View Poll Results: Do you think the Subscriber feature should be added?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, add the Subscriber feature.

24 72.73%
  • No, do not add the Subscriber feature.

9 27.27%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Adding Subscribers and Perks, Patch 5.1 Information

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I'm just waiting for the patch. Maybe this "Subscriber" this was an answer to me complaining about how much ive spent over the years with no added benefit. I'm pretty sure I'm somewhere between 3k-7k USD on annihilus alone. This should've been implemented a long time ago.
    Love you, thanks for your wonderful support over the years! You're one of the people that has motivated me to have Annihilus on version 5.0 instead of 2.x or something!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: tears

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post
    Setting gold to 0 accomplishes nothing permanent. All it does is delay things slightly. Someone could just donate for 100k gold afterwards and control the economy.

Setting gold to zero will not happen.
    Nobody is saying that gold has to be set to 0, HOWEVER tradeable gold should be something separate and yes it should be set at 0 since it is the introduction of a completely different way of trading.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: bonnell21

TBH ..if u think u can make this work out alex go at it... you always do good on content i dont think this will be anything u havent workd out in your head alredy keep up the good work

Gold
    Annihilus Account: RevanDarth

You will loose part of the community with this Alex, if you ask me you should come up with another way. But hey do it your way.. We had enough of Mephisto having head start in everything. Thats a fact.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post
    Setting gold to 0 accomplishes nothing permanent. All it does is delay things slightly. Someone could just donate for 100k gold afterwards and control the economy.

Setting gold to zero will not happen.
    I wish I could disagree and pretend that my opinion along with almost everyone elses who has posted here is 100% correct (I think we brought up some pretty valid points still) but honestly youre pretty right. I guess this is just the natural flow of things when you have a p2w element in a game. I personally am ok with p2w because im ok with people being richer than me, I'd just hate to see the community get smaller and everyone suffer which is why I posted my thoughts earlier. If you think about it people can already just buy the things they need if they have the cash and someone is offering the item and the people who play still stick around despite mephisto having his way with the market, so maybe we are all just freaking out about stupid crap instead of just enjoying the game. Plus at the end of the day encouraging gold purchases helps us here alot more than some other game that has millions of players and where your money doesnt necessarily help keep the game on a progressive path.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanDarth View Post
    You will loose part of the community with this Alex, if you ask me you should come up with another way. But hey do it your way.. We had enough of Mephisto having head start in everything. Thats a fact.
    Part of me still agrees with this, but realistically none of us are really providing a better way to both A.) increase reliable revenue and B.) solve the underlying problem. We are just providing a bit of insight that will ultimately just delay the inevitable domination of the economy by rich people and potentially piss them off when they are the ones spending alot of money, or encouraging others to spend it, to get to that point.

I hate to have to really go back on my opinion tbh but thats the reality of our situation until someone provides a legitimate fix that alex will accept and impliment.
    Last edited by Bloop; 04-01-2017 at 02:39 AM.

Gold

Legitimate fix would mean that everybody gets same start, if you ask me, there must be a way to implement another currency, the thing is its not our job to give fixes to something, we can just find a problem and report it, Alex should find a way to make this fair to everyone.

Legitimate fix would mean that everybody gets same start, if you ask me, there must be a way to implement another currency, the thing is its not our job to give fixes to something, we can just find a problem and report it, Alex should find a way to make this fair to everyone.
    A new currency is super buggy, that is why I removed the Platinum idea, I could not get it to take it how I wanted it. One possible solution would be to make the platinum unspendable but tradeable until a player converts it to Gold. Once it becomes Gold, it is no longer tradeable. This is so sloppy though, so I ditched the idea.

Gold

Why not making it so you can convert gold to platinum, like 10-20 gold makes 1 platinum and vice versa. That way rich boys can choose if they want to keep their 5 figure numbers for hadriel or to be able to trade and have 10-20x less.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

Why not making it so you can convert gold to platinum, like 10-20 gold makes 1 platinum and vice versa. That way rich boys can choose if they want to keep their 5 figure numbers for hadriel or to be able to trade and have 10-20x less.
    wouldnt that effectively make it so only people as rich as mephisto would be able to convert their gold to platinum and still be able to buy whatever they want? I personally wouldnt be able to buy anything worthwhile for a very long time :P but then again it WOULD drain their available funds eventually unless they could profit enough to sustain the conversion penalty.

I feel like if anything keeping gold untradable while still implementing the other subscription features would be the best way to go. Even though i would really like to be able to sell items for gold more easily so I can get some gold stockpiled haha. But either way Ill manage and so will you guys.
    Last edited by Bloop; 04-01-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Gold

The thing is it would be unfair to take their gold and adding subscriptions would help server a lot, and many other games have multiple currencies too so why couldnt it be implemented here. Imo the new currency must be convertible. I know its upseting to many players and many of them will leave server if gold becomes tradeable and guys that have been collecting it get another head start. It just seems this server is going along Mephisto's favor. Maybe its a coincidence but hardly.

User Tag List