Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats with that gold hype!?!?!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

Whats with that gold hype!?!?!

For some time I notice that trading in the server is done solely on the principle of gold for items. Аnd the logical question that I ask myself is: why you need all this gold? Is it connected with the near future reset or something else........ Аt first I thought it is a way to raise money to maintain the server (witch is good!), but over time more and more players recognize gold as the universal currency in the server (witch in my opinion is bad and ruin the experiance a lot) So whats your thoughts on that one?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Like you said, future reset. Ladders been out a while, 90% of people have everything they need... So they have no reason to trade for items which will eventually be worthless on reset. So they trade for gold to prepare for next reset.

It's a double-edged blade, on one hand a lot of these people would prob stop playing if they couldn't farm for gold as they would have no reason to do it which would greatly reduce the existing community. On the other hand it kinda destroys the spirit of the ladder, as certain people will have a massive head start killing the notion of a "fresh start".

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Like you said, future reset. Ladders been out a while, 90% of people have everything they need... So they have no reason to trade for items which will eventually be worthless on reset. So they trade for gold to prepare for next reset.

It's a double-edged blade, on one hand a lot of these people would prob stop playing if they couldn't farm for gold as they would have no reason to do it which would greatly reduce the existing community. On the other hand it kinda destroys the spirit of the ladder, as certain people will have a massive head start killing the notion of a "fresh start".
    So you are telling me that after the reset they will keep their gold??!!?? If so, thats not a briliant idea. So i`ll just sell all my gear for gold and wait for the reset...... I dont know why have to play now, since the stuff that i want are sold only for gold.... We need a change in that one, cuz if we keep that situation for some people the reset isnt going to be a true fresh start.....

P.S Not only that gold is a universal currency, it will become THE ONLY ONE!
    Last edited by val; 01-04-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

pay2win boyz need gold

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Gold wont be away after reset. Imagine the ppl get told that all their spent real money is deleted at the start of a ladder. Then we have like 1-2 months of an active ladder until every item is as worthless as a el rune. Then everybody stops playing and noone ever will trade for gold that is erased one day.

= no more money for the admins = no more reason to run a server with consistent updates.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: RevanDarth

In my opinion, gold should be disabled for at least 1-2 weeks after the reset, everybody should have a fair chance at start.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

Quote Originally Posted by RevanDarth View Post
    In my opinion, gold should be disabled for at least 1-2 weeks after the reset, everybody should have a fair chance at start.
    We did remove some things from the vendor for a week at the beginning of last reset, we will most likely be doing the same, for that exact reason.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

Life is never fair.

I personally think that until there is a notable PVP on Annihilus and / or constant updates, having a ladder reset just doesn't do anything good for the server. There isn't a large enough community to warrant a ladder reset.

Having a ladder reset is the root cause issue, not gold. With how the gold system is setup and how it is directly tied to the game and only certain items being able to be bought with gold, the current system is inherently flawed if a ladder reset is introduced.

If ladder resets were shorter and were really a "climb to 99" and a gold prize associated with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd character to get to 99 and then the ladder resets all over again and those characters don't roll over, then you have a viable system. The current system is so flawed causing many more problems than it fixes.

Diablo was not designed around "intense leveling" nor does this mod. I would venture to guess it takes like 3-4 days after reset to hit 99. How the game is designed, monster difficulty does not scale with player level causing "a grind to 99" essentially meaningless.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Pulse37

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    Life is never fair.

I personally think that until there is a notable PVP on Annihilus and / or constant updates, having a ladder reset just doesn't do anything good for the server. There isn't a large enough community to warrant a ladder reset.

Having a ladder reset is the root cause issue, not gold. With how the gold system is setup and how it is directly tied to the game and only certain items being able to be bought with gold, the current system is inherently flawed if a ladder reset is introduced.

If ladder resets were shorter and were really a "climb to 99" and a gold prize associated with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd character to get to 99 and then the ladder resets all over again and those characters don't roll over, then you have a viable system. The current system is so flawed causing many more problems than it fixes.

Diablo was not designed around "intense leveling" nor does this mod. I would venture to guess it takes like 3-4 days after reset to hit 99. How the game is designed, monster difficulty does not scale with player level causing "a grind to 99" essentially meaningless.
    for something that is completely free (unless you want to donate) i think the updates are great! Also have you played during a ladder reset? Many people would agree the start of ladder reset is when there is most community,trading and general fun.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

I have played D2 since release.

So yes I have been a part of many ladder resets and they all fail miserably after the initial grind. The point is, the trend line of activity and buying / trading exponentially decreases hour by hour after the first couple days. The ladder system to heighten gameplay works well in ththe very short term. Medium and long term outlook is bleak. As you can see, it causes immense issues, especially in a small community to the long term success. It causes people to make 1-2 characters, gear them. Then try to sell off gear at extreme discounts only to flood the market with supply and severely curb demand causing limited activity and a struggle for any new players as people only want to sell for gold, because they value the current items at 0, meaning when the reset happens, those characters won't be touched again.

There are many other ways to spurn growth, expansion, and activity in the game and marketplace such as PVP, which is what this game is mainly centered around, even with the increase focus this mod has on PVM.

If you want to grind your character through difficulties, don't use the spectate fuction, you don't need a ladder reset to accomplish this goal.

Again, with how this game is setup, a very quick ladder is the way to do it, not spread it out over 6 months or more. There just isn't enough community. And even in vanilla D2, ladder is just a bot / MF paradise due to additional runewords and uniques only found on ladder, causing people to pay slightly more for enigmas ect. So they can get a piece of the pie quicker, rather than running around grinding on a shitty character to hopefully find Ber + Jah + Vex so they can make a hammer din

User Tag List