Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Melee Assassin - need input!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Melee Assassin - need input!

Hey fam,

i wanted to ask if there are people out there, playing a melee assassin? Or at least were there attempts to try it?

I know, assassin per se is pretty weak and probably way more overwhelming if shes played as trap with meetshields and as a glasscannon.
    But nontheless i was thinking really hard all the time how you could actually get her to work. And i dont think of a melee assassin as a one-button-kicker... Thats boring lol.

I was thinking about the real martial arts system, with loading up 2-3 charges and letting them out with a finisher.

Im just curious what weapons/gears you could use for that. If you take one of these overpowered swords (tf/fm/fh) you cant make use of your charger skills. And if you use claws, you wont get the elemental damage to anywhere near useable. Or am i wrong? Im pretty sure it would work if you switch from claw/claw to tf/shield to charge with claws and unleash a huge amount of damage with tf/shield slot but that seems to clunky and surely its not fun at all.

@Game maybe you can help me there a little? You must have had a idea of how you want us to play the martial arts tree. And when you tested it, what was your setup? I feel like im too blind to see any viable option here.

Also there is the thing that i only see one "finisher" in the whole skill tree - Dragon claw. My charges wont unleash with the flurry kick. I havent tested "Ambush" or "Dragon strike" yet, but they are also not classified as finishers...

i hope i get some inputs. I dont need exact gears or something. Just a few ideas what you guys think.

thanks so far

~Lucid

I have a few ideas in mind, but it is up to you guys to figure out what works best The potential is definitely there, while the elemental damage can be strong I recommend not focusing solely on it.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

ww sin with chaos +the new claw is pretty strong. Jack of all trades buffs all the +elemental damage on the new claw by a ton.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

New claw? Is it in the wiki yet? I have seen only tricksters and firelizards there.

and thx rrra for the ww sin input. But like i said, i wanted to try a martial arts sin like it was meant to be played. Not focussing on a single skill like ww or kick. I wanted to try to make a working base of a martial arts sin, that really has this "dps rotation".

I dont see a way yet. Maybe this comes with skill and gearscaling

Gold

http://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php?...Death-Assassin
    That's the new claw. It makes several of the builds you are thinking of decent when paired with a nats set. With higher level gear, you could do even better.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    ww sin with chaos +the new claw is pretty strong. Jack of all trades buffs all the +elemental damage on the new claw by a ton.
    I wanna know the exact ww sin build, please

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

All I played was trapsin and hybrid win and ghost sin on reg bnet. I'm currently testing gear combos to make a hybrid ww sin work. Main issue is AR ATM.

Gold

I dont recall the exact build, but I remember parts of it: Chaos and Touch of death claws, crown of the skeleton king, lich boots, sanc armor, steelrend. I don't recall the rest. Max venom, claw mastery, jack of all trades at least. I know some people basically treat it as a ghost and maxed fade for the damage reduction with the rest going into shadow +jack of all trades synergy. You could also max blade shield +shuriken flip for the extra blade shield damage. Experiment with it.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

The above is similar to what I have been testing.

I was thinking of doing more of a hybrid than a pure ww sin. Faster kill speed overall.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

Well...something really interesting happend yesterday with the sin(currently 96 lvl),.... Skill points distribution: jack max, claw mastery max, venom max, cobra strike max and some other points to shadow etc. I was making 99 k dmg. At the moment of the reset and build i was 95 lvl. When i get to lvl 96 i decided to put that skill point to blades of ice and then boom - 20 k dmg. WTFFFF.....

User Tag List