Thread: few small suggestions

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

few small suggestions

1. Make critical strike and deadly strike into the same thing if they aren't already. The separate multipliers means that you need 100% of either to get to 100% instead of just adding them up.

2. Increase the spell range of decrepify. Even at level 10 with Korlics Honor its range is a mere 4 yards. That makes it basically unusable vs packs since you need to cast it like 5 times just to hit everything. Drastically increasing the range of curses in general would be a great QoL change unless curses draw monster aggro. In that case, just a small increase to the range of low-range spells like decrepify would be fine.

3. I suspect this is already happening, but touch up some of the classes/specs that were most effected by the monster HP increase. I don't have any direct experience to go off of here. But I have heard poison necro, cold sorc, light java, and light sorc mentioned as candidates for adjustment. I'm sure there are others out there as well. Assuming there weren't too many changes from last ladder, lightning fury, nova, poison maelstrom, and frozen orb should all be much weaker with the monster hp buff. Nova especially seems like its in a sad spot. It's like warcry with 1/4 of the damage and no stun.

Thanks in advance

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Icehammer

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    3. I suspect this is already happening, but touch up some of the classes/specs that were most effected by the monster HP increase. I don't have any direct experience to go off of here. But I have heard poison necro, cold sorc, light java, and light sorc mentioned as candidates for adjustment.
    Psn necro now sucks. With Xardas, we have tested a lot of stuff to make it great again as starter to farm DL/LK/TR but we could do nothing much than get a lot of psn pierce and with that, still taking a lot time and pattience kill Knarst or Mappo.
    I remember that in 4.2 was one of my favourite chars to use cuz it was easy to build and cheap too but now is only a decorative build that can support you in groupal games. Try to do LK or TR alone, but even with a almighty gear, it will takes a lot of time.
    Hope all the chars affected by the monster HP increase receives a bit buff too, at least.
    Last edited by Icehammer; 04-11-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

2) I'm iffy on that only just because I've heard there will be another Barbarian helmet and also there's the consideration that it should be easier to find the corrupted shako in the next patch which I assume will pretty make Korlic obsolete for all intensive purposes. I do support what you said though since that was the same experience I had early on in pits. It's pretty annoying to have the curse and have to constantly recast it over and over again with that helmet when dealing with mobs (and yes this was before obtaining the barbarian prime which again also defeat the purpose of having the helmet to some extent).

3) Also yes, I think some of those builds are getting adjustments real soon in addition to an additional item that will help them (lightning builds from what I heard). I think we'll have to wait further for other marks for cold and lightning builds to be just as viable to other builds that benefited from the items from marks and the black soulstone. Lastly, there's also the chance of getting sanctuary's balance in the next patch, so I wouldn't fret too much for those builds.

Poison builds, however, seemed to be screwed and not just against Mythic bosses. The poison length damage is just a real pisser (been that way as far as I'm concerned since the last ladder at least for the poison necromancer contrary to what everyone else says). So far as I've heard, these builds aren't even good when fully geared and chanted and even then how much you want to bet most players will just use another build? Not exactly a sign of endorsement.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-11-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Gold

Add the following

4) Increase the life of Decoys and Valkyrie more. They're still too weak. They don't need to be as strong as golems, but they should be strong enough to survive the plageulands if not pits as long as they're not ganged up on.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Tacc

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    Add the following

4) Increase the life of Decoys and Valkyrie more. They're still too weak. They don't need to be as strong as golems, but they should be strong enough to survive the plageulands if not pits as long as they're not ganged up on.
    Vakyrie's and decoys scale of your own hp/armor. I'm assuming you're referring to tankiness and not dmg. Valks wont be much help dmg wise in general just nice to stick there and live for as long as they do. If you get more base hp and armor they will survive long enough. They also dont really cost much my valks is 25mana and decoy 1mana. So its not the end of the world spawning another one in.

As for suggestions, I find it would be nice to have a box somewhere in the stats that shows how much mf you currently have for ias/frw/fcr and fhr.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

One other idea, I suspect our ww sins would appreciate it if the amp damage on striking on heart of the shadow were changed to a +skill like on skull of the unclean.

Gold

I meant in terms of tanking.

User Tag List