Thread: Hardcore tips

Gold
    Annihilus Account: djape

Hardcore tips

Veteran HC player here...few weeks in on the 5.0b patch...finally got the hang of what classes without endgame gear work...imho the war cry barb using the shield new spell got me cruising to hell...super safe and does the dmg job...obviously coz of the dmg buff on WC from vanilla...the multishot zon seems to do the job aswell...im guessing everything works this is just my newb idea...only idea of the new content i saw was on the boss run video on youtube...tbh it got me scared...ye i burried a few characters by wondering in tristram and what i thought was a casual mausoleum down in burial grounds, but this new bosses oneshot a dude with what i can only assume is godly endgame gear...anyway since i only play hardcore, and sry to say i wont be making an appearance on SC to learn the new content...any experienced HC players around for some new content builds discussion? Is uber godly gear smitter still the way to go past dclone and uber tristram?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Tby

you flat out won't be able to experience some of the content on hardcore. Like, there is a tiny chance, but for the most part, people who venture into hc don't even bother farming most of the new content. So good luck, hope you enjoy your time before you get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by djape View Post
    Veteran HC player here...few weeks in on the 5.0b patch...finally got the hang of what classes without endgame gear work...imho the war cry barb using the shield new spell got me cruising to hell...super safe and does the dmg job...obviously coz of the dmg buff on WC from vanilla...the multishot zon seems to do the job aswell...im guessing everything works this is just my newb idea...only idea of the new content i saw was on the boss run video on youtube...tbh it got me scared...ye i burried a few characters by wondering in tristram and what i thought was a casual mausoleum down in burial grounds, but this new bosses oneshot a dude with what i can only assume is godly endgame gear...anyway since i only play hardcore, and sry to say i wont be making an appearance on SC to learn the new content...any experienced HC players around for some new content builds discussion? Is uber godly gear smitter still the way to go past dclone and uber tristram?
    There is a massive restructure patch coming with the next reset likely next month, this should make endgame content possible in hardcore, atleast most of it. Stay tuned!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: RubMyCrit

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    There is a massive restructure patch coming with the next reset likely next month, this should make endgame content possible in hardcore, atleast most of it. Stay tuned!
    so glad to hear this. I find SC to be unfulfilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan3043 View Post
    so glad to hear this. I find SC to be unfulfilling.
    I'll definitely do my best to not let you HC players down Just remember, not all content will be easy, or even possible, but hopefully more than now!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

With the right gear you wont get oneshot. You will sacrifice alot damage for 95 maxres, a ton of stacked res and absorbbut once you wear all the right gear its pretty easy to survive.
    The guys on softcore tend to go for more risk (90 res, not enough stacked or smth) but do enough damage to out-dps most of the content. And once in a while they get oneshotted ofcourse :P

When lichking was a thing back a year or smth we were doing him on hardcore just well.
    Even soloed him with psnmancer after i got the dagger.

You will likely need a softcore character first to test things out... i couldbt imagine to learn everything needed from vids and guides around here and youtube.

At least 5.1 or 6.0 whatever it will be called then makes normal way harder. That will make hardcore interesting from the getgo

Gold
    Annihilus Account: djape

well the the thread was imagined for builds discussion, as in some knowledge sharing from experienced players...u were talking bout a psnmancer...how so? is psn the way to go, or just godly -res to break, and summons to tank the dmg? stacked max res smitter with life tap always seemed the safest way to go...any thoughts?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: dattelmann

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    :-)

i would say druid and nec are pretty good for hardcore beginners (at least 5 months ago) just bc of your meat shields. you can test a lot with them and if its getting out of control you will recognise it.

id love to see some more possible content on hardcore. i hope you can farm nihlathak then and all these stupid suicide enemies. these f****** dolls.

but since hardcore isnt the best place to trade, u can have a hard time finding exactly the gear u need for your char.

whenever the new content/patch/reset is done i will come back and all HC players should do some hellfire cows together just like in SC.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: caca

A lot of hc stuff was double before 6.0 . there summon necro and drood were really powerfull. Because of nerfs like explosion corps and hell cows i dont know... I played 3 days and ripped m'y maniac necro....
    I think New mecanism Will force ppl to play in team to go late game.
    Anyway Last patch i did titch lichking, a3 boss that loot the shrunken head unique charm, a5 Red portal, and 2 3 inferno cows...once again Red portal xp nerf and cow lvl Will make this more difficult, but ill be glad to test things again as soon as i re lvl my necro :-D

User Tag List