Thread: Tips for Future HC players. Also, my 87 bowa rip'd via Server Lagg :(

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

Post Tips for Future HC players. Also, my 87 bowa rip'd via Server Lagg :(

I am not too sure what could be causing the game server to lagg spike out of nowhere, but my 87 bowa has been nuked due to it. Firstly, we all know the game server has it's issues, to the point of dropping entirely. I've adapted to this, believe me when I tell you I have. I play extremely safe and always run my screen in the highest resolution so I can simply shoot enemies off screen. I expect lag spikes to happen randomly and have been for obviously the past 87 levels on my bowa and that's how I've been able to survive. I run a full-belt of rejuvs no matter what. There's times that I've been wacked with a lagg spike and gone down to half life and been able to survive due to having rejuvs.

I lost a lot of gear that took me many grueling hours to accumulate. Including the MF charms I saved gold for a very long time to get. I've helped out all the hardcore players I've come across so far (even though there's very few of us unfortunately) including the one and only LocKziLLa lol. Now the fact is, I was killed because of an issue that is well out of my hands and that's the server's netcode (is my guess.) The same issues happen on softcore as well, so the issues aren't just on HC.

Simplified tips for future HC players:

-Run the game in the biggest resolution possible.
    -Always have a belt full of rejuvs.
    -Stay away from almost all endgame content unless you're geared to the teeth.
    -Always have a merc with you. Act 3 lightning merc has static field. (helped me a lot)
    -Expect lag. Until we can all figure out what is causing the server lag, always be prepared.
    -Use a class and build that you know you're comfortable and confident in.
    -Stack Faster Run/Walk charms. I can not tell you how important it is for you to have these. There has been times where the game has lagged, and I've clicked away and been able to survive because I can simply avoid the damage during the lagg.

There's probably more but these at least have kept me alive.

Ironically, this is the first time I've ever received a lag spike in the Catacombs. Which is why I've been running it so often. I opened up the door to kill andariel, game lagged and I was killed by zombies, (that i've killed hundreds of times before) right inside the door.

@Game Snowish told me to post here, so I am. Figured I would make it constructive. He also told me it's important to have a screen shot with proof and the time/date...thankfully I took the screen shot.

http://imgur.com/a/zp42f
    Last edited by Lockzilla; 03-09-2017 at 11:07 AM.

User Tag List