View Poll Results: Which content release cycle would you prefer?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5.1 ASAP, push ladder reset to mid October.

9 23.08%
  • Cancel 5.1 release, wait a little longer for 6.0 / ladder reset / Halloween content all at once.

30 76.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Ladder Reset and Patch 5.1

Poll: Ladder Reset and Patch 5.1

Hey everyone. I am sure it is painfully obvious, but Patch 5.1 has been delayed due to some pretty big bugs found in the beta testing. I am glad we caught them now, but as long as it is taking us to track down these pesky bugs we are coming up really close on our expected ladder reset estimate, which is supposed to be sometime in September. This has me faced with a dilemma. Below are the options I am exploring, please post your honest opinion as constructively as possible. I realize we made a pretty big blunder not having 5.1 a month ago, but some things you just cannot control.

Option 1) If 5.1 turns out to be ready to go within the next week, do we go ahead and put out Patch 5.1 to iron out any potential issues found for the reset? This will also let people experience and fight Omega Weapon, and we would push the ladder reset to mid October.

Option 2) Do not release 5.1 at all, instead we go straight to Patch 6.0 that I have been working on on the side, and it comes with the ladder reset. This could then be as early as late September, but could still very well take until mid October. This would also allow us to bundle the Halloween event content right with the launch of the new ladder. If we go with this option, we would offer Gold exchanges for all of the poor souls who farmed the Heart of Omega Weapon waiting on Patch 5.1. We would likely offer 3500 Gold per Heart turned in, or you could keep them to experience Omega Weapon right away on non-ladder as it will be a long while before anyone can do him on the new ladder. It is completely up to the person whether they turn it in or keep it.

So to sum it up, if possible release 5.1 ASAP and push ladder reset to mid October. OR cancel 5.1 and wait to bundle Patch 6.0, ladder reset, and Halloween Event content with Heart of Omega Weapon Gold exchanges.

Again please give constructive advice / opinions, we're almost definitely more upset about 5.1's delay than anyone else. I look forward to hearing what you all think.
    Last edited by Game; 09-03-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Amatus

What if you just want a /players 8 command?

Quote Originally Posted by Amatus View Post
    What if you just want a /players 8 command?
    That would do nothing on Annihilus, most benefits / cons of increased players is already in the game.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: tears

i voted second option but heart is forsure worth more than 3500 shits like 7k bruh
    bruh

Gold
    Annihilus Account: torckon2

I want the fast patch. I can't wait any more
    Last edited by torckon; 09-04-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Quote Originally Posted by tears View Post
    i voted second option but heart is forsure worth more than 3500 shits like 7k bruh
    bruh
    Go ahead and sell them for 7k then xD

I'd say just wait for reset and release the whole shebang! Great job with the updates, Keep up the hard work
    Veni Vidi Vici - I came, I saw, I conquered

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

I'd like to see new content released whenever its possible, but have the option to return the hearts. This way I feel if more people are playing we are sure all the bugs ( droprates and whatever ) are getting discovered and or buffed/nerfed builds, to make sure there's no crazy things in a fresh new ladder. I'd have to agree with Tears that 3.5k is kinda low tho, when the shit was still hot a skull/pearl were going like 1K -1.5k each easily, that being said I think 5K ~ would be more fair.

This option should keep the players thats farmed a Heart satisfied or at least give them a choice if they wanna explore the danger or simply convert it to gold, it also lets new players see a more active server.
    Last edited by Mephisto; 09-04-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: shinryu

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I do not know how to speak English very well so I'll be using google translator, maybe this comment is a little out of coherence.
    In my opinion it would be better to launch the 5.1 patch to '' fill '' the server and after a while launch the 6.0 patch that you are working on.
    I also believe you would have more time to work on the 6.0 patch because the 5.1 patch is stuffed with new stuff and it would take more time for the players to "get" because they already have all the items in the game / made all runs of the patch.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

I say aim for 6.0. We've waited this long, what's another month. From what you've been saying it sounds like it will feel like a different game altogether. With a ladder reset we can all experience it together for the first time. Get someone to make a release trailer for it. Let the hype train roll out

Gold
    Annihilus Account: torckon2

where is drop Heart of Omega Weapon?

User Tag List