Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Patch 5.0b Announcement

  1. #1
    Founder Game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,232
    Gold
    78,611.00
    Annihilus Account: Game

    Exclamation Patch 5.0b Announcement

    Hey there! I wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what is going on with Patch 5.1. As most of you know I am waiting on a third party who isn't tied to Annihilus to finish up some code for me (this guy is one of, if not the best coder/modder in Diablo 2 history) and I cannot finish a few features in 5.1 without it. He has a very busy person though so it is taking some time, and I have a vacation planned with my family the first week of May. It seems he may not have his stuff ready in time for me before then, and it has been stressing me out trying to finish Patch 5.1 before May so I've decided to turn off the things that require the code I am waiting on from him, and release Patch 5.0b in the meantime so you guys can have some new content / balance changes while I am gone. This will fix a LOT of issues with 5.0 and make a lot more builds viable, I also look at this as an opportunity to test some of the skill changes so if something needs tweaked I will know ahead of time and can get it in quickly as 5.1 shouldn't be far behind.

    If he reaches out to me and says he is finished before I leave for vacation and I have time to finish things, I can simply just update 5.0b to 5.1 and enable what I have turned off. The main things that will be missing from 5.0b will be the forbidden charm drops, and the new crucible level. You'll still have the 5 new bosses, some new items, tons of class changes, the ability to upgrade your Neo Annihilus, and magic runewords to enjoy. If all goes well, Patch 5.0b can be out 12-15 hours from this post, as soon as 7:00pm EST today. I hope to see you all on then!

  2. #2
    Junior Member Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wherever the Army moves me
    Posts
    140
    Gold
    4,244.00
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: scottyruns
    Annihilus Account: Mana

    Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Hey there! I wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what is going on with Patch 5.1. As most of you know I am waiting on a third party who isn't tied to Annihilus to finish up some code for me (this guy is one of, if not the best coder/modder in Diablo 2 history) and I cannot finish a few features in 5.1 without it. He has a very busy person though so it is taking some time, and I have a vacation planned with my family the first week of May. It seems he may not have his stuff ready in time for me before then, and it has been stressing me out trying to finish Patch 5.1 before May so I've decided to turn off the things that require the code I am waiting on from him, and release Patch 5.0b in the meantime so you guys can have some new content / balance changes while I am gone. This will fix a LOT of issues with 5.0 and make a lot more builds viable, I also look at this as an opportunity to test some of the skill changes so if something needs tweaked I will know ahead of time and can get it in quickly as 5.1 shouldn't be far behind.

    If he reaches out to me and says he is finished before I leave for vacation and I have time to finish things, I can simply just update 5.0b to 5.1 and enable what I have turned off. The main things that will be missing from 5.0b will be the forbidden charm drops, and the new crucible level. You'll still have the 5 new bosses, some new items, tons of class changes, the ability to upgrade your Neo Annihilus, and magic runewords to enjoy. If all goes well, Patch 5.0b can be out 12-15 hours from this post, as soon as 7:00pm EST today. I hope to see you all on then!

    Appreciate the hard work. There's a reason I donate my time and money to every server you've brought up. Thank you.

  3. #3
    Game Master Mr_Malice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    19
    Gold
    1,979.00
    Annihilus Account: Mr_Malice

    whoah, looking forward to this. Hype!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    282
    Gold
    98.00
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

    Pretty hyped, but curious... Will the magic fix be in this?

  5. #5
    New Member Bloodangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    mississippi
    Posts
    15
    Gold
    565.00
    Annihilus Account: Bloodangel

    sweeeet thx game

  6. #6
    Founder Game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,232
    Gold
    78,611.00
    Annihilus Account: Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Pretty hyped, but curious... Will the magic fix be in this?
    As in the magic damage / pierce enchants working? Of course!

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    13
    Gold
    10.00
    Annihilus Account: Joseah22

    #HYPE Thanks!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    282
    Gold
    98.00
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

    Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    As in the magic damage / pierce enchants working? Of course!
    I meant the whole damage cap thing, not just the enchant.
    Last edited by Fitsu; 04-21-2017 at 03:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Retired Staff Savior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    261
    Gold
    40,250.00
    Annihilus Account: Savior

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I meant the whole damage cap thing, not just the enchant.
    I'm pretty sure the cap is fixed, I remember him mentioning it somewhere else before.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    94
    Gold
    6,257.00
    Annihilus Account: Icehammer

    Game is the best! Thanks for all the support |m|

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
footer