Thread: Need Help with build

Gold
    Annihilus Account: jmarr

Need Help with build

Hi,

I die all times in rift, in act 1 hell. I have 3 level 60 char: barb (shield trow), amazon (strafe/multiple shot) and Druid (blood hunt).
    The better is the druid, but dies in all rifts in act 1 Hell.
    The druid tree:
    raven 13 -
    oak sage 8 -
    poison creeper 7
    dire wolf 13
    treant 2
    grizzly 7
    werewolf 3
    blood hunt 20

I use 1hand sabre and shield.
    My itens are rare and my damage is 1307-1408 in 63. I have

It's normal that damage and dies in rifts or I need help?

Sorry my english, not my native language.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

At first id suggest, to not mix the Skilltrees.

Better go full into Bear form and blood hunt with this. Also try to skill the skills prior to bloodhunt, that you can use as bear and that give you buffs to your damage.

Also lvl 60 isnt that good for Hell. I can tell, because i played my sorcress completely selffound. I had a pause at lvl 58 an farmed nightmare until i got some uniqs and gearboosts.
    Damage really isnt a big problem afaik, so try to go for a good bunch of defense (use veiled energys to upgrade worthy gears for more defense), get at least 60+ all ress in hell and maybe even maxblock. The latter is dependant on the class i think. Not sure if druids use shields.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Matsas

Hi jmarr,

i have the same problem on my druid. 1 point (or more) in Maul is in my opinion a must have for blood hunt, since it gives you a better chance to apply bleed (at 5 charges) with your attacks. And bleed upps the damage of blood hunt greatly.

I tried to combine my blood hunt with hurricane (2 aoe spells). But the duration of hurricane is rather short in game, and you can't recast in bear form. I haven't tried it with minions.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: jmarr

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    At first id suggest, to not mix the Skilltrees.

Better go full into Bear form and blood hunt with this. Also try to skill the skills prior to bloodhunt, that you can use as bear and that give you buffs to your damage.

Also lvl 60 isnt that good for Hell. I can tell, because i played my sorcress completely selffound. I had a pause at lvl 58 an farmed nightmare until i got some uniqs and gearboosts.
    Damage really isnt a big problem afaik, so try to go for a good bunch of defense (use veiled energys to upgrade worthy gears for more defense), get at least 60+ all ress in hell and maybe even maxblock. The latter is dependant on the class i think. Not sure if druids use shields.
    uniqs? where? where?
    In 3 chars level 60, I droped 2 uniques, and only one is good for summon build (The Eye of Etlich), the other is a armor for sorcerer.
    Yes, I will try farm the nightware bosses for more, but the drop is very very low, but I will try.
    And more rare itens with resistences. I have +12, -11, -39, +17, -8% resistance, respectively.
    I will reset the tree for max bear and bloodhunt, maibe grizzly or sage, for defense or life.
    Maibe I try maul, but I use a sword with chance of bleed.

Ty for tips.

What is the best for bloodhunt and bear form: sword with bleed and shield, or 2hand with bleed and splash damage?
    Last edited by jmarr; 09-16-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Try to somehow get to around 100-150 magic find. On rares if not on uniqs.

Then farm the easy uniq monsters near the wps or just farm unstable rifts if youre able to.
    Uniq monsters worthy would be: Rakanishu (stony field), bone ash (inner cloister), fire eye (sanctuary wp, then portal backwards to the palast cellar), act 5 wp1 eldtrich and shenk. Thats basically what i did.

Unstable rifts are randomly spread across the world. Try act1,2,3 and 5 wps until you see purple colored monsters. If theres a purple monster around, theres a unstable rift in that area that you can find and farm. Rifts are harder to pull off than uniq monsters.

They drop "good". Still you have to do that quite a time until you find gears for you. Otherwise just trade with other ppl the stuff you dont use yourself.

As for your last question i cannot really help you. I havent played much melee druid yet.
    Guess, thats your turn to figure out

Gold
    Annihilus Account: lvl

Yes, definitely reaching at least +100% magic find should be a target.
    tho it should NOT cost the majority of clear speed (damage) and defensive stats (resists,health)
    Doing boss twice (dps focused gear) in same time as
    one kill - when dressed to magic find - may actually favour more repeats with no Magic Find.
    I said ~may~.
    Yesterday i tried to do some runs - new ssf char on route:
    (normal) travincal, sanctuary, bloody wp and Baal
    Guess what? -> no Unique drop xD
    But! i got to lvl 40, covered some missing resists - to start next difficulty with about 40@res,
    found sufficient Rare gear worth to spend my socketing essences on.

As mentioned above by Lucid: "...Damage really isnt a big problem..."
    - it's more bout sustaining incoming damage (ways to regen/replenish/leech Health back
    & Avoiding/Disposing of negative status effects like: Frozen -move speed, -attack speed and Curses -resist etc.

! DEFENSIVE STATS:
    sooner or later lack of defensive stats will make the game hard, preventing progress
    - taking away satisfaction, wanting to change profession, making a new character.

! MY PRIORITIES - (things influencing imo ppl forget/discredit )
    1 Cold resistance - greatly influencing gameplay slowing move and attack speed
    - the more cold resistance you have - faster "chilled" status will expire;
    2 Lightning resistance tends to hurt the most due to big maximum damage
    + applies "shock" - making your character stop/cancel attack or move order

*Faster hit Recovery - defensive stat determining how fast - after action cancelled -
    your character will be able to "regain balance"/recover after it got hit
    this stat is imo more important for melee fighters but eventually
    every char (before being able to facetank/oneshot Bosses) should keep it's
    class's breakpoint as high as possible. I'll set a link (i hope it's up to date):
    https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=2450747

3 proper potion mods/usage.
    4 Using/gearing mercenary

! POTIONS:
    There are lot of negative status effects received with incoming damage, like:
    Frozen, Amplify dmg some monsters even have auras lowering your combat stats.
    I look to have mods on my potions:
    - Cannot be Frozen
    - Curse immunity
    - Physical resistance
    also mixed with +Hit recovery, Increased Duration/Potency, Max Health, Health Regeneration/or Per Kill.
    It's not hard to find/ make your belt to have situational solutions against things that lower character performance.

! SECOND SET:
    I store every Unique item
    (they can be upgraded and also warped - risking breaking it or getting a game-changing mod)
    There are also a lot of synergies between certain Uniqs which may not have been noticed on first sight.

Rare (yellow) items with over %15-20+ Magic Find i try to fit in - selecting balanced dps>mf set.

Also It's very useful to check your Character Screen[C] while Cursed or in range of enemy's Aura
    to see what stats/resist should be fixed - helps t understand "why we fall".

Wish You luck and hope some of my tips can help/solve some difficulties
    - Overall: repeating is key to mastering.

User Tag List