Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ADDITIONAL INFERNO MAPS FOR FARM

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    So you guys would rather puzzle items drop a little more, kill the boss, and have a chance to not get their loot?
    Farm the puzzle box map for a chance to drop key and then the key to have 100% CHNCE TO DROP. the idea is for more places to farm. I would be farming that map like crazy right now. Still stuck doing baal and duriel though and getting bored and burnt out. Its not fun and I feel I have doing more of that conent like that after farming for keys for higher chance for mark and not to mention frags.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Im fine with certain bosses dropping their own marks, but I do agree that the other puzzles: Ctoggha / Trag-Oul / Tyrael should have a bit % increased chance

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Shtew

It would be cool for harder areas to drop more rare items often, so you are rewarded for building strong characters. Like how crucible works but maybe add some very difficult inferno areas where you have higher drop rates on marks/keys/boxes.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Lower the drop rate of end game gear significantly and raise the drop rate of the items needed to gain access to the events required to farm them. A thousand times yes please. It would make the game less tedious and boring and convince players to do longer MF runs.

Gold

Trading is damn damn near annoying because everyone wants endgame gear or high runes. Frags and keysets have lowered in value because anyone can just make a WC barb and farm the shit out of vanilla content running solo. I understand that cooperative play is trying to be encouraged with the cruci, but the only way to efficiently farm High runes and blue organs right now is to solo rush 7 toons to hell and run private cow games. How about raising the number of items that drop off of vanilla monsters regardless of the number of players in game? I've also mentioned increasing the density of monsters in all vanilla areas. This would convince me and others I'm sure to farm for blue organs and high runes elsewhere and spend more overall time in each game created.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    Trading is damn damn near annoying because everyone wants endgame gear or high runes. Frags and keysets have lowered in value because anyone can just make a WC barb and farm the shit out of vanilla content running solo. I understand that cooperative play is trying to be encouraged with the cruci, but the only way to efficiently farm High runes and blue organs right now is to solo rush 7 toons to hell and run private cow games. How about raising the number of items that drop off of vanilla monsters regardless of the number of players in game? I've also mentioned increasing the density of monsters in all vanilla areas. This would convince me and others I'm sure to farm for blue organs and high runes elsewhere and spend more overall time in each game created.

wouldnt you rather farm inferno areas to obtain the items you need rather farm hrs to trade?? lol, you are saying the exact opposite of the article. its not to make vanilla mobs drop more, its so there are extra inferno areas to farm. are u looking for cow set or something, is that why you are running cows all time?? run some pits, i have also found lots of hrs in dreamlands along with 2 tyraels and arkaines.

Raising the drop rate of keys would flood the market with godly gear. Unless you mean the boss would then not have a guaranteed drop? I think it would be way more fun to have key only areas open to farm, so its not as teadious. having an addional 3 or 4 maps to farm would break things up from the usual routes. also when it comes down to the last couple of items u need you can prioritize a map to farm when u need it.

Gold

I mean that the boss would not have a guaranteed drop. Raise the drop rate of items requires to access events...lower the drop rate in events significantly.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Norp

+1

Gold

[QUOTE=DacFarren;71643]I mean that the boss would not have a guaranteed drop. Raise the drop rate of items requires to access events...lower the drop rate in events significantly.[/QUOTE

to bad you didnt read the orginal post. why still farm vanilla bosses for keys? RNG is already annoying enough farming countess keys and they have a reasonable drop rate. the idea of the article was to open more areas to farm, not make it more annoying

Gold

[QUOTE=sleezy2;71724]
    Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    I mean that the boss would not have a guaranteed drop. Raise the drop rate of items requires to access events...lower the drop rate in events significantly.[/QUOTE

to bad you didnt read the orginal post. why still farm vanilla bosses for keys? RNG is already annoying enough farming countess keys and they have a reasonable drop rate. the idea of the article was to open more areas to farm, not make it more annoying
    I'm not disagreeing with your idea, I'm just adding more to it. And I'm talking about raising the obvious event openers. Marks, Tyreal's Key, Blue Organs...ect. And something has to be done about those Terror keys. 5 levels as opposed to 1 or 2 for the others? And I for one enjoy vanilla Diablo 2. That's why I came here: For the heightened experience of the same classic game I've been playing since 2000, with a bit of enhancements sprinkled here and there to keep it fresh and interesting. Farming is only boring because we have limited access to some of the events. Raising access to them and slightly lowering the drop rate of end game game gear would certainly make it less yawn-inducing.

User Tag List