Thread: Game Character limit

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Game Character limit

I really like the idea of limiting the amount of characters a single person can use at a time to boost the drop rates.

I have heard the current 4 character limit is temporary, is that true?

If it's temporary, I would like to suggest keeping it at 4, or perhaps increasing it to 8 characters.

I don't think people with faster computers should have a way to boost MF drop rates, that being said I think the current limit of 4 is a good idea, and if you would remove it later I suggest only increasing the limit to 8.

Although MF does not change boss drops, people will definitely be doing it for inferno cows or inferno pits.

Spectator XP was removed, isn't allowing unlimited alts in a game basically the same thing but for MF, or leveling your alts by moving them around in other tabs?

What do you think?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: fropg1

As far as I know, it is temporarily at 4, and will be moved back to 8. I could be wrong on this though.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: HateSymbol

I think you need a better argument as to why people should be limited to the amount of characters they can put in a game other than "Their PC is better than mine." I'd focus more on the issue of how well the server can handle the load. For instance, how would it affect everyone else if, for example, five people had 8 toons each in their own games. Would this decrease performance for everyone else connection-wise across the board? Or do these idlers have less impact on the server as opposed to one who is running?

User Tag List