Thread: [unfinished suffixes] Grim Barb, Eth Highland Blade. One in 5.9 Million Chance.

[unfinished suffixes] Grim Barb, Eth Highland Blade. One in 5.9 Million Chance.

This is the best set of 3 prefixes on a physical weapon.

This item will eventually have its suffixes recrafted to ias and crit chance.

Chance for these set of prefixes at t1 (flat wep dmg must be t1 or trash wep tbh), t2+, t2+. 1/~299000. Given that number is so ridiculous that it's not realistic to roll this with ephemerals, I also factor in the 5% chance of it having dropped eth to get a 1 in 5.9 million chance roll. If someone was to ever try to craft this, you could use the original number, however it wouldnt be strictly accurate since ephemerals (assuming they just give 3-6 affixes with no weighting towards any particular number 3-6) will not always give you 3 prefixes. It's more a 1/~299000 chance that any set of 3 prefixes on an i85 base will be those 3 at at least these tiers.

If someone was to try to undertake crafting it on a better base, then it would take ~580,000 transient/luminous/cosmic craft attempts (112 transients per t1 flat wep, then 2/107 chance of luminous giving a good prefix, then 1/97 of a good cosmic assuming it chooses prefix 50% of the time in this situation), or ~450,000 ephemerals in pure spamming. The former *sounds* more realistic, but that's questionable really. However, I don't have an eth colossus sword so I can't calculate yet what tier of prefixes would be needed to actually get better dps based on the base weapon damage. Assuming that the weapon was tier 1 implicit as well (losing out on 8% ias with this tier3 implicit), I think it's fair to say the tiers on mods like %wep/phys hybrid or flat phys could be more lenient and still beat this item, especially considering the two extra sockets would make up a LOT of ground. However, chances are this weapon when finished will still end up being THE top tier barb weapon for quite some time to come.

Long story short, the chance of this weapon getting beat anytime soon as a barb weapon is extremely, extremely low. And I can't wait til the new energies get added so I can finish the suffixes and we can see what top tier barb looks like
    Last edited by forest; 09-08-2019 at 10:29 AM.

User Tag List