Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murder of Crows is borderline useless. Did you even test it?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

Murder of Crows is borderline useless. Did you even test it?

Heya. The effort on making this custom spell is appreciated, however it's horrible. There's literally no cool down on it. You literally hold down your mouse button and say goodbye to your entire mana pool in about 3 seconds. I am doing 3.2k every millisecond with it and I am not even budging the health of an inferno cow. I dont know if the skill is bugged or not doing what it was intended to do, but it's garbage. Yes the raven's attack faster, but they are only good at killing the vanilla monsters and literally nothing of the custom ones. All in all, I am finding myself losing interest in this server due to the lack of viability of most builds in the endgame. Shield Thrower barbs are literally the only barbarian to make now. Multi explosive/frozen arrow amazons are the only thing to build, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Heya. The effort on making this custom spell is appreciated, however it's horrible. There's literally no cool down on it. You literally hold down your mouse button and say goodbye to your entire mana pool in about 3 seconds. I am doing 3.2k every millisecond with it and I am not even budging the health of an inferno cow. I dont know if the skill is bugged or not doing what it was intended to do, but it's garbage. Yes the raven's attack faster, but they are only good at killing the vanilla monsters and literally nothing of the custom ones. All in all, I am finding myself losing interest in this server due to the lack of viability of most builds in the endgame. Shield Thrower barbs are literally the only barbarian to make now. Multi explosive/frozen arrow amazons are the only thing to build, etc etc.
    Murder of Crows, despite how it looks, is not meant to clear waves of Inferno Cows. It will demolish any endgame boss though. The ravens are 90% of your damage with their crushing blow, but the MoC keeps you healthy. That's how it is designed. I did just about every end-game boss with little problems when testing this, yes. I am starting to wonder if YOU tested anything before posting this. Have you even tried the new sorceress with the way piercing works now? Especially cold a cold sorceress; and the new Whirlwind is MORE than viable. So many more builds are viable this patch, and if you bothered to read the bottom of the patch notes I said I am focusing on even more classes / specs in the next patch. Sorry if I am coming off as rude but I really do not like the way you went about making this post. I worked by myself on 3.2 for about 80 hours and for you to come on the forum and spit in my face is not really that fun.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Murder of Crows, despite how it looks, is not meant to clear waves of Inferno Cows. It will demolish any endgame boss though. The ravens are 90% of your damage with their crushing blow, but the MoC keeps you healthy. That's how it is designed. I did just about every end-game boss with little problems when testing this, yes. I am starting to wonder if YOU tested anything before posting this. Have you even tried the new sorceress with the way piercing works now? Especially cold a cold sorceress; and the new Whirlwind is MORE than viable. So many more builds are viable this patch, and if you bothered to read the bottom of the patch notes I said I am focusing on even more classes / specs in the next patch. Sorry if I am coming off as rude but I really do not like the way you went about making this post. I worked by myself on 3.2 for about 80 hours and for you to come on the forum and spit in my face is not really that fun.
    Wind druids vs inferno cows is a no-go. Melee druid vs inferno cows is a no go. Summoner druid, again a no go. That's the point I was trying to get at. I am currently using the new cold sorc and not having a lot of luck vs inferno's, but my gear is hella low. Maybe I came off too frustrated, so sorry about that. You're right about this patch having more viable builds, so good point and sorry for that too. I am realizing that my post was not constructive but more of a rage thread, which you don't deserve, especially with the amount of effort you put into keeping Diablo 2 alive for me, sorry. I will keep my posts more constructive from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Wind druids vs inferno cows is a no-go. Melee druid vs inferno cows is a no go. Summoner druid, again a no go. That's the point I was trying to get at. I am currently using the new cold sorc and not having a lot of luck vs inferno's, but my gear is hella low. Maybe I came off too frustrated, so sorry about that. You're right about this patch having more viable builds, so good point and sorry for that too. I am realizing that my post was not constructive but more of a rage thread, which you don't deserve, especially with the amount of effort you put into keeping Diablo 2 alive for me, sorry. I will keep my posts more constructive from here on out.

Thanks, sorry again if I came off as rude myself I just didn't expect to see anyone complaining so soon. Druids do have a tough time with large waves of monsters, but they should pick apart any single target boss with relative ease. I will look into adding a source of waveclear to a druid build soon, but there is much more endgame content than just inferno cows now!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

If you want aoe from a druid, consider trying a frostmourne with a druid prime charm. You get a sindragosa buffed up by %cold damage and cold mastery to help out with groups. (high damage to single targets as well) Admittedly, I havent tested this since I currently dont have a frostmourne. But now that it doesnt cause so much screen lag, this may be worth a try. Frostmourne also has high leech to help with survivability.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

mah bear drool can do easy inf cows

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

@rrra hehe that's a very sweet. Cold meele druid using the prime mastery. Very creative idea, love it.
    @Lampogriz Dream build bears surely rock solid as every other meele build with thunderfury . Massive hp and bps on top of looking bad ass.

I can say druid is surely not an easy task to work on, same as assa. But so far we got better crows, multi spirits, 200fcr nado bp with cow form, cold mastery and pounce, as well as AR buffs for shifters.

They did a lot already for druids, and now another buff to crows and improved new spell. You can even use cyclone armor in shifter from.

I mean even in vanilla druid had a kinda unique spot. Mostly dominating pvp, excentric fire or summon builds.
    I did not play this patch, but druid got a lot of changes so far. Don't worry, if it will not fit they will improve it more, I'm sure

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Thanks, sorry again if I came off as rude myself I just didn't expect to see anyone complaining so soon. Druids do have a tough time with large waves of monsters, but they should pick apart any single target boss with relative ease. I will look into adding a source of waveclear to a druid build soon, but there is much more endgame content than just inferno cows now!
    Putting myself in your shoes, I understand man. It is entirely on me and tbh I am surprised I let myself sound so arrogant, I really am sorry and I truly enjoy your efforts. So good shit man!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    mah bear drool can do easy inf cows
    Mauler by any chance?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    @rrra hehe that's a very sweet. Cold meele druid using the prime mastery. Very creative idea, love it.
    @Lampogriz Dream build bears surely rock solid as every other meele build with thunderfury . Massive hp and bps on top of looking bad ass.

I can say druid is surely not an easy task to work on, same as assa. But so far we got better crows, multi spirits, 200fcr nado bp with cow form, cold mastery and pounce, as well as AR buffs for shifters.

They did a lot already for druids, and now another buff to crows and improved new spell. You can even use cyclone armor in shifter from.

I mean even in vanilla druid had a kinda unique spot. Mostly dominating pvp, excentric fire or summon builds.
    I did not play this patch, but druid got a lot of changes so far. Don't worry, if it will not fit they will improve it more, I'm sure
    There's another two good ideas worth exploring.
    1. Im sure a wolf or bear with tfury+birthright would do lots of damage and could be made plenty tanky as a well.
    2. Here's another idea I had for someone with the time to look into it.

That is a fully synergized fireclaws at lvl 40. That is without fire enchants and melee splash damage. That is worth exploring, especially with the attack speed those guys get.

User Tag List