Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does Amp Magic from divinity gloves do?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

What does Amp Magic from divinity gloves do?

I was testing these gloves out with a veng pally, and they seemed to have 0 effect on my damage. With or without them on I 5 hit inferno mobs, do they not really do that much or does veng simply not do that much magic dmg? TF build btw.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Amplify magic gives magic pierce according to the level of the aura. Lvl 15 aura=-15% enemy magic resistance. So basically it gives 1-1.5 magic horadric jewels worth of magic pierce.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

amplify magic aura, does reduce the magic resist of the monsters.

I have no detailed information about how much. Maybe its just -1% per aura level.

Also, if you play tf vengeance paladin youre lightning damage is superior and the magical part is only a third or quarter. Even less if you havent skilled the vengeance' magic damage synergies (BH).

Still, divinity gloves are a very good choice for vengeance paladin no matter if light or magic.

OH and since its an aura/curse, its maybe only on 20% effective on immunes. That means -3% magic pierce on magic immune monsters with a perfect aura. Thats not much :P

Gold

hmm, ok. With that in mind, is BH even worth taking to improve the magic portion of veng dmg. Alternatively I could spend those points as hard points in res fire/light/cold to get those max res higher.

Gold

Its better to skip blessed hammer and put them in something more useful imo

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    Its better to skip blessed hammer and put them in something more useful imo
    So how does Max Veng/FoH.

1 Point Conviction/Holy Shield/Defiance/Salvation

Rest in resist fire/light/cold for max ress.

Would that be the ideal way to go? Would there be any element more ideal to focus on maxing first?

Gold

That seems fine. You may want to max out resist lightning if you are using corrupted stormshield/neph. I also like Sleezy's adaption of maxing prayer and using bane of the underworld with 1 pt cleansing.
    Last edited by rrra; 01-13-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

you dont need css and nephalem ammy as veng/foh.

ive tried that it didnt do much more damage. Veng seems to work like charged strike of amazon. The casterpart of the attack always hit, but the melee hit is pretty slow and is based on AR. That way you will barely hit bosses and the extra lightning damage from holy shock isnt really worth it in my opinion.

Ive then tried playing with leorics folly, veng/foh and diablo amu (mostly for 5% maxres). Ive maxed out my res, got 5,5k life and around 80k FoH damage. Havent skilled blessed hammer ofcourse, since i went full lightning with TF.

Its pretty nice to play if the skellies tank and you shoot at the monsters/bosses from far behind with Foh. It does surprisingly well damage but ofcourse there are classes/builds out there with more damage, thinking of wwsin / nadodruid / FH melee druid.

Gold

Hmm, I'm looking to stick as a melee really just because it's where I like to be. I could consider the bane of the underworld play though as regen does seem to be an issue for me atm... I'll need to compare for myself how much dmg I'd lose dropping the lightning aura.

/e

Hot damn, I just saw ure druid in action. I wanna make me one of those now haha XD.
    Last edited by Fitsu; 01-13-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Hmm, I'm looking to stick as a melee really just because it's where I like to be. I could consider the bane of the underworld play though as regen does seem to be an issue for me atm... I'll need to compare for myself how much dmg I'd lose dropping the lightning aura.

/e

Hot damn, I just saw ure druid in action. I wanna make me one of those now haha XD.
    Druids are a bit strong right now, they will be changed a little in the upcoming 5.0 patch Vengeance Paladin in my opinion is in a good spot, if you enjoy it I would tinker with builds until you find one you like for it!

User Tag List