Thread: An Odd Request!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: updawg

An Odd Request!

I stumbled upon this mod on accident and I am very intrigued! The way I got here way trying to find a way to make Diablo 2 work with Multires and the glide wrapper. And to my surprise you guys made that work natively in your client!

Is there anyway to implement this on a vanilla version of D2 LOD preferably 1.13c/d? I am trying to preserve the greatest game in gaming history in the best possible state. I currently have made 3D audio work by using this: http://www.indirectsound.com/

I believe this is mod is based on 1.13d - could I theoretically just place the patch_d2.mpq from 1.13d in the folder and be good to go? If not is there a way to extract the files needed and include them in my diablo directory? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

I wouldnt advice u to use a multi res on regular battle.net this will get you banned for sure, especially now with 1.14 and warden being active ^^, This is the best place to play d2 btw !

Gold

I am not playing on battle.net. This is for single player/lan play only. Especially with 1.14a out I couldn't do anything online with a working 1.13c/d version. This mod is definitely something I could pick up and play as it looks awesome - However, I am currently more interested in preserving the game in the best possible state so in 10 years from now I can still play it!

Quote Originally Posted by updawg View Post
    I stumbled upon this mod on accident and I am very intrigued! The way I got here way trying to find a way to make Diablo 2 work with Multires and the glide wrapper. And to my surprise you guys made that work natively in your client!

Is there anyway to implement this on a vanilla version of D2 LOD preferably 1.13c/d? I am trying to preserve the greatest game in gaming history in the best possible state. I currently have made 3D audio work by using this: http://www.indirectsound.com/

I believe this is mod is based on 1.13d - could I theoretically just place the patch_d2.mpq from 1.13d in the folder and be good to go? If not is there a way to extract the files needed and include them in my diablo directory? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hey there! Unfortunately our work requires much more than just the patch_d2.mpq file, our client is heavily modified. There is no real way for you to just take the resolution part only :/. I'm very glad you're intrigued but I get requests all the time to give certain things away from our mod, and I have to turn them down as we have simply just put too much time and hard work into our client. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, I am sorry .

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Hey there! Unfortunately our work requires much more than just the patch_d2.mpq file, our client is heavily modified. There is no real way for you to just take the resolution part only :/. I'm very glad you're intrigued but I get requests all the time to give certain things away from our mod, and I have to turn them down as we have simply just put too much time and hard work into our client. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, I am sorry .
    I was asking about using your client but with the default 1.13d patch_d2.mpq. Would that work? Thanks for the response!

I was asking about using your client but with the default 1.13d patch_d2.mpq. Would that work? Thanks for the response!
    Oh, unfortunately that won't work either.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Oh, unfortunately that won't work either.
    I tested that last night seems to work perfectly. I was able to load my saved character and play.

I tested that last night seems to work perfectly. I was able to load my saved character and play.
    Keep playing and you'll see what I mean. Be prepared to crash, a lot. There are things in the patch that are required to power the rest of the client.

User Tag List