Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mephisto's Gold has been reset.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpvp View Post
    I'll tell you the same as I told others Bloop, it was my first week or two when I was told this, at the end of last ladder. These were also people that helped me. I trusted them, and it was proven false. I'm pissed that I was lied to. And vav kept asking for the screenshot so I sent it. And sure, there's a difference between mods and admins here, but as a general rule staff is usually to be trusted but when a staff member lies about something it's kind of an issue in my book. Not saying he's the one who told me it wouldn't work, but he did flat out lie about not knowing about it.
    Id be pissed if I was lied to as well. I think anyone can relate to that. If this staff member thing works out you can definitely bet I will be pushing for the staff to be held to a ridiculously high standard. It's one of the reasons I applied in the first place. As of right now we all just have to accept that mephisto is rich as fuck and have some fun you feel me?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: RevanDarth

Bloop is right in every way, Alex said gold wont be tradeable, what happened with anni's wont happen again, its time to move on and have some fun. Can't wait for the new patch to come, wanna make a crazy Chaos rw. So guys just so you know, everything Alex did was for the community, i dont see a point in arguing over things that are already done. Its a game, someone has to be on top!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwNy...721&height=543

There's the SS. Two of your admins were in on it and the 2nd lied about even knowing about it after Revan said, "I think it was you who told us that it couldn't"

@Game

Regardless of whether the agenda is there or not it seems to be there if you look at it on an outside perspective.

EDIT: Pinged Vav
    Oh hey look! Honesty. Imagine that. And you did in fact ban me from discord. The problem here isn't the amount of gold that Joe has amassed, it's the method for which he did so. Just because something is part of a games "code" doesn't make it right to do if it damages the economy and upsets the server as a whole. Duping is in the code. Are we allowed to do it? No. Rolling back games is in the code. Hey let's do that too! The biggest reason why people are upset is due to your (and Joe's) inability to accept blame and apologize for your actions. It's clear that the majority of the server is angry, and you do nothing but dodge and deflect and make excuses.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

I'll tell you the same as I told others Bloop, it was my first week or two when I was told this, at the end of last ladder. These were also people that helped me. I trusted them, and it was proven false. I'm pissed that I was lied to. And vav kept asking for the screenshot so I sent it. And sure, there's a difference between mods and admins here, but as a general rule staff is usually to be trusted but when a staff member lies about something it's kind of an issue in my book. Not saying he's the one who told me it wouldn't work, but he did flat out lie about not knowing about it.
    And finally someone who understands the clear issue here. Integrity and honesty.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

I thought I might lean a little toward your case Gothix, but it's pretty hard to do so when I can't possibly see how or why Game would benefit by favoring Joe et. al over everyone else or at the very least being indifferent to how they exploit the game.

If it's so obvious, people would either be in pitch-forks and riot (which sort of looks like that's going on) or they'd say ok good luck getting someone to contribute to the server. In other words, it's self-defeating.

Still I definitely do think the exploitation inadvertently or not really mucks up the economy and usually for the worse for all other players, but there's not much you can do at some point when it comes to the economy here. That's why I didn't bother voting or making an opinion on the subscription thread, because I'm not convinced that will do really anything to "equal the playing field" by any stretch of the margin. People play longer than others, contribute more money than others, play smarter than others, or get inside tips than others (not going to elaborate on this nor put up with dissent that this doesn't go on). It ain't much different from the real-world.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-02-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    Oh hey look! Honesty. Imagine that. And you did in fact ban me from discord. The problem here isn't the amount of gold that Joe has amassed, it's the method for which he did so. Just because something is part of a games "code" doesn't make it right to do if it damages the economy and upsets the server as a whole. Duping is in the code. Are we allowed to do it? No. Rolling back games is in the code. Hey let's do that too! The biggest reason why people are upset is due to your (and Joe's) inability to accept blame and apologize for your actions. It's clear that the majority of the server is angry, and you do nothing but dodge and deflect and make excuses.
    I did not ban you, you are NOT always right. When did this supposed ban happen? I do believe Discord shows all moderation logs, I will be glad to you show you once again you are wrong if you request it. Why don't YOU tell ME what am I supposed to do to "fix" what you're calling a problem? What would you have me do? If you were in my shoes right now, what should I be doing to fix all of these supposed problems that I am "deflecting"?

By the way, rolling back is not in the code lol, again you are talking about things you know nothing about. Rolling back happens because D2GS saves charfiles at an interval or at certain events, rolling back happens when there is a sudden crash and one of the save triggers do not happen. That is the exact opposite of "in the code". As for duping, there isn't a switch in the actual config that says "allow dupes". That would actually be an exploit, as it is taking advantage of actual events in the code causing an unintended result.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    The problem will be fixed.

I sincerely hope you have a great day
    Last edited by Bloop; 04-02-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gofret

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    What would you have me do? If you were in my shoes right now, what should I be doing to fix all of these supposed problems that I am "deflecting"?
    Is there a button that makes getting said annis 15x timer longer in the game as well? Is that part of the code we are referring here?

Honestly, what I would expect is that, when you make something 15x times harder (and in this case it's easily quantifiable since getting same number of old soulstone vs new soulstone requries 1/15 materials and it takes hours to collect 3 sets, so its not 1min vs 15min thing, its much larger scale), I would expect you to block this feature for the transitional season. Just to be 'fair'. Not saying dclone walking and hunting is an exploit, I liked to do just that in Bnet. However, never was it the case that all of a sudden something I spent an hour collecting required me to spent 15 hours, and available for use from previous season for others.

I can only hope, for future, when you make big design changes like these, you take this into consideration the implications. From my personal view, if it took the same effort, it would not have mattered if anyone spent time last ladder or this ladder to achieve the same result. However, if you make it 15x more harder to achieve the SAME thing and still allow old method to be used for SOME people, then it causes unrest. And I think you can see where people are coming from. Most of us love this game, and that's why you are getting a lot of comments on the issue. If nobody cared, then it would be silence.

At the end of the day, it's your server, you can say i dont give a rats ass any day, but that's never a good way to run business, and especially if you want it to grow with new players. Just my 2c, you can add it to the pile of other 2cs, which are in abundance these days.

Quote Originally Posted by spdkllz View Post
    Is there a button that makes getting said annis 15x timer longer in the game as well? Is that part of the code we are referring here?

Honestly, what I would expect is that, when you make something 15x times harder (and in this case it's easily quantifiable since getting same number of old soulstone vs new soulstone requries 1/15 materials and it takes hours to collect 3 sets, so its not 1min vs 15min thing, its much larger scale), I would expect you to block this feature for the transitional season. Just to be 'fair'. Not saying dclone walking and hunting is an exploit, I liked to do just that in Bnet. However, never was it the case that all of a sudden something I spent an hour collecting required me to spent 15 hours, and available for use from previous season for others.

I can only hope, for future, when you make big design changes like these, you take this into consideration the implications. From my personal view, if it took the same effort, it would not have mattered if anyone spent time last ladder or this ladder to achieve the same result. However, if you make it 15x more harder to achieve the SAME thing and still allow old method to be used for SOME people, then it causes unrest. And I think you can see where people are coming from. Most of us love this game, and that's why you are getting a lot of comments on the issue. If nobody cared, then it would be silence.

At the end of the day, it's your server, you can say i dont give a rats ass any day, but that's never a good way to run business, and especially if you want it to grow with new players. Just my 2c, you can add it to the pile of other 2cs, which are in abundance these days.
    I highly recommend you search my recent posts and read everything I've said addressing this subject lately. Thanks for your concern.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

"We are fully dedicated to making this the best Diablo II server to play on by far, and we will focus building it around the most important part, the community"

"2. Scamming / theft / ruining the experience of other players is not allowed.
    - Stealing, tricking, and taking advantage of others is completely unacceptable. We want to focus on making our community an enjoyable place, we will not tolerate ruining others experience here."

These quotes have been copied from your homepage. Seems to me that there is a issue with the community. All you keep doing is keep regurgitating the same response. People on here have come to expect fair play on here. You changed the rules on standards, so that it was harder to farm!!!! Why change it, if ypu were going to let prior season exploit it??? Regardless if you think its fair, alot of people you "value" dont. Its good to know where the community stands when you are making money.

User Tag List