Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't find keys for shit

Gold
    Annihilus Account: biggins107

Can't find keys for shit

I don't usually make suggestions on this site however, this is something that has always bothered me. Grinding for keys has become a real annoyance. Hate and Destruction keys aren't so bad but Terror keys are the absolute worst. It takes over a minute to do one Terror key run and I often have to do ~30 runs to get one key. Having to spend over an hour to get one set of 3 Terror keys is absurd. My brother has even gotten to 76 games before he found 1 Terror key. I understand you can buy organ baskets from the gold vendor but the rate in which organs are dispersed seems disproportional. I know you're already going to say "each organ has the same chance of being drawn from the table". This is not always the case for many players, not just me. I opened 10 organ baskets the other day and only got one complete set of uber organs. I was left with 3 Baal's Eyes and 1 Diablo's Horn. This means I have a few choices, buy bunch more organ baskets and end up with 5 spare Baal's eyes and 2 Diablo's Horns, or grind keys in the hopes of opening the uber portals of the organs I do not have. To do this means I would still have to get 3 sets of each key, just in case the correct portal does not open first. Below I have listed a series of possible solutions to this displeasing situation.
    1. Decrease the amount of levels required to descend to get to The Countess. (from 5 to 3 for instance)
    a. Decreasing the amount of levels would not necessarily fix the issue, but only make it less painful to grind keys
    2. Shorten the map lengths between Countess levels. (use normal difficulty Tower Cellar maps on all difficulties)
    a. This would be similar to the previous solution, it would not fix the issue but rather make it less annoying
    3. Increase the drop rate for keys for The Countess. (double or triple the current chance)
    a. This solution would probably be one of the best options, but teleporting to The Countess would still be painful.
    4. Add keys to the gold merchant. (20 gold per key)
    a. This option would be beneficial to helping players who have an excess amount of organs from opening multiple instances of Basket of Organs
    b. This method would also be a balanced alternative to just buying organ baskets as well, at 20 gold per key it would cost 180 gold for a complete organ set (1.5X the cost of an organ basket)
    c. This also means players will still have to do the predecessor ubers, in contrast to just doing the final three as a result of purchasing an excessive amount of Organ Baskets
    d. This will not necessarily discourage players from buying organs baskets, because some people like the blue organs that come from them as well

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by biggins107 View Post
    I don't usually make suggestions on this site however, this is something that has always bothered me. Grinding for keys has become a real annoyance. Hate and Destruction keys aren't so bad but Terror keys are the absolute worst. It takes over a minute to do one Terror key run and I often have to do ~30 runs to get one key. Having to spend over an hour to get one set of 3 Terror keys is absurd. My brother has even gotten to 76 games before he found 1 Terror key. I understand you can buy organ baskets from the gold vendor but the rate in which organs are dispersed seems disproportional. I know you're already going to say "each organ has the same chance of being drawn from the table". This is not always the case for many players, not just me. I opened 10 organ baskets the other day and only got one complete set of uber organs. I was left with 3 Baal's Eyes and 1 Diablo's Horn. This means I have a few choices, buy bunch more organ baskets and end up with 5 spare Baal's eyes and 2 Diablo's Horns, or grind keys in the hopes of opening the uber portals of the organs I do not have. To do this means I would still have to get 3 sets of each key, just in case the correct portal does not open first. Below I have listed a series of possible solutions to this displeasing situation.
    1. Decrease the amount of levels required to descend to get to The Countess. (from 5 to 3 for instance)
    a. Decreasing the amount of levels would not necessarily fix the issue, but only make it less painful to grind keys
    2. Shorten the map lengths between Countess levels. (use normal difficulty Tower Cellar maps on all difficulties)
    a. This would be similar to the previous solution, it would not fix the issue but rather make it less annoying
    3. Increase the drop rate for keys for The Countess. (double or triple the current chance)
    a. This solution would probably be one of the best options, but teleporting to The Countess would still be painful.
    4. Add keys to the gold merchant. (20 gold per key)
    a. This option would be beneficial to helping players who have an excess amount of organs from opening multiple instances of Basket of Organs
    b. This method would also be a balanced alternative to just buying organ baskets as well, at 20 gold per key it would cost 180 gold for a complete organ set (1.5X the cost of an organ basket)
    c. This also means players will still have to do the predecessor ubers, in contrast to just doing the final three as a result of purchasing an excessive amount of Organ Baskets
    d. This will not necessarily discourage players from buying organs baskets, because some people like the blue organs that come from them as well
    Very nicely written and well thought up but some of this I can't see happening.
    I'm doubting any of this would really be added into the game unfortunately.

1. Wouldn't make much of a difference, if you can tele the 2 extra levels takes 2 extra seconds to go through.

2. It does take longer to get to Countess but shortening the distance even slightly wouldn't make a difference.

3. It can be a bit annoying to get a terror key sometimes but at least one of them has to be a harder to find.

4. I can see this working but since organ baskets already exist, I don't think it would be considered really.

It's not my decision in the end either way.
    I'm just letting you know the chances of any of this happening are quite slim.
    But it's always appreciated when players try to come up with ideas to improve the server.
    Never say never, and good luck finding them keys.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bigben

I second this emotion, tkeys are a pain to farm

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

He's right. T keys arč the worst to farm. I second options 1 and 4. I would be more convinced to spend money on gold for keys than organ baskets.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

now imagine you need to find 6 x 3x3 = 54 keys to get just one annihilus charm LOL

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Or you could just track each games IP and do something special for a pub walk

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    Or you could just track each games IP and do something special for a pub walk
    there is only one ip

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

If i resume:
    Keys are a pain to farm
    Marks are a pain to farm
    Frags are a pain to farm
    PL cant drop high end elite items
    Go play DL and then shoot urself....

edit: ofc u can still trade... try trading for a mark.....

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Ffs It's not that bad.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    Ffs It's not that bad.

User Tag List