PDA

View Full Version : smiter and Lich king

Doomex
06-24-2016, 02:43 PM
i need help with my smiter , i tryed him against lich king and he cant stand against him more than 10 sec
i use gris set + draculs + naturs ring for prevent heal + gore boots
with baba bo and dru oak he have 9k life , 80all ress, 62dr,75 block
and die like a fly

LordManhammer
06-24-2016, 03:22 PM
Slow target is your friend:) Make sure you have as close to 100% CB as you can get. Have enough IAS to counteract his holy freeze aura and decrepify curse. Use teleport to move around in the frozen throne. Slowing effects don't effect cast speed:) If you want to get really fancy, you can use a Plaguebringer and conviction aura combo to poison smite him. Poison...teleport...poison...teleport...wait for him to die:)

P.S. If you're going to solo him, you'd be better off using a poison necro with a clay golem or just poison him using a Blackbog's Sharp dagger. It has 60% slow target. Once you tag him and he slows down you can easily teleport away from danger and let the poison do it's job.

Doomex
06-24-2016, 04:05 PM
so....gris set is uselles in this case .....must gear him with some else for teleport
i dont have plaguebringer.....
will also try with necro

Lampogriz
06-24-2016, 04:06 PM
dont forget to post full gris set to wiki

LordManhammer
06-24-2016, 04:20 PM
I'll post the sets that have to the wiki later.

LordManhammer
06-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Maybe Diablo can chime in on what he uses to run LK. I think he uses a Pally.

Mephisto
06-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Yep. Smiter, cold stack and increased res is ur friend vs lichking try to get 95 max res and as much stack as possible. If u rly wanna cake it add some raven rings.

LordManhammer
06-24-2016, 05:00 PM
I just tested a couple smite gear setups. First I used the Gris weapon and armor, Veil of Steel, Nosferatu's Coil(20% slow target), Madusa's Gaze shield(40% slow target), Seraph's Hymn ammy for res, 2X Pally SOJ rings, Death's Advance, and Laying of Hand's bramble mitts. I prebuffed with Burst of Speed(Warshrike winged knifed in weapon swap) and Holy Shield. It took a couple minutes to kill him with this setup using Smite and Fanaticism aura. Died twice.

Next I swapped the Gris weapon for a Plaguebringer socketed with two shael runes and used a lvl 25 Conviction aura. That took a little over a minute with no deaths.

The rings, gloves, and boots are not imortant. Just make sure you get good movement speed, IAS and CB. The Gris weapon is decent because of it's four sockets. You can throw in a three Ber and a Sur to cap your CB and get a little more slow target. Any increased poison skill and -poison res gear will help with the PB setup. My pally isn't lvl 90 yet otherwise I would have used Husk of Kaalut. Hope this helps. Happy hunting:)

P.S. I clear Plaguelands with my Barb and camp him in the corner of the Frozen Throne for BO:)

Doomex
06-24-2016, 06:07 PM
ty all for efforts ,that was very helpfull , will meet lich king again tommorow:)