Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Suggestions

Suggestions

General
    Remove the distinction between deadly and critical strike.

Crucible
    1. I am not a huge fan of the monster alert system with the pentagram underneath your character. It seems to have difficulty updating sometimes, which will screw me over. Sometimes I have no pentagram and click the scroll and then the pentagram re-appears. It is very irritating. I think a good solution would be to implement something like the countdown on the Den of Evil Quest, where you count down how many monsters are left in a given area and then have the area by the chest change color or something like that when you are clear.
    2. Another useful improvement would be to have a clearly defined/marked off area in which you have to click the scroll. The ! doesn’t always show up promptly and can throw you off. It would make more sense to have a clearly marked area on the ground instead of waiting for the ! to show up.

Crow Druid
    1. Add +amp damage to Ravenlore for the same reason that Skull of the Unclean has it. Crow druids have no way of applying curses besides using a mercenary, and they want it just as much as a ww barb does.
    2. Allow Ravens to be impacted by auras.
    3. Allow murder of crows to be on left click. Right now this build doesn’t use left click at all.
    Oh and does anybody know if the physical/cold pierce on hurricane is passive or do you actually have to use it?

BK set
    1. Evade or increased dr% or resists would be nice as you take a huge hit to survivability while dual-wielding.
    2. Flat attack rating would be nice, although skull of the unclean may be enough. I don't have one to test with.
    3. Getting maxed cb and deadly strike on two weapons is a real pain. Either make it so deadly strike and crushing blow aren’t weapon specific or add some of both to the set bonus.

Concentrate
    Unloved and undused. I think it has a cool niche as a juggernaut build. Since defense rating isn’t very important on anni, perhaps replacing the defense bonus with evade or some other higher-value defensive stat (%dr, integer dr, max resists, even life per hit) would be cool. An attack speed boost wouldnt hurt either.

Iron Skin
    Same problem as concentrate. Defense rating just doesn’t seem that valuable on anni in the end game. Given the name, I think some form of damage reduction (percent or integer) is appropriate.

Gae Bolg
    Death Spear still feels awkward and it’s really hard to get sufficient crushing blow, deadly strike and attack rating on an item that doesn’t have them and doesn’t have any sockets. I just found a really nice ethereal one and I can’t find a reason to use it. Some back of the hand calculations suggest that a double throw build might work out all right, especially if it had piercing attack on it. I only have one though and no skull of the unclean, so I can’t test it myself.

Berserk
    I think this has potential if someone figures out the right build for it. That being said, I think it might benefit from being like blessed hammer, half magic and half physical. Then create a new item to help it out. An attack speed boost wouldnt hurt either.

Khalims Rage
    Berserker axe
    400-500% damage
    +150-200 damage
    50% attack speed
    20-30% magic damage
    20-30% crushing blow
    +3 barb skills
    +4-7 berserk
    Level 10-20 magic pierce aura when equipped
    10-20 physical pierce
    15% Chance to cast nephalem flames when striking
    5% max resists
    40-50 resists
    20-25% evade

Chaos
    Indestructible. Whirlwhind degrades weapons REALLY quickly.

Khalims Hope
    Nephalem Flames on being struck is kind of lame since you have max block+evade + low proc chance. It would be nice if it was on kill (or even on striking ) with a similar proc rate.

Blessed Hammer
    I used to play this all the time on normal bnet, but now it just feels clunky. I’m not sure exactly how to fix it. I think a wider hitbox might help though
    Last edited by rrra; 11-28-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Awesome suggestions. Thanks for being very constructive with the issues and providing possible solutions, instead of just saying "blah blah sucks". It makes it easier to see from another's perspective and come up with a solution, even if the solution provided by the user isn't ideal, it still helps. A few of these are going to be addressed in the upcoming patch . I posted recently that the Crucible is getting essentially a full rework, but it will be in the patch after 4.2. It will feel MUCH better, trust me! I agree it's a little clunky right now, but it was the first time I've ever seen a mod do something remotely close to it, so I knew it was going to take some time to get right.

As for the weapon, it's funny you post something like that! Patch 4.2 is adding a lot of new vanilla uniques, meaning they can drop anywhere in the game as long as the monster's level is high enough. The thing is, they will be the same base item as other uniques, so they will be quite rare. Compare it to Tyrael's / Templar's Might. We had plans to add a Berserker Axe one as well, I can probably use your axe as a base and go from there.

Oh and, yes Hurricane has to be active to gain the pierce, same with Armageddon.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    [COLOR="#FFD700"]
    Khalims Rage
    Berserker axe
    400-500% damage
    +150-200 damage
    50% attack speed
    20-30% magic damage
    20-30% crushing blow
    +3 barb skills
    +4-7 berserk
    Level 10-20 magic pierce aura when equipped
    10-20 physical pierce
    15% Chance to cast nephalem flames when striking
    5% max resists
    40-50 resists
    20-25% evade
    Dont forget 4os. Ill take two please
    Last edited by Drlukifer; 11-25-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: kenkph

yea on the Crucible,i can feel u,because it bugs me out so many times that i totally give up on it already.its 1 of the main reason as well that there are so much shortage on cain jewels which is requested alot by traders who are building on endgame

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Awesome suggestions. Thanks for being very constructive with the issues and providing possible solutions, instead of just saying "blah blah sucks". It makes it easier to see from another's perspective and come up with a solution, even if the solution provided by the user isn't ideal, it still helps. A few of these are going to be addressed in the upcoming patch . I posted recently that the Crucible is getting essentially a full rework, but it will be in the patch after 4.2. It will feel MUCH better, trust me! I agree it's a little clunky right now, but it was the first time I've ever seen a mod do something remotely close to it, so I knew it was going to take some time to get right.

As for the weapon, it's funny you post something like that! Patch 4.2 is adding a lot of new vanilla uniques, meaning they can drop anywhere in the game as long as the monster's level is high enough. The thing is, they will be the same base item as other uniques, so they will be quite rare. Compare it to Tyrael's / Templar's Might. We had plans to add a Berserker Axe one as well, I can probably use your axe as a base and go from there.

Oh and, yes Hurricane has to be active to gain the pierce, same with Armageddon.
    +9001 points for more "vanilla uniques."

Gold
    Annihilus Account: WDZepplin2

I feel like indestructible chaos would be OP since all claws would be eth and sins would deal even more dmg than the ridiculous amount they already have.

The other points are valid but as always not all builds are viable end game it was the same in vanilla d2 as well
    maybe barbs can get something similar to assassins with claw block when they dual wield weapons, just throwing an idea out there

For @Game, can you please increase the duration of hurricane to something like 200s instead of 50s, feels really bad to have to cast it so often - I think 200s is really fair and not OP - just less annoying overall

Gold

So I have a few updates to this after further testing and a few new ideas.

Frenzy
    First off, I mained frenzy pvm on live. I am so excited to discover it is workable here. It makes a fun, if extremely glassy inferno farmer. With 7k life buffed, I feel about as tanky as a sorc. It would be really helpful if deadly strike/crushing blow were not weapon specific (Maybe that could be a bk set bonus. Another idea would be to have an enchant/small charm that gives alot of deadly strike and crushing blow that gives -80% block chance and block rate) and if dual wielders got some sort of defensive buff.

BK Set
    So using frenzy, skull of the unclean with one dragon jewel so far, and a fully maxed out sword mastery gives me about 30k ar. With whirlwind it would probably be around 25. So while some more flat ar would be nice and appreciated, (40k ar I think is about what I need to hit 90% of the time in endgame content) its not as important as having some additional defensive stats when dual wielding.

Iron skin
    Most shield users dont really need defense rating much, but my frenzier (and other melee builds that dont use shields well such as bears on live) needs it desperately. So please don't get rid of the defense rating unless frenziers are getting some sort of defensive buff.

Mercenaries
    Mercenaries are fine vs normal content. They just really struggle vs some of the end-game stuff. Here is an idea for getting around coding problems to buff the defensive stats of mercenaries. I don't expect them to do any more damage then they already can do.

Unique Dusk Shroud (ormus would be more common)
    50% damage reduction
    100 resist all
    15% max resists
    400% enhanced defense
    spawns ethereal only
    25% chance to cast inject acid on being struck
    100% chance to cast lvl 20 fade on being struck
    -100% vitality
    -100% energy
    -1000 mana per second (these last 3 are ways to ensure its only viable on mercs)
    spawns with level 25 of a random aura (already good, the right aura makes it godly and super rare)

Belts
    Do something to make it so you always get 4 slots. Picking up potions on death is very irritating. Perhaps there can be an small charm that does this similarly to how the prime charm can work as a cube?

Infernal Chests
    Right now they don't seem to be worth the gold to open them. With a pvp patch in the near future, one way to buff them would be to have infernal pearls spawn with perfect stats. I don't see many people using them in pvm, but if pvp becomes more common, they may be much more useful. Also, the chests are rare enough that I don't think this would flood the market if they are used in pvp at anywhere near the rate they used to be on live. (37 x3/20/20)
    Last edited by rrra; 11-28-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: scottyruns
    Annihilus Account: Mana

Love it

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bigben

How about boosting the base damage of all weapons. Say like 1.5X their original damage.
    As of now it seems as though most spells have been buffed, so it's disproportionate when you compare these factors to melee builds.

Gold

Halt
    Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 03afd7c0

The othuyeg bug thats been around forever, that hasn't been fixed and just killed my crucible
    Any fix on this would be much appreciated. I'd estimate it happens about 1/15 - 20 runs.
    Last edited by rrra; 12-04-2016 at 03:57 PM.

User Tag List