Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Event Ladder System for 4.2!

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Event Ladder System for 4.2!

Just a quick announcement. We will be introducing a Event Ladder System Rank for 4.2. The link is here.

Event Ladder System

We will be doing a point system for all events. At the end of every month, the person or clan with the most points will get 6000 gold. The Event Ladder will reset every month. If you're in a clan, your leader will decide how to disperse the gold fairly. Anyone who places in any events, will automatically be on the Event Ladder System. If they are in the clan, it will display their clan. If they are not in a clan, it will simply display their Annihilus Forum Account. People who are in a clan, will have a higher chance at being top ranked in the Event Ladder.

How it works:

If a person wins 1st in an event, they will receive 2 points.

If a person wins gold in an event, they will receive 1 point.

If a clan sweeps the entire event, the clan will be awarded 1 bonus point.

Wager Point System:

Wager Points are only for clans. You may wager points against a clan that's higher up on the ladder rank then your clan. You may not wager against a clan who's lower then you on the ladder rank.

You must have at least 3-5 points to wager against another clan. The winner of the duels gets all the points wagered.

Wagering Points are only allowed on D2PK Server, and it has to be at least a 2v2 and can go up to a 4v4
    Last edited by Lockzilla; 12-24-2016 at 09:26 PM.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Pulse37

is this for all events? i like the point system, but some things might be a bit unfair. For example whoever can actually attend the events has a better chance of getting more points (there's been many events that occur at 1 or 2 in the morning EU time and vise versa which is much to late).
    Also surely the biggest clan will have the higher chance of winning? ( Like a 10 person LLD, 9 of those people are in the same clan...)

Gold
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Yes this will be for all events. We will try to have equal chances for both EU times and US. Its hard to do this without people actually volunteering their time. We do the best we can! And yes, the people with the clans will have a better chance @ getting more points. So I suggest forming a clan and practice doing events !
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

Yes, people that actually compete in events have a better chance of winning. That's just the nature of things. What you can do to even the odds is apply for a position as an event coordinator and host events in your time zone, if you are able to get enough people interested.
    Bigger clans do have a better chance at taking more top spots. But you're looking at this incorrectly. These aren't team events, so it's individuals competing. You can't penalize a clan for having more members. Solution: Form or join a bigger clan.
    Last edited by Brimstonejack; 12-09-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Gold
    View Channel: scottyruns
    Annihilus Account: Mana

I applaud you for what you're doing Wayne but this seems like a get rich quick scheme. Don't get me wrong, more power to the clans that have more people... that's just it. No one else wants to join clans.

Enjoy the ladder guys, great concept.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

Cool idea

Would be fun to diversify events and have more of them.

Scavenger hunts, boxing matches (lvl barbs to lvl 9, no weapons or shields allowed, punch to the death ladder event)

Etc.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Pulse37

so let me get this clear, will people still be winning gold for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd in an event, with the gold then being distrubuted shortly after? Or is it just 5k gold at the end of the month?

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I applaud you for what you're doing Wayne but this seems like a get rich quick scheme. Don't get me wrong, more power to the clans that have more people... that's just it. No one else wants to join clans.

Enjoy the ladder guys, great concept.
    5k a month from events that already have payouts of 40-48k a month (2 events per week, 5-6k payouts each event), distributed among several clan members, is a get-rich-quick scheme? I just see this as added incentive to actually compete in events and get clan members to compete, as well.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by pulse37 View Post
    so let me get this clear, will people still be winning gold for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd in an event, with the gold then being distrubuted shortly after? Or is it just 5k gold at the end of the month?
    They will still win gold for winning/placing in events. Hence the line "If a person wins gold in an event, they will receive 1 point."

Gold
    View Channel: scottyruns
    Annihilus Account: Mana

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    5k a month from events that already have payouts of 40-48k a month (2 events per week, 5-6k payouts each event), distributed among several clan members, is a get-rich-quick scheme? I just see this as added incentive to actually compete in events and get clan members to compete, as well.
    To each their own. Not mocking the idea at all.

User Tag List