PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ....\includes\class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 92
Map drop is too low

Thread: Map drop is too low

Wiki Moderator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: DAX

Map drop is too low

Hey there,

I've been playing a lot. Not "'Hardcore player" a lot, but at least 12 hours a week. I work on a regular 40hours/week schedule...

I really like annihilus server, the end game content and the items are really nice.

The problem is : I've been playing enough to pass through the crucible alone with my roommate since we played a lot (by our standards), and we never _NEVER! dropped a single map, not a single Tyrael key, Trag'oul or the puzzle map box....

I've been told that I should use find object on plagueland... but this is ridiculous... So much play time and not even a single drop, on this ladder AND on the previous one....

Please balance the drop rate, between the "find object" drop and the regular drop.

Also, the Blue Organ drop rates have been lowered too much. It would be nice to raise it a bit.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

I run an IK barb with a Highlord ammy, 2 constricting bands, and a Bulwark shield. I can vouch for finding plenty of puzzleboxes using find item in PL and outside Cthulhu's map.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Maps will probably never drop from initial mob kills. However, they drops if you use find item skill on corpse. Not all know it (espscially new players), because if you read patch notes it says maps can drop from any monster, but it's most likely a lies.
    Best place to find map is using find item skill on inferno mobs - ryleh, inferno portals, tristram, dl, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    Maps will probably never drop from initial mob kills. However, they drops if you use find item skill on corpse. Not all know it (espscially new players), because if you read patch notes it says maps can drop from any monster, but it's most likely a lies.
    Best place to find map is using find item skill on inferno mobs - ryleh, inferno portals, tristram, dl, etc.
    It is not a lie. Why would I lie about something like that? No real point in spreading false information. It can drop from under a loose rock in the blood moor.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    It is not a lie. Why would I lie about something like that? No real point in spreading false information. It can drop from under a loose rock in the blood moor.
    While I trust that there is a chance for them to drop on kill, what the OP is saying does hold water. I don't pretend to know why but it does seem that the chance for maps to drop from the Find Item skill is way higher than from on kill loot drops. I've found many maps using Find Item (even on hell cows). I've never had one drop on kill. We're talking thousands upon thousands of runs and not one has dropped. I don't see this as a problem because I farm primarily with a Barb but I can understand the frustration of players who use other classes.

I've only been playing on Annihilus since after the 4.0 patch was released—so, I don't know if the drop rates were better before—but from my point of view the drop rates seem to be fine. So far I've found about 3 maps from monster kills (2x Trag'Oul, 1x Key), and about 8 from item find. I'm not sure how much magic find impacts the chances of item finding a map, but my barbarian has around 800 MF, whereas my main character only had about 200 when I found the other 3 (about 10 of the maps were found inside of inferno cows by the way).

Blue organs seem to have a decent drop rate as well; they've dropped pretty consistently for me in high player games (10+). I've even found a few from random monsters such as fallen out in the Blood Moor while playing alone.

One thing I do wonder about though is: are the chances of getting certain boss items all the same? Out of all of the times that I've gotten to kill Ctoggha/Trag'Oul, I've found: 6 Warmongers, 1 Helmet, 1 Sanctuary's Balance; 7 Lightsabres, 1 Corrupt SS, 0 Corrupt Shako.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

farm lvl 18 for blue boxes
    Quote Originally Posted by nooV View Post
    these guys refuse to play on the chars they signed up
    tweak rules to their favor
    what happens in this case do they get disqualified?

dont feed the gators

User Tag List