Thread: Which place has the highest world puzzle or marks drop?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: eagle

Which place has the highest world puzzle or marks drop?

So far I have done 1000+ runs on all bosses but no luck on world puzzles or marks yet, and I start to think maybe I’m not farming the right way and some bosses could have higher drop rate on certain items which I didn’t know, so I started this post to see where ppl have their puzzles dropped and to share some mf tips as well.
    I typically log on with 4chars and clear from a1 to a5 with roughly 20min per game.
    -Lite Zon <200mf(to kill dreamland bosses except eye)
    -orb sorc/cold druid <200mf(to clear every key and act bosses)
    -phy&expos necro <200mf(to clear cow, a3 pit, and a5 pits. This is where I got most of the goodies: wf, relic, titan grip etc. tele on monsters and summons kill them instantly and cast corpose expos. The idea is to kill them as fast as u can)
    -phy barb <400mf(to clear all end game bosses, and a1 pit to hork corpses)
    From those runs, higher mf (my magic barb has 1500+ mf with 93k+ dmg but kill slow)does yield higher unique drops like unique hydro bow, scard armor etc. but none of them turned out to be wf or tyrael might. Yet, my necro, often kill monsters instantly, with considerably low mf found a lot of goodies, so I think the time you spend to kill a monster is important. Thus, I found some bosses have higher drop rate on certain items than others.
    -Butcher in Time Rift (found few king jewels)
    -Right side rift in act3 (highest unique jewels drop, found 1 king jewels with 400mf phy barb)
    -Left side rift in act3 the guy that jumps to attack u(highest soj drops, found 4 sojs with phy barb)
    -Second pit in act 5, found few wf and reliec. None on first and third pit.
    -Act 1 pit horking corpses. In the good old time, horking corpses in act 1 pit was the best place to farm world puzzles and marks but I didnt even find one with 200+ runs with barb. Instead, I found it the best place to hunt for ber and jah runes.
    - cow as always is most reliable in finding blue organ, enchants, and hr(zod, tor).
    So basically those are what I come out with in the 1000+ runs I had. I have found boss marks, wf and other good stuff but just cant find any world puzzle or marks, but they cant be rare than the marks from act bosses, so I must be doing something wrong.
    So guys, where do u find your world puzzles and marks? any tips?
    Thanks,

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Dude i didnt find any world puzzle boxes since patch 4.0

Gold
    Annihilus Account: jurat

your not doing anything wrong. the drop rates are just really low right now especially since the find item nerf. found all my pboxes with item find or cache of ryleh last season. havent found a single one this ladder or found anything worth more than a deaths fervor or bane of underworld this ladder and ive pulled maybe 500 runs in the past month. just keep at it and eventually youll find one. also based on previous patch notes if it still applies here is that act end bosses drop pboxes and marks. (not the boss specific marks) so id just keep doing frag and key runs to get the boss specific ones and hope you can find one in the process.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Frag and key runs are the most boring content here for me, its not fun and never would be. I dont want to kill same easy bosses over and over and over like an idiot, there is more fun things like crucible, pits and inferno cows. I'd prefer to play around this content, because it have at least some randomization, so its pretty replayable.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    Dude i didnt find any world puzzle boxes since patch 4.0
    Haha, Lampo u must spent most of ur time on crucl with no time digging corpses for puzzles.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Scubapig

I have to put on a movie for frag runs. It is boring as hell without. I found my one map on frag duriel recently. Also a side note I am pretty tired of short circuit dropping from cthulu. Also is find item still working good?
    Last edited by DrekkenLarr; 05-12-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: jurat

you guys could be stuck where i was stuck doing pits and dl and not finding anything for 4 weeks straight just barely had a break yesterday and found deaths fervor and bane of underworld so that allowed me to at least kill 2 of the new bosses and lk. that got boring quick as hell especially because i had to load an enchantress and bo barb to do it easily. litterally watched my girl play her games while i was doing that. but yea the puzzle drops from doing boss runs and key runs kinda sucks. thats why we came here was because we were tired of doing endless cbaal runs and key runs. although getting the prime charms and torches should remain the same.

User Tag List