View Poll Results: Would you like to get a 7.0 patch for Annihilus Legacy ?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i love the SoR concept but i still want to play old Annihilus

3 60.00%
  • No, i want to play SoR and those who prefer old Annihilus to cry

2 40.00%

Thread: Patch 7.0 for Annihilus Legacy

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Player

Patch 7.0 for Annihilus Legacy

Ok so i created a thread about Legacy but the poll bricked somehow.
    I make that new one here and also invite people to participate to the discussion.

What would be your most wanted upgrades?

Mines:

1. If its somehow possible to limit the "more players affect droprate" to the xp area would be a huge improvement.

2. Get some nerf/buffs for some skills (i'll try to make a list) in order to get more builds viable

3. Bring back marks and chtulhu altar boxes <3

4. Take off perma events (chrismas and halloween)

5. Put that Haunted Forest Tree in a cruci level and nerf the bone armor spell of mobs there (or take off thorns?)

Development Team
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: xghozt55

I don't want you to get your hopes up over this, so I'll just come out and say that further improvements to Annihilus Legacy aren't going to happen.

Gold

That's some bad coming out doh

Gold

Resuming my thought, hope you don't mind.

I love Annihilus and Diablo2 but 'im just a moonwalking noob who love ass, books and getting rekt by catapult. I honestly don't care much about calculation, detailed damage nor skill mechanics. What i care about is to have fun on a game i used to play when i was 10. Annihilus brought that to me. That new mod doesn't.

Thrash talk on:
    Basically the gameplay in SorT is to max open sockets and then sock and unsock your gear every 5min. In Legacy you get boner easily by identifying fatass items. In Sotr you need to masturbate a lot on flat ass items using essences until you get your dick hard. This is a completely different gameplay and new way to walk through the game.
    Trash talk off.

Good thing here, most of people like SotR and doesn't feel the way i do. I'm just one of the last creepy weirdos hanging on to Legacy. It is a matter of taste i guess? Never claimed that my way of experiencing Annihilus was better than theirs. Just thought you guys made Legacy for people like me who couldn't take that red pill yet.

In old annihilus, inventory was a huge part of improvement and customization of your character with charms. Therefore, cube was used as storage. Without charms, inventory turned into a big shopping trolley. I think cube could had been improved: Automatically unpack its content when dragging it in stash and store in it the items you pick up on the ground while having full inventory. Those two tricks would have made things easy.

But yeah, who am i to suggest things. I'm just a noob as i said.

It's not because i prefer old annihilus over new mod that devs should be sad. Quite the opposite. Legacy should be a reminder of where all that work comes from and what was fucking good back there. But instead, you guys are sealing it in quarantine, like a toxic area that doesn't deserve to be applauded.

What's the point to have a Legacy Server if you guys doesn't even recognise its quality and doesn't want to bother with some extra light patch? I'm not asking more content. There is plenty enough there! Just few upgrades: buff here, nerf there and reset. I know it's not easy and that you guys working hard on new mod that's why the old community could help. That's the only thing i was looking for making that first thread.
    Last edited by player; 05-25-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    I love Annihilus and Diablo2 but 'im just a moonwalking noob who love ass, books and getting rekt by catapult. I honestly don't care much about calculation, detailed damage nor skill mechanics. What i care about is to have fun on a game i used to play when i was 10. Annihilus brought that to me. That new mod doesn't.

Thrash talk on:
    Basically the gameplay in SorT is to max open sockets and then sock and unsock your gear every 5min. In Legacy you get boner easily by identifying fatass items. In Sotr you need to masturbate a lot on flat ass items using essences until you get your dick hard. This is a completely different gameplay and new way to walk through the game.
    Trash talk off.

Good thing here, most of people like SotR and doesn't feel the way i do. I'm just one of the last creepy weirdos hanging on to Legacy. It is a matter of taste i guess? Never claimed that my way of experiencing Annihilus was better than theirs. Just thought you guys made Legacy for people like me who couldn't take that red pill yet.

In old annihilus, inventory was a huge part of improvement and customization of your character with charms. Therefore, cube was used as storage. Without charms, inventory turns into a big shopping trolley. I think cube could had been improved: Automatically unpack its content when dragging it in stash and store in it the items you pick up on the ground while having full inventory. Those two tricks would have made things easy.

But yeah, who am i to suggest things. I'm just a noob as i said.

It's not because i prefer old annihilus over new mod that devs should be sad. Quite the opposite. Legacy should be a reminder of where all that work comes from and what was fucking good back there. But instead, you guys are sealing it in quarantine, like a toxic area that doesn't deserve to be applauded.

What's the point to have a Legacy Server if you guys doesn't even recognise its quality and doesn't want to bother with some extra light patch? I'm not asking more content. There is plenty enough there! Just few upgrades: buff here, nerf there and reset. I know it's not easy and that you guys working hard on new mod that's why the old community could help. That's the only thing i was looking for making that first thread.
    You're looking at this completely wrong. It isn't that we hate Legacy, in fact its the opposite. If I didn't want to remember where Annihilus started from I would shut down the old patch for good, but I am spending extra money out of my pocket to keep it up for the very few who will still use it. That is as far as we can go, and let me tell you why. It would take a LOT of time and work it would take to make the old Annihilus work with these new mechanics / systems. I already do not have enough time to work on SotR, let alone convert everything to work on the old server as well. Firehawk is the same way, we've already pushed ourselves WELL beyond being burnt out to do the work a second time, we're probably going to collapse already when we finally finish SotR. I have so much going on in life with my family that what little extra time I do get I am going to be spending it with them.

So what it boils down to is it is not worth the time and effort to double our workload to put things on Annihilus Legacy so 5 or so people can play it occasionally. My wife already hates the amount of time I have to put into SotR to get it out this summer, if I told her I was going to be doubling my workload I would be a dead man. Maybe you cannot relate to this situation, but I already work a full time job and work MORE hours on Annihilus than I do even at my main job. I just do not have it in me to stretch even further.

You have been talking about how great Legacy is already, why does it need to be changed then? I was hoping people would be appreciative of the fact that its at least sticking around and will work with the new launcher making it even easier to access, but instead we get threads like this putting us down. Very demoralizing, I just wish you could see where we were coming from instead of telling us how much we've let you down.

So the moral of the story, I will have to stand my ground here, and give you a very firm answer that Legacy will never be touched again. It will stay how it is now with all its glory, so everyone can remember exactly how Annihilus was before we started over and did everything in a way that is easier to maintain and balance. Please enjoy it, because again it is not free for me to host and nobody is going to be spending any money on Legacy I am sure, so its all coming out of my pocket. Please remember that, and lets end this discussion as civil as possible.
    Last edited by Game; 05-24-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    If I didn't want to remember where Annihilus started from I would shut down the old patch for good, but I am spending extra money out of my pocket to keep it up for the very few who will still use it. That is as far as we can go, and let me tell you why. It would take a LOT of time and work it would take to make the old Annihilus work with these new mechanics / systems.
    I don't even know what new mechanics/systems you are talking about. I was asking a simple reset with the minimum work possible and if we could actually help in the process. What is wrong with that? The answer is no. Farewell. No need to loose more of your time in there trying to make me feel guilty about my own personal taste. And no need to call the fbi please!
    Last edited by player; 05-25-2019 at 07:51 AM.

I don't even know what new mechanics/systems you are talking about. I was asking a simple reset with the minimum work possible and if we could actually help in the process. What is wrong with that? The answer is no. Farewell. No need to loose more of your time in there trying to make me feel guilty about my own personal taste. And no need to call the fbi please!
    I am not trying to guilt you, just telling you how it is. And you have a list of things to change in the first post alone, and also in another post you wanted certain SotR features to be moved to legacy, you knew very well what I was talking about. When did the FBI get involved...? I am lost at this point -_-.

Gold

I don't have authority to say what should be done. Those were suggestions obviously.
    The fbi was a joke about you intimating me to "end this discussion as civil as possible".
    I understood bro. You guys won't patch Legacy any more. I got that info now. Ez

I don't have authority to say what should be done. Those were suggestions obviously.
    The fbi was a joke about you intimating me to "end this discussion as civil as possible".
    I understood bro. You guys won't patch Legacy any more. I got that info now. Ez
    Thanks for understanding I think once SotR is done you'll realize just how good it can be. This is an EXTREMELY early beta, there are so many things not finished yet.

Gold

I'm sure i will! It's like the first phase of old annihilus! Lot is coming and i'll be around, believe me

User Tag List