inferno pits
    • time rift
    • Inferno cows

Uncommon areas to farm 3/16

• Act 2-stoney tomb
    • Act 3- swampy pits
    • Act 5- the iccy cellar
    • Crucible (I personally farm this a lot)

Extremely rare areas to farm 6/16

• Puzzle box map
    • Mark of trang’ oul
    • Mark of lies
    • Mark of sin
    • Black soulstone
    • Tyrael key

16 possible inferno areas to farm and only 7 of them are commonly used to farm. I find this to be under utilizing so much of this game! Is there a way that we can make these areas more accessible or worth farming?

My suggestions to open up the game for everyone to farm

Uncommon areas to farm 3/16
    • Act 2-stoney tomb
    • Act 3- swampy pits
    • Act 5- the iccy cellar

My only suggestion for these areas is to add more exclusive gear. Example lich king and dreamlands has multiple end game gear drops that are used. While each one listed below has only one exclusive legendary and swampy pits charm is only typically used for casters or ranged heroes. Also short circlet in act 2 is not strong enough to hold up against other end game builds. Iccy cellars helm is farmed only for the helm and then you don’t go back in.

Extremely rare areas to farm 6/16
    • Puzzle box map. Mark of trang’ oul
    • Mark of lies
    • Mark of sin
    • Black soulstone
    • Tyrael key

Open more areas to use without use of a key. Then either keys or marks drop from anywhere in the map that opens a portal that spawns a harder version of that boss. Finding keys is a very cool factor, knowing that you will get at least one item once u kill the boss!!

Another idea would be that the end boss drops items with drops rates comparable to lich king or dreamlands.
    Tyrael has a small map and would need to be expanded along with some others but he has to be one of the most popular characters in the game and i think alot of people would enjoy fighting him more than a couple times a season.

With having more versatility in farming people will be happier with the gameplay, and not get so frustrated by playing the same content over and over again thus giving players more longevity playing anni. This will create people farming new areas for a particular item to tailor their build instead of randomly praying that a key drops from anywhere in hell.

I am writing these suggestions right now because I am currently slowing killing myself/farming for belials tomb and wisdoms end to complete my build. So instead of farming inferno areas like crucible or dreamland that drop elite items I am instead playing god mode while farming vanilla bosses. The drops from black soulstone and mark of sin are too godly to merely just drop from vanilla bosses.

In conclusion let us have more areas to play the game, You already have the content we just can’t play it!

Thanks for all the hard work on the game and the continuous content!! We appreciate it!!

POLL:
    • locked inferno areas open to farm.
    • some locked inferno areas open to farm.
    • continue mindlessly farming vanilla bosses for marks/soulstone and randomly finding keys in hell.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Scorchz

True , id like to go farm some crucible or pits , but i always told myself , i could rape Duriel 1000 time to maybe get a mark , and go no loot , except scroll of town portal .. already begin to be tire of the ladder :s kinda sad !

So you guys would rather puzzle items drop a little more, kill the boss, and have a chance to not get their loot?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Scorchz

I was thinking , in act1 there's 3 pits , maybe you could change them into an inferno zone ? at the end there's a boss that can drop the mark or black stone with x % chances , that way , we can farm some items , by farming marks ! you can also keep the mark on the act boss aswell , that way we have a choice , cuz right now , it fell really odd , cuz you do 600+runs , for a mark that you may not even get the item you want , witch is okay , cuz D2 is about RNG , but chaining act boss doesnt drop vanilla unique very often

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

These situations arise whenever you introduce area specific or boss specific item drops into a loot based dungeon crawler. As long as there is an area with higher drop rates of desireable items that is efficiently farmable, that's where they will spend their time. This is why whenever we discuss the drop rates of something like the Mark of Sin and the stock answer is "you'll have a better chance to get it if you farm uber Diablo or the Diablo clone" I just have to shake my head. People farm time rift diablo for a reason. It's relatively efficient and you have a chance at getting boss specific items along with ilvl 87+ gear as well. Farming keys for Uber's won't do this for you. You're better off trading the gear and/or runes that you find farming the time rift with someone who has been using an exploit that stockpile anni charms Since that's how we roll here apparently.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

My vision:

Tier-1 inferno:

- Act5 infero portals.
    - Inf cows

First inferno for new players, ladder reset. ilvl < 90 and sligtly nerf quality of drops. Very small chance to drop puzzle boxes

Tier-2 inferno:
    stoney tomb
    swampy pits
    the iccy cellar

better quality of drops and ilvl, Small chance to drop puzzle boxes

Tier-3 inferno:
    Should be new areas with mob strength ~ Level 14 Crucible, requires GOOD equipped player(s)
    a2 fake tombs, ancient tunnels, act3 temples and act1 caves are good candidates.
    Best quality of drops, 99ilvl, chance to drop puzzle boxes

By puzzle box i mean keys to ctogga, belial, azmoda, malthael, etc

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    So you guys would rather puzzle items drop a little more, kill the boss, and have a chance to not get their loot?
    I think some people would prefer this, just so they could get to see the areas more often.
    But the others who have already seen them would most likely be against this idea.
    Can't really make everyone happy unfortunately.

You could possibly make it easier to find a Tyrael's Key.
    Or make it so you don't need anything to get to Tyrael all together.
    Then he could be similar to farming Lich King + Time Rift ect.
    I think a few more end areas should be open to enter without an item.
    Doesn't have to be Tyrael, could even be added areas in the future.
    Santa was very popular with people I believe, because he was easily accessible.
    Maybe he was a bit too easy to kill and get to, but people seemed to like farming him.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    My vision:

Tier-1 inferno:

- Act5 infero portals.
    - Inf cows

First inferno for new players, ladder reset. ilvl < 90 and sligtly nerf quality of drops. Very small chance to drop puzzle boxes

Tier-2 inferno:
    stoney tomb
    swampy pits
    the iccy cellar

Tier-3 inferno:
    Should be new areas with mob strength ~ Level 14 Crucible, requires GOOD equipped player(s)
    a2 fake tombs, ancient tunnels, act3 temples and act1 caves are good candidates.

I wonder if it would be possible to add a whole other difficulty level to the game to coincide with a new level cap(if that's still
    In the works). Normal, nightmare, hell, inferno?

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    I wonder if it would be possible to add a whole other difficulty level to the game to coincide with a new level cap(if that's still
    In the works). Normal, nightmare, hell, inferno?
    Nope!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Pulse37

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    My vision:

Tier-1 inferno:

- Act5 infero portals.
    - Inf cows

Tier-2 inferno:
    stoney tomb
    swampy pits
    the iccy cellar

Tier-3 inferno:

+1 to this

User Tag List