PDA

View Full Version : Can't start up diablo, ask for cd

rattan
06-14-2016, 07:34 AM
I got this problem atm and idk how to fix it...
Used the full installer that was included
http://i.imgur.com/umX5SQe.png

tragos
06-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Have you patched to 1.13d ?

rattan
06-14-2016, 09:12 AM
All I have done is what was listed in the guide, not more or less. Would that be relevant to the problem? If so please either link me to the patch download or lmk how I should proceed

tragos
06-14-2016, 02:26 PM
First install diablo 2 then download and install this patch : http://www.4players.de/4players.php/download_info/Downloads/Download/54888/Diablo_2_Lord_of_Destruction/Patch_113d.html if that link wont work google : download diablo 1.13d patch
then just install patch and follow the instructions to install annihilus :http://annihilus.net/content.php?r=128-connect-install-guide . it should work if the problem persists add me on skype : tragos-anni

rattan
06-14-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm still getting the error, I also can't open up "Diablo II", missing some dll. This is bothering me too much

tragos
06-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Do you use windows xp?
Have you ever been able to play the game from your computer?
add me on skype?
have you completely deleted the game re installed?
whats the missing dll?

rattan
06-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Windows 7
You are obviously fairly new to this server so i'll ignore the question if I played here before.
I'll consider adding you on skype.
I have reinstalled everything twice.
The missing dll is ijl11.dll, it only shows up when trying to start diablo from the original icon

tragos
06-16-2016, 03:02 AM
I didn't asked if you played here before, but if you ever been able to play the game from your pc (you might have changed pc for any reason)
If you would like to I could help you out with team viewer but unfortunately as I can see your computer language is unknown to me so at least I suggest you to reinstall but this time have your antivirus and firewall off, If you use kaspersky turn it off cause i had some issues with it some months ago it's a bit tricky. Wish you luck

Game
06-16-2016, 09:08 AM
Windows 7
You are obviously fairly new to this server so i'll ignore the question if I played here before.
I'll consider adding you on skype.
I have reinstalled everything twice.
The missing dll is ijl11.dll, it only shows up when trying to start diablo from the original icon

Lol that was pretty rude / awkward, considering he never even asked that. Conceited much rattan? :)

rattan
06-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Yeah I could have worded it better... Just generally annoyed at stuff atm and this is getting me upset for some reason, sorry for that!
edit: The language is swedish as it's my native language, i'd prefer if my computer would be set to english for various reasons but I can't be asked honestly.
Add me on skype at rattan-zz and let's see what we can do (unless you already have, someone added me today and I just pressed accept for some reason)

LordManhammer
06-16-2016, 02:27 PM
This happened to me this morning after Windows defender deleted the Annihilus launcher and installer saying that they contained a trojan. Windows defender gets reset to it's default active protection after an update:) Anyways, I had to download and reinstall the Annihilus installer(make sure you turn off windows defender first or it will just happen all over again).

LordManhammer
06-16-2016, 02:29 PM
Make sure you choose the correct folder to download it to(diablo2 folder) otherwise it will install in your downloaded folder and you'll get the "insert CDROM" message again:)

rattan
06-16-2016, 02:32 PM
I thought the "full installer" was a good to go copy? Or do I actually have to get a normal d2 copy first and patch it there?! Was I fooled?! :O

rattan
06-16-2016, 02:54 PM
So I had an exeption in my firewall and all that for the d2 files, I took an existing copy of d2 (not a fresh one but I overwrote the files) and now I get this message.
http://i.imgur.com/ZLeoEYY.png
Basically stands ok/cancel

acyroma
06-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Resolved

vaudeville
06-18-2016, 07:17 AM
Just recently had the same problem. Seems to be ok for now though.