Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 Patch Notes

3.0 Patch Notes

Annihilus 3.0 Changelog:

Major Changes:

The ladder has been reset! Race your way to be the first level 99 to claim an exclusive effect for your character for your efforts. (Be sure to screenshot the ladder right away for proof!)

• Happy Halloween! The following changes are in effect for this seasonal event:

- Monsters across all difficulties have a chance to drop a Trick or Treat Bag. While these bags can contain some pretty good treats, you will find yourself getting tricked much more often!
    - The NPCs in town are dressing up for the occasion.
    - All treats obtained during the Halloween Event are exclusive, and will no longer be obtainable after the Halloween Event ends on November 6th. Players will not lose any treats they obtain during the event. Be sure to get them while you can!

• The Courts of Justice have been added. The Key to the Courts of Justice is an ultra rare drop that can drop from any monster in Hell mode. It can also be purchased for 1000 Gold at the Gold Vendor.

• A new Inferno level has been added. Take the passage protected by Blood Raven to make your way to the Plaguelands, where you will take on the Undead Scourge army. If you are able to best them, you will get a chance to fight the Lord of the Scourge himself.

• All character classes have received a new Skill! These new skills are targeted to add new viable strategies / builds for each class, rather than power up existing specs. Several skills have had synergies modified around this, but I will not list all of them. Sorry! Although I will put added damage synergies in the Skill Changes section.

General Changes:

• Experience Gain has been lowered for every level. Racing to 99 is no fun if you can do it in a day! Our XP gain is still higher than standard Diablo 2.

• Inferno Monsters have been nerfed. Their HP no longer regenerates at insane rates, allowing more classes to be able to do Inferno. To compensate for this, their drop rates have been lowered. This definitely includes normal and nightmare drops as well, as they were out of control. Inferno will still be one of if not the most viable Magic Finding areas.

• You now start in the center of Lut Gholein, no more long run.

• The exploit to rollover stronger monsters' HP to -1 with 17+ players in a game has been fixed finally, once and for all. Monster HP now stops scaling at 14 players.

• Belial has had his AI reworked, and will no longer run away / leave the game!

• The Cow Kingdom and Dreamlands have had their experience gains lowered.

• The Cow Kingdom has had it's density lowered. There will no longer be as many cows in the level.

• You can no longer put your Cube inside the Cube with our auto-move item feature. Cubeception avoided.

Skill Changes:

• Ravens now have a 15% chance to land a Crushing Blow.

• Poison Dagger now deals 150% of your weapon's damage, up from 100%.

• Blade shield now does 1/2 of your Weapon Damage, up from 1/4.

• Death Spear's damage has been cut roughly in half.

• Pounce no longer stuns, has much lower scaling damage, but has a lower cooldown.

• Exploding Arrow's damage synergy has been lowered from 16% to 12%.

• Freezing Arrow's damage synergy has been lowered from 12% to 10%.

• Raven now has a damage synergy.

• Blade shield now has a damage synergy.

• Hydra now has a 3rd damage synergy, and has had the damage synergy increased from 3% to 7%.

• All of the Necromancer's poison skills has had their damage synergies increased and/or modified.

Item Changes:

• Aldur's Set has had several buffs.

• Bul-Kathos' Set has had several buffs.

• Griswold's Set has had several buffs. The chest piece has been changed to Sacred Armor, meaning a set Sacred Armor can be Immortal King's or Griswold's.

• Trang-Oul's Set has had several buffs.

• Natalya's Set has had a few buffs.

• The Call of Cthulhu set no longer summons the Dreamlands bosses, but now has a 1% chance to summon the Avatar of Cthulhu. The other stats have been modified to compensate the change.

• The Cow Queen's Set has been nerfed. The FCR/FRW/FHR have all been lowered on the helmet, and all of the partial set bonuses have been lowered.

• Giant Skull has been buffed.

• Mang-Song's Lesson has been buffed.

• Veil of Steel has been buffed.

• Infernal Chests have been buffed. Several useless items have been removed from the chest and no longer have a chance to spawn, but not all of them obviously! The Infernal Chests are supposed to be a gamble, so we cannot make every chest great. Infernal Chests no longer drop from the Worldstone Event bosses.

• Several new unique charms exclusive to the Infernal Chest have also been added to further the benefits of opening a chest. These charms have scaling stats, such as being a 3/20/20 if rolled perfect. For example; some scale 1-3/10-20/10-20, some are 10-20/5-11's, and more. These charms are of course still obtainable by normal means, as a magic charm.

• Opening a Cache of R'lyeh at Cthulhu's Altar will now only have a Dreamland item, sacrificing the 2 other random items. Opening a Cache of R'lyeh with the Key of the Old Ones will still include 2 random items from an Infernal Chest, meaning they are affected by the Infernal Chest buff.

• Key of the Old Ones has had it's price lowered to 250 Gold.

• Frostmourne has had it's stats modified. Frostmourne no longer drops in Inferno, instead it drops from it's rightful owner. It is still obtainable in Infernal Chests.

• New Effects have been added. These include an amazing variety of Wings for your character!

• Enchantment Scrolls have had their drop rate increased once again.

• K'nar'st's Ribcage no longer has a chance to cast Fist of the Heavens, removing the annoyance of putting your skills on cooldown.

• There are no more Ladder Only items. This includes uniques and runewords. Non-Ladder's content will be the exact same as Ladder's.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: freeda_khala

token nv?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Good job, ty men!
    I hope you tested all new content to prevent crashing/failing)

Few questions:
    Can you provide more info about The Courts of Justice? What is it?
    Infernal chests still can be opened only with key? What about unlocked chects, which items can they provide?
    Didnt understand about frostmourne. Inferno levels have chance to spawn unique boss who drops it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    Good job, ty men!
    I hope you tested all new content to prevent crashing/failing)

Few questions:
    Can you provide more info about The Courts of Justice? What is it?
    Infernal chests still can be opened only with key? What about unlocked chects, which items can they provide?
    Didnt understand about frostmourne. Inferno levels have chance to spawn unique boss who drops it?

Infernal Chests can only be opened with the Infernal Key, correct. The Unlocked Chests are the exact same as locked Chests, except you do not have to find the chest first.

As for your other questions, they will answer themselves in game! I of course couldn't test all of the new content by myself, especially since I had a pretty serious family emergency recently, but I have been doing this long enough to where if there is an issue with the new content it shouldn't be too big of an issue to fix.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Wow holy shit awesome, is all i can say, i love it, the new unique charms, only from infernal chest?
    Rightful owner?! Tyrael??

Looking damn good alex, cant wait to play o_O!

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Wow holy shit awesome, is all i can say, i love it, the new unique charms, only from infernal chest?
    Rightful owner?! Tyrael??

Looking damn good alex, cant wait to play o_O!

Thanks The unique version of the charms are from infernal chest only, correct. They are pretty much 3/20/20's, 3/20/5's, 20/11's, but every start rolls. You can still get the same charms as you normally would by finding them as a magic charm.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Treason2012

No plans to buff necro skeletons/revived AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Treason2012 View Post
    No plans to buff necro skeletons/revived AI?
    Not this patch, could happen soon though.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Treason2012

oh, and no merc inventories? I recall you saying they cant be implemented until ladder reset

Quote Originally Posted by Treason2012 View Post
    oh, and no merc inventories? I recall you saying they cant be implemented until ladder reset
    I decided against it. It would break non ladder characters. Mercenaries are plenty strong right now!

User Tag List