PDA

View Full Version : More questions

vaudeville
05-20-2016, 11:14 AM
1) Is it true conviction will not effect enemy poison resistances (refer to the link below), but it should remove any poison immunity?

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/paladin-offense.shtml

2) How many items can you equip that will (or will not) stack the same aura (take the Zeal Paladin with Thunderfury, a corrupted stormshield, and Paladin Nephalem Amulet for an example)?

3) Are fire (or for that matter lightning) facets worth using with regard to the lower enemy fire resistance modifier if you have the Vortex orb which converts fire to physical damage?

A) alternatively, if your fire damage is physical damage, can physical modifiers like crushing blow apply or not?

B) Conviction used in tandem with the above should both remove the fire immunity of the enemy (if present which shouldn't matter anyway since you'll be doing physical damage anyway) and lower their defenses?

4) The Act 2 Hireling on Hell difficulty should give you blessed aim if offensive and defiance if defensive correct? If they do, then why is my hireling giving neither bonuses (Note just tested that poison maelstrom does get an AR bonus from blessed aim, so please don't tell me it isn't possible)

5) If blessed aim boosts maelstrom's AR then it shouldn't be a bad idea to use a bonus AR enchantment on a pair of gloves for the poison necromancer (its not like there are much more options left to you)?

6) Enchantments should work on runewords right (haven't tried it myself though I can't see why they wouldn't)?

LordManhammer
05-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Conviction and The Lower Resist curse work against enemy poison resists in Annihilus.

vaudeville
05-20-2016, 11:49 AM
I know lower resists does. I just wanted to make sure about conviction.

soulkush
05-20-2016, 03:22 PM
1. It does lower poison resistances on anni.

2. You can stack auras to level 55. So if you have a tf with level 30, neph with lvl 15, and a cor monarch at lvl 10, that would give you max damage.

On the flip side, if you do 30+15+15, your aura will only be lvl 45 because going over disables the last item

3. I wiuld feel the facets would work, but we dont know at what point the damage calculations convert it to physical. In my experience, converting fire bolt drastically lowers the damage.

3a. They wouldn't apply. It would work like a druids tornado.

3b. Defense and a lower fire resistance wouldn't matter because the spell would be auto hit like druids tornado, and it doesnt do fire damage.

4+5. Maelstrom uses ar, but it seems to poison regardless if it "hits" or not. Being ranged, cb is half as effective as melee. If you really want to focus on cb instead of poison damage, get ar. Though you're damahe will suffer.

6. It should work.

vaudeville
05-20-2016, 05:26 PM
soulkush

Thanks for the input.

Also just noticed that Druid spirits don't stack.

vaudeville
05-22-2016, 07:20 AM
7) Murder of Crows does physical damage correct?

8) Do the following modifiers on your equipment effect murder of crows:

a) life steal (or life per hit),
b) deadly strike,
c) crushing blow, etc. (I think you get the picture at this point)

9) Recommended weapon to use for a summoning Druid aside from Aldur's Rhythm or Insanity/Caster version.

Game
05-22-2016, 10:06 AM
7) Murder of Crows does physical damage correct?

8) Do the following modifiers on your equipment effect murder of crows:

a) life steal (or life per hit),
b) deadly strike,
c) crushing blow, etc. (I think you get the picture at this point)

9) Recommended weapon to use for a summoning Druid aside from Aldur's Rhythm or Insanity/Caster version.

Alrighty, I am going to answer this again, I have posted this several times but people keep asking it.

Just because a spell does physical damage does NOT mean it is affected by things that apply on hit, this literally means everything you mentioned. Life steal, LPH, DS, CB, OW etc. Skills will ONLY apply these on-hit affects if the skill's damage scales from your weapon's damage, such as Shuriken Flip, Blade Shield, Shield Throw, etc. Murder of Crows has nothing to do with weapon damage, so it will not apply any of those.

vaudeville
05-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Game

Ok. If in the future, I'll make a long list of questions and answers, then I'll be sure to list this in there for future references.

FYI, I only wanted to ask the above because I wasn't sure what would make the most sense to socket a Summoning Druid's weapon other than perhaps some kind of +1 to all skills jewels.

vaudeville
05-27-2016, 06:43 AM
10) This will likely be a very long post when fully edited, so I'll get right to it. So as some of you are aware, there are a number of unique and set items (will ignore rare ones for now as that would be too much to calculate as you'll see in a moment), with modifiers such as say deadly strike based on vitality (e.g. Mark of the Dragon slayer jewel). My question or rather request to you all is if you can help me identify the formulas/ratios going on in these items for people to know beforehand. So far I have found the following results:

For jewels
1) the Mark of the Dragon Slayer => Around every 16 to vitality gives 1 to Deadly Strike

For rings
1) Physical Madness => Around every 16 (16 2/3) to vitality gives 1% to Crushing Blow
2) Caster Madness => Around every 16 (16 2/3) to vitality gives 1% to Faster Hit Recovery
3) Physical Nightmare =>
4) Caster Nightmare =>Around every 16 (16 2/3) to vitality to vitality gives 1% to Faster Run/Walk

For amulets
1) Physical Horror =>
2) Caster Horror => Around every 16 to vitality gives 1% to Faster Cast Rate

For Weapons
1) Frostfire => every 8 points to dexterity gives 1% to extra fire and cold damage
2) Acid Injector => over every 5 points (around 5.4) to dexterity gives 1% to Faster Run/Walk
3) Physical Insanity => over every 5 points (around 5.3) to strength gives 1% to Increased Attack Speed.

For Helmet
1) The Shrieking Lich => around every (60 to 65)% to Faster Cast Rate gives +1 to all skills
2) The Cow Queen Horns => every 1.86% (or almost 2%) to magic find gives 1 extra point to vitality
3) The Crown of the High Heavens => around every 16 (16.3) points to vitality gives 1% to Faster Hit Recovery

For Armor
1) The Cow Queen Hide => every 15% to magic find gives 1% to Faster Cast Rate

For gloves
1) Hysteria => for every 4% of Increased Attack Speed you have, the gloves gives 1% life steal

For boots
1) Thread of Valusia => around every 5 to 6 points to strength gives 1% to Deadly Strike
2) The Cow Queen Boots =>every 15% to magic find gives 1% to dexterity

Notes
1) I understand that the next patch may change the above results.
2) I will ignore for now including items that gives stats based on character levels.

rrra
05-27-2016, 10:22 AM
cow shako mf/vita is exactly 2:1 btw.

norak
05-28-2016, 07:23 AM
Cranebreak war spike gives i think plus 20 to raven , so its best weapon for raven druid

Lampogriz
05-28-2016, 07:24 AM
doesn't it give only 3 to raven for dudu?

vaudeville
05-28-2016, 08:58 AM
cow shako mf/vita is exactly 2:1 btw.

That wasn't the result I got.

vaudeville
05-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Cranebreak war spike gives i think plus 20 to raven , so its best weapon for raven druid

Ah cool, never noticed that treasure before. Thanks.

norak
05-28-2016, 04:44 PM
doesn't it give only 3 to raven for dudu?

not sure

vaudeville
05-30-2016, 11:19 AM
11) The following is based on the assumption that a shapeshifting druid is used (with a corrupted lightsaber) with ravens (just 1 point on such).

So the question is, how exactly does prevent monster heal work? Does it last for some small period like open wounds? Would it be sensible to rely on ravens to prevent monster heal or would the monster begin to heal as soon as I hit it them without prevent monster heal on my weapon (granted I expect such to stop the moment my ravens start attacking again).

On another note, does anyone have some general idea (at least some minimum number) how quickly and how much bosses can regenerate (forget monsters since most will die too quickly anyway)?

vaudeville
05-30-2016, 12:01 PM
12) In general regarding conviction, but specifically regarding the runewords malevolent and/or infinity

A) If you have malevolent on and your mercenary has infinity, they should stack correct?
B) Exactly how much (if any) levels on conviction is necessary to remove the following immunities:

I) Physical (seems at most a level 9 conviction aura should remove such)
II) Poison (also seems at most a level 9 or 12 conviction aura should remove such for most enemies/bosses)
III) Fire
IV) Cold
V) Lightning

Mephisto
05-30-2016, 02:14 PM
U should read Arreat Summit, it will provide u with alot of answers!

For example, Merc + Player aura, never stacks, Conviction lowering physical resist? Never been that way, thats the aura that Sha's Sword provides. Conviction does lower ''defense'' tho, take a look @ Arreat, contains alot of info :)

vaudeville
05-30-2016, 03:45 PM
I have checked the site. And I've seen the physical immunity disappear when someone had conviction vs someone that doesn't otherwise I wouldn't ask.

vaudeville
06-03-2016, 05:48 PM
13) Has anyone seen the +X% increased attributes on rare gloves (note that I've seen such on boots and the % I put)

vaudeville
06-04-2016, 08:36 PM
14) Since 10% magic damage is a level 3 enchantment, is it better for a blessed hammer paladin to use paladin enchantment scrolls since that will buff concentration and hammers or will the extra magic damage be better (I take it the reverse is true for searing light)?

vaudeville
06-04-2016, 11:42 PM
15) This will be more of a recommendation than question: I.e. which do those familiar with the Smiter build prefer. Might, Concentrate, or Fanatacism (and if needed conviction) for your aura(s). You may list which offensive auras you use from least to greatest for that build.

vaudeville
06-06-2016, 02:20 AM
Another long one and probably difficult to answer at least in complete detail so here goes. Bare in mind that I have a decent idea what most of the following do, but I'm not aware with how exactly effective they are.

16) What exactly are the effects especially in terms of damage, what kind of damage is done, etc. for the following auras, skills, CTCs, etc.:

a) the Pestilence Aura on the Husk of Kaalut or Trag Oul's True Disguise
b) the Unholy Aura on either the Skull of the Unclean or Death's Advance
c) the Amplify Magic Aura on the Divinity Gauntlets
d) the Massive Regeneration Aura on the Devil's Bargain
e) The golem aura on Goka Uln (which also increases the life of players slightly?)

f) Eviscerate on SSs'Haa Primordial Fang
g) the Sindragosa dragon on Frostmourne
h) Crucify on the Paladin Abyss Sphere
i) Heaven's Justice and Slice of Heaven on El'Druin
j) Nephalem's Flame on Khalim's Hope
k) Pounce on Full Moon (definitely would like to know what kind of damage this should be doing)
l) Mark of the Twins on Hysteria
m) Bloodlust on Hysteria or Gae Bolg
n) Quill Storm on the Corrupted Stormshield
o) Forked Lightning on Thunderfury
p) Psionic Storm on Nephalem's Birthright
q) Tera Flame on the Sorceress Abyss Sphere
r) Meteror Rain on the Buster Sword (and don't tell me its a limit break)
s) vanish on Trickster's Mischief

vaudeville
06-06-2016, 06:06 PM
17) Just to clarify 10% (or more from Trickster's Mischief) extra trap damage can or cannot affect such skills as shock web, fire blast, or shuriken flip?

Game
06-06-2016, 06:15 PM
17) Just to clarify 10% (or more from Trickster's Mischief) extra trap damage can or cannot affect such skills as shock web, fire blast, or shuriken flip?

I'll answer this one for now, there is no trap damage mod in the upcoming patch. Traps will benefit from extra lightning / fire % damage mods on items. They will also benefit from lightning / fire pierce mods as well.

vaudeville
06-06-2016, 06:18 PM
I'll answer this one for now, there is no trap damage mod in the upcoming patch. Traps will benefit from extra lightning / fire % damage mods on items. They will also benefit from lightning / fire pierce mods as well.

So that modifier will be removed both from Trickster's Mischief, the Assassin abyss sphere, and scrolls with the next patch?

Game
06-06-2016, 07:04 PM
So that modifier will be removed both from Trickster's Mischief, the Assassin abyss sphere, and scrolls with the next patch?

Correct.

vaudeville
06-07-2016, 03:11 AM
18) Weapon modifiers should work for a shield throw Barbarian correct (for example, if I had X% life steal on the weapon or Y% crushing blow)?

vaudeville
06-08-2016, 06:06 PM
19) Another recommendation question which I would recommend be answered after the reset. In any case, the question is what shield is recommended to be used by a Physical Javazon or Shapeshifting Druid?

Lucid
06-09-2016, 01:03 PM
9) recommended weapon to use as summonerdruid: Azurewrath (at least i took it. It has some nice damagebuffs + dr + @llres aura etc. Since fcr / ias doesnt have an effect on MoC its not necessary to have it on the weapon :3)
This is only what i have found after searching a while.... probably there are still better onces (especially now with the buffed rares, maybe)

to 8c) crushing blow isnt really needed on MoC since your ravens have a TON of crushing blow. If there are not 100 monsters on the screen, you will definitly notice your ravens cb. At least if theres only 1 monster (or a boss) the ravens cb feels like totally overpowered :3)

whats the biggest deal with summoners right now is, that physical immunes are pretty much always immune... You can try to get amp. damage or decrepify on your merc but it will be instantly over"buffed" by your ravens blind... Thats one thing that makes the class completly unplayable for me

vaudeville
06-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Lucid I was thinking Azurewrath may be a good choice if anything else.

rrra
06-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Yeah I will be running insight runeword or cthulu weapon barring any better items/changes. Being able to spam MoC is too good imo. If I get a cowset for him, azurewrath might be my next choice.

Game
06-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Yeah I will be running insight runeword or cthulu weapon barring any better items/changes. Being able to spam MoC is too good imo. If I get a cowset for him, azurewrath might be my next choice.

Just a heads up, MoC functions completely different in 4.0. It is no longer a channel, so you may be switching things up!

vaudeville
06-10-2016, 12:52 AM
20) ...probably a stupid question especially having played around with both blessed hammers and searing light, but the way to play a hammerdin properly is to use both skills (not saying you must max both and its synergies but that you should use both together) since searing light is supposed to slow down the enemies (and reduce their magic resistance) at the very least correct?