I want to share an idea I've had, now I know I've had some crazy opinions about Necro recently and after a lot of gameplay I see my worries were unfounded.

The suggestion I have is very minor and serves as a convenience for any type of Necro, regarding the Abyss charm and Iron Golem in consideration of recent patch updates.

Hope you enjoy the read.

1) My thinking is that having a 1 skill point item for Iron Golem (Abyss seems the most suitable) would allow a Necro to reset skills without the currently summoned Iron Golem dying and its sacrificed item being lost. I don't believe it would change the fact the golem will be lost if the Necro dies, and that is understandable.

Every type of Necromancer can seriously benefit from a 125% phys/magic immune Iron Golem, but currently if you decide to use an expensive item on the golem you must make a conscious decision to never reset your skills/stats or the item is lost because the golem dies, this could be irritating to some people who suddenly need more strength for a new item or want to try a new build.

2) Instead of extra Bone Spear projectiles I believe a couple other mechanics should be considered, as I said in light of the updates. A few options to consider are small benefits for Golems and Revives or CTC Diablo Prison when struck -- things that can be used in every build.

This is due to the fact Bone is a mechanic that the vast majority of Necro builds are ignoring in favor of Poison or simply because they're summoners and prefer to stay in Lich form. I understand changing this mechanic might make Bone even less attractive, but every other Abyss charm has a benefit that can be utilized by all of its builds.