View Poll Results: Do you think the Subscriber feature should be added?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, add the Subscriber feature.

24 72.73%
  • No, do not add the Subscriber feature.

9 27.27%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Adding Subscribers and Perks, Patch 5.1 Information

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

Quote Originally Posted by RevanDarth View Post
    The thing is it would be unfair to take their gold and adding subscriptions would help server a lot, and many other games have multiple currencies too so why couldnt it be implemented here. Imo the new currency must be convertible. I know its upseting to many players and many of them will leave server if gold becomes tradeable and guys that have been collecting it get another head start. It just seems this server is going along Mephisto's favor. Maybe its a coincidence but hardly.
    I think mephisto is just good at stockpiling gold. I dont really think alex makes decisions to benefit him on purpose :P If he did I think he would just make hadriel offer better items haha. And honestly I've known andy for many years, if that was going on he wouldnt want to be a part of this because he has integrity. On a different note im supposedly going to be working under you as an event manager so let me know how i can help

Gold
    Annihilus Account: RevanDarth

Ohh thats nice to know, just come to Discord so we can discuss easily :P

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

I think that supporting the server is a novel idea, but tradeable gold should be started with a clean slate as a separate entity from in game gold used only for forum trades like d2jsp. This would level the playing field allowing everyone to have a fair chance to start from scratch: rewarding those who have been subscribers for years rather than putting one individual ahead of everyone else because they have stockpiled in game gold. Everyone subscribed gets their 2k gold a month for forum trades and nothing more than that. No ability to purchase it. Allow individuals to continue purchasing in game gold I'd they would like. The perks of being a subscriber alone should be enough incentive to become one, not the allure of satisfying the temptation of greed and gluttony. If you allow in game gold to be tradeable, all you are doing is putting ONE individual in complete control of the economy and a huge chunk of players will quit and move on to greener pastures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
    wouldnt that effectively make it so only people as rich as mephisto would be able to convert their gold to platinum and still be able to buy whatever they want? I personally wouldnt be able to buy anything worthwhile for a very long time :P but then again it WOULD drain their available funds eventually unless they could profit enough to sustain the conversion penalty.

I feel like if anything keeping gold untradable while still implementing the other subscription features would be the best way to go. Even though i would really like to be able to sell items for gold more easily so I can get some gold stockpiled haha. But either way Ill manage and so will you guys.
    This is the route I am going to go. I grow tired of people feeling like threatening to quit the server is some huge weapon they have over of my head. Obviously I do not want people to quit my server but hearing it as a threat over and over is boring and I am just sick of hearing it. I truly thought doing this would benefit everyone in the long run, but all anyone can see is Mephisto and for some reason just because he literally never spends Gold and is better at the economic game than most seem to be I am automatically giving him massive favoritism somehow, and literally every decision I make about the server is exclusively to make sure Mephisto benefits, if he doesn't gain something from it I absolutely cannot include it in the patch. That is all I think about anytime and everytime I update Annihilus. Because that is obviously the ONLY explanation, it definitely cannot be that they cannot stand the fact he has so much Gold and they don't, even though every single person started with 0 Gold when they began Annihilus, and the same access to EVERYTHING in the game. This cannot be right! Surely Mephisto is cheating or has some sort of secret backing by the higher ups that is me and Acyroma, there is no other reason why he could possibly have more Gold than anyone else!

I am sick to death of these ridiculous accusations, I know I shouldn't let things I know are obviously false get to me, but seeing all of these people (including my own staff of all people) talk about these false accusations as if they are cold hard facts just makes me want to drop the whole thing.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Your attitude really just rubs me the wrong way. I have no "prize puppy" the rules apply to everyone. I am so tired of people acting like I treat Joe any differently, I hardly talk to him and I've had to turn down things for him just like I did lukifer. If Lukifer had an issue that was related to the fault of the server you can bet I would help him in a heartbeat, I really like the guy and would do anything I could for him.

However if I did what your post said and picked who I could trust to bend the rules for and restore a character based on their word then that would make me into the hypocrite you're claiming I am now and that would be "picking favorites". Don't talk down to me about this when what you're saying is flat out contradictory. Naturally you will laugh off everything I said and continue to assume you're right and I am wrong as that is how the human brain works, but seriously sit down and think about everything I just said. Sorry, someone had to say it.

P.S. I am glad you are excited for the new content.
    You are right i shouldn't have insinuated that you treat anyone differently, you seem to have a strong sense of integrity when it comes to this game. Although i might not agree with what happened to luke, those are the rules and i respect that

All i know is that you let someone farm diablo soulstones on a previous season (when you only needed 9 keys to get anni vs 54) so that he could sell annis on this season for 2500 a pop (community already pissed) then rules get changed and he can now use that gold he obtained from what a majority of players beleive to be bad manners/exploit.

All people want is to have a fair start.

Quote Originally Posted by sleezy2 View Post
    You are right i shouldn't have insinuated that you treat anyone differently, you seem to have a strong sense of integrity when it comes to this game. Although i might not agree with what happened to luke, those are the rules and i respect that

All i know is that you let someone farm diablo soulstones on a previous season (when you only needed 9 keys to get anni vs 54) so that he could sell annis on this season for 2500 a pop (community already pissed) then rules get changed and he can now use that gold he obtained from what a majority of players beleive to be bad manners/exploit.

Joe had 300,000 Gold before he ever sold an anni for Gold, and from what I can recall he didn't even sell that many for Gold, mostly items. Also I specifically said in public several times Diablo's Soulstone will still be the Diablo Clone item, I didn't PM Joe and be like hey man be sure you stock up on Diablo's Soulstones! After he seen me post this on the forum or discord, I cannot remember which, he asked me if Diablo Clone worked like on vanilla servers and if he'd get banned. I said no, it has always been like that, why change it now? I would have said the same thing if ANYONE asked me, because that is simply the truth. If you name a single thing Joe did that gave him the upper hand on you or anyone else, I will admit you're right. That will be pretty hard for you, however. The only thing you can say is you were not aware of how Diablo Clone worked, which isn't Joe's or anyone else's fault but the people who lack knowledge of a mechanic that has been in the game for 15 years. If you thought you knew but were unsure, you could have asked me all the same, just like Joe did. Unfortunately lacking knowledge compared to someone else doesn't make them a cheater, or we'd all be cheaters in some shape or form.

Gold

This is the route I am going to go. I grow tired of people feeling like threatening to quit the server is some huge weapon they have over of my head. Obviously I do not want people to quit my server but hearing it as a threat over and over is boring and I am just sick of hearing it. I truly thought doing this would benefit everyone in the long run, but all anyone can see is Mephisto and for some reason just because he literally never spends Gold and is better at the economic game than most seem to be I am automatically giving him massive favoritism somehow, and literally every decision I make about the server is exclusively to make sure Mephisto benefits, if he doesn't gain something from it I absolutely cannot include it in the patch. That is all I think about anytime and everytime I update Annihilus. Because that is obviously the ONLY explanation, it definitely cannot be that they cannot stand the fact he has so much Gold and they don't, even though every single person started with 0 Gold when they began Annihilus, and the same access to EVERYTHING in the game. This cannot be right! Surely Mephisto is cheating or has some sort of secret backing by the higher ups that is me and Acyroma, there is no other reason why he could possibly have more Gold than anyone else!

I am sick to death of these ridiculous accusations, I know I shouldn't let things I know are obviously false get to me, but seeing all of these people (including my own staff of all people) talk about these false accusations as if they are cold hard facts just makes me want to drop the whole thing.
    Don't get me wrong here, I love the community and the amazing work you and your team have done on the server. Bloop kind of hit the nail on the head in my opinion. Allowing everyone to start from scratch with subscriber gold that can only be used for forum trades honestly feels like the right thing to do. Keep the in game gold a separate entity from subscriber gold. Give subscribers decent perks that convince them to pay their $15 a month. Make it worthwhile. Also...I'd suggest starting a new poll and allowing us to see who voted yes/no. Anyone can easily make multiple accounts and vote yes. I understand that the idea is to support the server, but what happens when you lose more than half your player base? What's left?

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    Don't get me wrong here, I love the community and the amazing work you and your team have done on the server. Bloop kind of hit the nail on the head in my opinion. Allowing everyone to start from scratch with subscriber gold that can only be used for forum trades honestly feels like the right thing to do. Keep the in game gold a separate entity from subscriber gold. Give subscribers decent perks that convince them to pay their $15 a month. Make it worthwhile. Also...I'd suggest starting a new poll and allowing us to see who voted yes/no. Anyone can easily make multiple accounts and vote yes. I understand that the idea is to support the server, but what happens when you lose more than half your player base? What's left?
    I no longer have interest in carrying on this subject, I will not make another thread. Ah there it is again, the threat everyone will quit if I don't do exactly what they say, democracy at its finest.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sleezy2 View Post

This. What he did was take advantage of an exploit. Ladder seasons are supposed to be about starting anew and everyone getting a fair chance.

Gold

Joe had 300,000 Gold before he ever sold an anni for Gold, and from what I can recall he didn't even sell that many for Gold, mostly items. Also I specifically said in public several times Diablo's Soulstone will still be the Diablo Clone item, I didn't PM Joe and be like hey man be sure you stock up on Diablo's Soulstones! After he seen me post this on the forum or discord, I cannot remember which, he asked me if Diablo Clone worked like on vanilla servers and if he'd get banned. I said no, it has always been like that, why change it now? I would have said the same thing if ANYONE asked me, because that is simply the truth. If you name a single thing Joe did that gave him the upper hand on you or anyone else, I will admit you're right. That will be pretty hard for you, however. The only thing you can say is you were not aware of how Diablo Clone worked, which isn't Joe's or anyone else's fault but the people who lack knowledge of a mechanic that has been in the game for 15 years. If you thought you knew but were unsure, you could have asked me all the same, just like Joe did. Unfortunately lacking knowledge compared to someone else doesn't make them a cheater, or we'd all be cheaters in some shape or form.
    No you didn't pm him. However, one of the mods in your community has a screen shot of a conversation before the ladder reset hit (which a fairly large chunk of your player base has already seen) of another mod caught in a complete and utter lie planning to stockpile annis with Mephisto using the exploit. Why wasn't this brought to your attention before the ladder reset? How is this kind of behavior from individuals YOU have entrusted to do the right thing when you aren't around acceptable? Hmmm? It's an exploit. Plain and simple. What I said wasn't a threat. It's just a fact.

User Tag List