Thread: Help. I am stuck in the wrong alphabet. and can not speek to any one. ahhhhh

Gold
    Annihilus Account: knightxlife

Help. I am stuck in the wrong alphabet. and can not speek to any one. ahhhhh

I have just started playing. only a day in to my adventure and an unexpected language barrier has struck me.
    Half way through playing with some one, I suddenly started typing letters that I have never seen before, and now when ever I try to talk to any one. all I can do is type meaningless symbols.

What ever is going on????

what have I done???

How do I undo this noob Horror????

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Gold

Logging out of game for an hour seems to have put things back to how they should be.
    What ever happened I believe that it is some thing I inadvertently pressed. I have looked through several D2 related forums to find out what I had done. If any one can tell me I would appreciate it so that I can avoid this from happening again.

Thank you very much for your time.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

have it been only for diablo? Or was the whole system typing in a different language?

I mean, theres some windows keyboard shortcuts such as (left ALT) + (TAB) on pre-win7 OS` that switches trough some preset languages (for me this was english/german keyboard layout mostly). In windows 10 theres a systemsided hotkeybar where you can set the hotkey by yourself if needed.
    If it even is/was a language...

If it was only in diablo im already done. Maybe some language data got blocked somehow by your antivirus or something

Gold

Thank you very much for taking the the time to reply. I have not had this happen again. may be the left ALT could be the answer. it was only in diablo, but I do not believe is was an antivirus issue because it only happened when I first started playing and was still getting used to the key figuration of the game. After I Logged backed the issue had righted its self. If an antivirus script was the root cause I think it would happen again. it has not so I fall back to human error. 'My Error' . I will try and recreate the issue using the left ALT in order to figure out what I did so that I do not do it by accident again.

Thank you Lucid

User Tag List