Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.1 Sneak Peek (Non Subs)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

5.1 Sneak Peek (Non Subs)

Hey guys, I am essentially copy pasting the information the Subscribers gotten a little over 2 weeks ago now to the general public, so you guys can get an idea of what to expect before going into 5.1. I won't be posting the new items here but I want to make sure everyone has an idea of how Neo Annihilus will work, so here you go!

So for starters, cold and light sorceresses have received some pretty good buffs. Cold Mastery now also increases Cold Damage, and all lightning spells have had their damage per level and synergy % increased.

Necromancers have gotten some cool buffs too. Poison Nova and Poison Maelstrom have had their synergies and damage per level increased as well. Skeletal Archers were buggy and did not apply damage properly, so they have been removed. They have been replaced with Raise Zombie, which gains quite a bit of attack speed per skeletal power. Also, Skeletons now received 25% of the Necromancer's Enhanced Damage, and Zombies receive 50%. This makes them his quite hard, especially sinch Lich Form adds a lot of Enhanced Damage!

There are plenty of other buffs as well, such as phys / lightning Javazons, Elemental Druids, and some fixes / buffs for Blessed hammer / Vengeance.

Now onto the good stuff. http://i.imgur.com/dKSDwkH.jpg . As you can see, Neo Annihilus is now upgradeable. This will be done by cubing it with 20 Orbs of Potential. There are 5 levels of Orbs, the first level is the Lesser Orb of Potential, they can be dropped from any Act boss and have a pretty high drop rate, similar to their essence. Level 2 Orbs which are simply "Orbs of Potential" will drop from farmable endgame bosses, such as Lich King, Time Rift bosses, Dreamlands bosses, etc. Again the drop rate is definitely not bad. Level 3 "Greater Orbs of Potential" will always drop from event bosses such as Reziarfg and Cthulhu. They will also always drop from Uldyssian, and have a chance to drop from The Cow Queen and Cain. Level 4 Elder Orbs of Potential will drop from Puzzle bosses. Lastly, Level 5 Ultimate Orbs of Potential will as of now only drop from the bonus levels in the Crucible, so Level 17+.

So you will cube the Neo Annihilus with 20 Lesser Orbs of Potential, get an upgrade, then cube it with 20 Orbs of Potential and so on. Neo Annihilus stats will slightly increase per upgrade, but the big thing is you are allowed 1 Forbidden Charm per upgrade. These will be rare charms that drop anywhere in Hell with a higher drop rate than puzzles, and you can only use 1 per upgrade you have on your Neo Annihilus. These charms will be quite powerful and potentially build changing. Using more than you are allowed to will result in several stats being dropped to 1, including your vitality.

We have several new bosses coming up, they are all Final Fantasy based and will be completely farmable. The portals will be located in act 3: http://i.imgur.com/8WLxbT2.jpg

They will all have atleast 2 new items, with a hidden boss or two as well! http://i.imgur.com/xQUOt9Q.jpg

Gold
    Annihilus Account: JoeMamAz

Really looking forward to being able to use my cold sorce. Thank you for your hard work!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Squall!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Icehammer

Nice stuff but now i have a question too:
    ¿Will be this new bosses permanent in the game or will be an unlimited edition like Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by Icehammer View Post
    Nice stuff but now i have a question too:
    ¿Will be this new bosses permanent in the game or will be an unlimited edition like Santa?
    Permanent.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

...Squall really? Does he drop Lionheart or something? Will Griever be the new helmet?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    ...Squall really? Does he drop Lionheart or something? Will Griever be the new helmet?
    Could be Squalls Griever Necklace as an Amulet, that would be a good idea.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: jurat

ok this is gonna be awesome. sorc soj isnt gonna be a waste now xD might have to give it a try

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Icehammer

@Game before i forget it again...
    What will happen with the drop rate of some items, puzzles and stuff like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Icehammer View Post
    @Game before i forget it again...
    What will happen with the drop rate of some items, puzzles and stuff like that?
    Stuff will happen!

User Tag List