PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Rare Items

vaudeville
06-09-2016, 06:02 PM
The following will likely be nothing new to anyone that's been around since the 3.2 patch, but, for a refresher and for those new to the server, the following may either be a useful reminder or good information.

So basically the following will be a list of potential modifiers you can find on rare items. I will not list all of such since a lot of them aren't worth it, you could probably find better modifiers from certain unique or set items (I may very likely briefly touch certain modifiers you can find on weapons), and/or because I might accidentally miss a few, but I'll try to list the ones I think count the most (especially regarding the type of build you want to go for). I will break the following into particular item types (gloves, boots, rings, etc.) for each post.

vaudeville
06-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Gloves

1) (1 to 10)% damage reduction
2) 4 to (certain character class skills such as +4 to bow and amazon skills)
3) (1 to 20)% increased attributes
4) (1 to 10)% life steal?
5) (20 to 40) life per hit
6) (1 to 30) to any attribute
7) (1 to 30) to any resistance
8) (1 to 25)% bonus to attack rating
9) (1 to ?)% to IAS

Notes
1) I put a question mark on life steal percentage because hitting ctrl on one item I had on such gave me no range of value that life steal can be (I know that such can be at least from 3% to 5%).

vaudeville
06-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Boots

1) (1 to 10)% damage reduction
2) 1 to all skills
3) (1 to 20)% increased attributes
4) (1 to 5)% maximum resistances
5) (1 to ?)% to any resistance

Notes
1) I'll get back on the round figure any resistance can be (right now I think the most I remember was somewhere between 30 to 40)

vaudeville
06-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Shields

1) (1 to 20)% damage reduction
2) (10 to 40)% FHR

3) 3 sockets
4) (1 to 5)% maximum resistances
5) Cannot be frozen

vaudeville
06-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Rings

1) 2 to all skills
2) (1 to 10)% increased attributes
3) (1 to 40) to any resistance
4) (10 to 20) to FCR
5) 20% IAS
6) (1 to 5)% life steal

vaudeville
06-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Swords (though this probably applies to all weapons)

1) (10 to 500)% enhanced damage
2) (25 to 350%) damage to the undead
3) (25 to 350%) damage to demons
4) Maximum damage based on character level

5) (10 to 60)% IAS
6) 45% Bonus AR
7) (1 to 9)% life steal
8) (1 to 20)% crushing blow

8) 4 sockets
9) splash damage
10) knockback
11) (-1 to ?) physical resistance

vaudeville
06-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Armor

1) 1 to teleport
2) 3 sockets
3) 3 to all skills
4) (1 to 200)% enhanced damage
5) (3 to 5)% to maximum resistances
6) (1 to 10)% to crushing blow
7) (5 to 50)% to any resistance
8) (1 to 20)% damage reduction
9) (10 to 40)% FHR
10) Cannot be frozen

vaudeville
06-09-2016, 07:32 PM
General recommendations given the above information.

In the long run, rare armor won't be necessary to have (with the possible exception for a physical build if such has incredible modifiers), but if you should seek to have one then make sure it has 1 to teleport.

As mentioned most builds will likely need even in the long run at least 1 to 2 rare items (usually gloves and/or boots) unless the new patch rectifies this (which I doubt since rare gloves and boots can give very good modifiers). In particular the following builds should (to my knowledge need the following):

For amazon builds
1) For bowzons => rare gloves
2) For physical javazons => rare gloves, boots, and (imo) shield

For barbarian builds
1) For buffing barbarians => rare gloves and amulet
2) For frenzy barbarians => rare boots

For druid builds
1) For summoning druids => rare gloves, boots, rings, and weapon?
2) For elemental druids => rare gloves and weapon?
3) For shapeshifting druids => rare gloves (though steelrend is ok) and boots

For necromancer builds
1) For golem or summoning necromancers => rare gloves, boots, and rings

For paladin builds
1) For blessed hammers paladin builds => rare boots
2) For physical paladin builds => rare boots and (maybe) a rare weapon and shield

Notes
1) You could settle with rare rings instead of occulus rings for buffing barbarians.

2) As of now anyone, there doesn't seem to be any particularly great druid weapon for either the summoning or fire elemental druid (could use frostmourne for the cold elemental druid or possibly earth shifter in general if you want to defense or less damage reduction). You may just be better off with Aldur's Rhythm if you have the set.

3) Physical paladin builds is meant to refer to zeal paladins that won't be using cold or lightning damage material to boost their damage. Sss'haa's Primordial Fang (as of now anyway) is a pretty good weapon in this case though keep in mind that you can get some insane damage ranges for certain single handed rare weapons (I've seen someone found a gladius that gave up to over 900 damage).

4) Hysteria would be fine to use for a physical javazon or even Shape-shifting Druid especially against bosses.