Thread: Some fundamental questions

Gold
    Annihilus Account: jugendfrei

Some (mainly mechanical) questions

Hello all,

played vanilla D2-LoD quite a while, but there's a ton of reasons to go to Annihilus.
    Though I have a good amount of very basic questions for which I could not find answers yet.

1st: For D2-LoD a general Tier List is
    S: Hammerdin (With Enigma! W/o A)
    A: Sorc any light/blizz/fb (esp. at Ladder reset; Tele is OP); Summoner; Trapsin
    B: Frenzy barb; Beserk barb
    C+: Who cares; anything below here is to have fun, not to acquire riches as quickly as possible.

For Anni I figure the Tier list is highly different. I think I read or heard (Yt?) somewhere, that sorc got nerved, but Assa is OP now, but even if I remember correctly, then I don't know which patch status, which version, which build and most importantly: For what reasons. From short testing it seems that sorc got a huge effective mana boost (35 Fireballs instead of 3 per mana pool on lvl 1, so that's factor 10.5!), so no nerf here. Though I do know that Enig got nerved, but I guess Hammerdin is strong still, just that you'd use charge (the ability) and Tele-charges on a Staff that's decently cheap to rep... wait, there is no repairing on anni, right? Are there charges? Do Staffs with Tele(-charges) for all classes exist?

Either way, first question: Which classes are strong on anni (non-legacy if that's possible to answer) pvm?
    2nd question: Are all the FHR/FRW/FCR/IAS-breakpoints the same as in D2-vanilla?
    3rd question: I read that sorcs should go for resses, def and ES for defensive options. While I'm sure that resses are still great, def is surprisingly insignificant in D2 Vanilla and FHR as well as a high life total (try not to get hit for more than 1/12 of your life often and if you do try to recover quickly) are more important stats in D2 Vanilla.
    3.1: Are there any mechanical changes that justify going for def over FHC and Life in D2 Anni?
    3.2: Did the chance to hit monster function (which is a function of attacker AR, both lvls and defender def) stay the same or get changed on D2 Anni?
    3.3: ES is a great tool, but it has 2 important weaknesses in D2 Vanilla. 1st: It gets applied before resses, which means that hits onto ES in Hell always count as if you had -100 res all. 2nd: Mana Burn actually comes with a bug(!) in D2 Vanilla which causes it to burn 8 times as much mana as it should. This does not mean that all your mana always gets burned instantly, but there's a good amount of attacks which can burn more than 1000 Mana per hit/per second leaving you vulnerable if ES is your main defense.
    3.3: Did the ES-mechanics change in D2 Anni so that it is now a more reliable tool than it was in D2 Vanilla?
    4th question: I am 80% sure I read somewhere, that games in D2 Anni are now "permanent" after 30 seconds, but that's still a very vague statement. I also got told, that "Yeah the time ban doesn't happen here", which probably means that you can still fuck up, but not in any way which I care to test for, so thank you for that. (PS: Also I got logged off thrice while typing this here, but that's partly because I hadn't checked the "Remember me" Box which is default on on >90% of the forums) so of course, you can't waste your server capacities like crazy and I don't wish to waste them either;
    still I wonder (4th question): How long do games persist after leaving if they have / have not become "permanent" and about how long can I idle in a game before being kicked?
    [S]5th question: Are Health/Stamina/Mana gains per levelup and per Stat-Point the same as in D2 Vanilla or did they get changed?[/S]
    Actually scratch that, I could find this on Wiki and they got changed heavily! For example on D2 Vanilla sorc gets 1 point to life per point in Vit and 4 points to mana per point to energy, but in D2 Anni sorc gets more life than mana per point in Vit/Energy, wow. That makes wonder me really hard how people recommend putting everything to Energy in D2 Anni (even more so with permanent pots) while in D2 Vanilla the strategy has been agreed to put as much into Vit. as possible even if you go for full ES build. Also the stamina mechanic got removed. Oh, and
    5th question: Do you still go into hit recovery if you get hit for at least 1/12th of your health on 1 frame and never (except for dedicated stun skills) if you get hit for less?
    I do have more questions, but those are the ones I'll be most happy to have them answered early on.
    Last edited by andy01q; 02-10-2020 at 09:44 AM.

User Tag List