Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few questions about Annihilus

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

I've recently started playing hardcore. There are end game areas that can be farmed depending on your class. I'm using a shield throw barb (one of the awesome new skills) and have been able to farm nightmare Tristram monsters. It's a all about avoiding the center of the map and only pulling one at a time when possible. Shield throw can stun lock the mobs so the danger mostly come from approaching the monsters. If you target them and throw a shield as you run in you can stun them while you dodge their fire attacks. As I don't have a way of penetrating phys immune yet I just start a new game if I run into too many ghosts. I can stun them but can't damage them. You can use this method with a Smiter but it would be tedious and more dangerous as you can only stun lock one at a time. Shield throw will bounce between five targets.

For leveling I used cows. You can open the cow level without having to kill Baal in this mod. With decent aoe damage you can start killing them early but the optimal level to start normal cows is 25. You won't get much xp earlier than that because of your level difference from the cows. Shield throw on its own has enough damage at lvl 20 to farm cows even without a weapon

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

Hi and welcome,

just wanna say that if I gonna continue playing I will play HC only here, This being said, I would NOT recommend to start with HC here and instead exploring all SC first. There are a lot of new things and traps for HC players. New bosses, stuff that 1 shots you, areas that you can't use TP etc...

HC is a really true and fun challenge here and the player base will for sure grow, but the truth is, it could be a bit boring (few players) and frustrating (too hard or too many new things) for you to start with.

As for the community and help, there are a lot of super nice and friendly players here. Enjoy the server

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Hi and welcome,

just wanna say that if I gonna continue playing I will play HC only here, This being said, I would NOT recommend to start with HC here and instead exploring all SC first. There are a lot of new things and traps for HC players. New bosses, stuff that 1 shots you, areas that you can't use TP etc...

HC is a really true and fun challenge here and the player base will for sure grow, but the truth is, it could be a bit boring (few players) and frustrating (too hard or too many new things) for you to start with.

As for the community and help, there are a lot of super nice and friendly players here. Enjoy the server
    I completely agree. Getting a feel for the server on SC first will make your HC experience much more fun and a lot less frustrating

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SuperNeckBeard

Hi Qwazym, welcome!

Here is a video of Inferno Cows. There were over 50 characters loaded in this game!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Qwazym

Hey all, thanks for your input, this morning I ran through from arcane sanctuary in act2 to killing mephisto. so I'm now around level 35-40 (cant remember) in act4 normal!

so far it's been quite easy in hardcore except for following another player into tristram through the barricades, I remade lol... looks like most of the content is the same except for things that are quite obviously different (again barricades, or the portal in tavern in act2) which can't really be accidently mistaken for old content so I'll leave for a time when I can ask if ill survive or know and test myself.

I'll be on tonight 7pm Sydney time (4 and a half hours from now if that helps). about 7:45 if I go to the gym on the way home. So if anyone wants to run act4 and 5 with me (join not rush) then see you soon!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

Yea questing will be fine in HC, that's no big deal. Care for the new endgame content But I'm sure you will get a feeling for it if you play with others in HC.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Qwazym

So I have a few more questions after playing for a few days. these are more a "is it already possible"

1: Can the UI resolution be changed to match the in game resolution, so when you open your inventory and character screen etc they aren't 1/3 of it's half of the screen, or what it used to be which leaves a big blank un-clickable space.

2: Is it possible to die in spectator mode? I was about to run act5 normal and began spectating with an alt, I walked out of town from next to the character to begin clearing the act. (Note: When spectating the players HP shows as 1 hp). As I left the town I walked through a fire, after which the players hp showed as full for an instant and then dropped to well below half. I quickly ran back out of the fire and toward the town, switched to my other screen and stopped spectating. The alt's hp was about 1/8 full and he was standing with me outside the town. this was odd because he had no health regen so it should have either been 1 hp or full right? also when I stopped spectating the character should have been where I left him in town? I then instead set him to spectate someone who was already just outside the town with me and it seemed to work normally from there. Question is, would it have been possible to die while spectating or did it just seem like my character was walking along with us (for many reasons)

Sorry for no paragraph's in #2 , I'm at work and sick of formality

did have more questions, but forgot.. I'm sure ill remember as soon as I log in when I get home.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Yeah ive seen it happen that sometimes a spectator dies. Be carefull in hardcore with this!

User Tag List