Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best starting class/spec for a newbie to Annihilus?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: FamilyWhale

Best starting class/spec for a newbie to Annihilus?

Hey, everyone

I'm looking for a good starting class/build that will allow me to rack up some gear so that I can later make a really powerful character. What is a good all-around farming class? I just do PvM and LOVE to MF.

If you don't mind, please list the skills that I should invest points into in order to level smoothly. <3

Thanks in advance!

Whale

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

I would recommend the Shield Throw Barbarian. His starting gear is pretty good and easy to find. I would recommend the Poison Necromancer, but you'll need the unique Plaguebringer dagger, and I don't know anyone he is offering that (I'm sure you might find someone though).

I could give you a Barbarian Torch and Abyss Sphere for some gold if you want.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: FamilyWhale

Hey, Vaudeville

Thanks for your response. Right on! Shield throw is a strong farmer huh? I hadn't thought of barbarian. I usually go pally or sorc, but I definitely want something entry level that I can gear as I go. I saw a bit about poison necro and it sounds really nice for starting out. Is that unique dagger reasonable to farm up if I play through all difficulties?

I don't have much gold yet, so I'm hoping to save it up. :P At least until I know what direction I'm going character-wise.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

The Plague bringer dagger is great, but you have to get it first from the Lich King at the Plaguelands, and he is very stingy about dropping that weapon nevermind pretty tough.

I recommended the shield barbarian only because I have stuff with him I can spare to be honest though that build is still ok all around. The Abyss Sphere for him would help you a lot.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: zoa86

my first class is necro summoner + enigma(or teleport armor if u is lucky), to level 80/85, it's easy clean cow level hell

20 points to following ----> skeleton mastery, raise skeleton,mage skeleton, corpse exp

1 to all summon
    1 to all curse

strategy:
    spam corpse exp and clean easy inferno cow and make easy all class

maybe you need good merch act 2 for coming summon

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

fo/blizz sorc
    summon dudu
    psn nec

Gold
    Annihilus Account: killzor45

summon/werebear druid is probably the easisest for solo tanking imo, its insanely strong too.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Depends on, what you wanna do at the start.

I would say something like this:

For Inferno farming (also hc possible): shieldthrow barb or summon druid.

For early boss killing (lk etc.): psn necro

For standart farming / key farming: some kind of orb/blizz sorc

For highrune/enchantfarming (cowfarming) Trapsin / any nec spec

This list only contains my personally experience with this chars. There may be allt more for the specific farming sections. One for sure: mavina bowzon/javazon work great for cows too, aswell as smiter is still great for singletarget damage. I wouldnt recomend them for the very beginning of a ladder tho, since they need are of very uniq use and/or need special starter gears. (Will take some time, to farm mavina set with a selfplayed bowzon :3)
    Last edited by Lucid; 06-21-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: zoa86

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Depends on, what you wanna do at the start.

I would say something like this:

For Inferno farming (also hc possible): shieldthrow barb or summon druid.

For early boss killing (lk etc.): psn necro

For standart farming / key farming: some kind of orb/blizz sorc

For highrune/enchantfarming (cowfarming) Trapsin / any nec spec

This list only contains my personally experience with this chars. There may be allt more for the specific farming sections. One for sure: mavina bowzon/javazon work great for cows too, aswell as smiter is still great for singletarget damage. I wouldnt recomend them for the very beginning of a ladder tho, since they need are of very uniq use and/or need special starter gears. (Will take some time, to farm mavina set with a selfplayed bowzon :3)
    you have link psn necro build and skill?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Quote Originally Posted by zoa86 View Post
    you have link psn necro build and skill?
    Yea, 20 pts in all psn skills of the pnb tree. 1 into ce ofc.
    1 into all curses except attract (confuse for meat shield, lower resist for immunes)
    1 golem mastery, 1 summon resist and the rest into clay golem (or revivals, if you like them more)

For the gear: grab full trang set for the start. Some dagger with +all or +nec skills. And fill up with whatever rings/ammys you have.

That already be enough to get into frozen throne and kill Lichking. This boy drops the BIS dagger (plaguebringer). Then try to farm cows or smth and get better rings ammys with +skills +%/-% psn like carrion wind rings or soj and atmas or maras amulet.

Enchant with +5% psn enchant and with psn facet.

For the very endgame, i cannot really help you. But @Lampogriz may (im interested in highendgear too tbh :P)

User Tag List