PDA

View Full Version : How to play on regular Diablo II again?

suezo
07-07-2016, 12:53 AM
So with D2PK down, I realized I still want to play on regular battle net servers. Tried Annihilus but I still prefer the old Diablo II (I'm more of a PvP guy, so I'd like to stick with what I'm familiar with). Is there a way to have access to both D2PK and regular Diablo II at the same time?
I've tried to get rid of Annihilus and even uninstalled/installed Diablo II from battle net twice already, still won't allow me to connect. Would I have to completely get rid of Annihilus to do this? If so, how? I think it's got something to do with the registry, which I have no clue how to fix.
I still enjoy D2PK but also want to enjoy regular D2.
Would appreciate any help with this, thanks!

Lampogriz
07-07-2016, 01:11 AM
Probably you got 2 week ip ban if you tried to connect to battle.net with downloaded diablo2 client from my ftp, cd keys are not valid.

suezo
07-10-2016, 08:01 PM
I think you're right. I can connect to USWest or any other region just fine, only USEast I cannot. I wonder if there's a way to stay on version 1.13d Diablo II from digital download? It seems my copy just auto updates to 1.14 when I download so I would have no choice but to use the Full Installer, which I think restricts me from going back to regular servers. I'd really like to play on both D2PK and regular battle net.

Game
07-10-2016, 08:25 PM
I think you're right. I can connect to USWest or any other region just fine, only USEast I cannot. I wonder if there's a way to stay on version 1.13d Diablo II from digital download? It seems my copy just auto updates to 1.14 when I download so I would have no choice but to use the Full Installer, which I think restricts me from going back to regular servers. I'd really like to play on both D2PK and regular battle net.

Use the digital download and install it to a separate folder than the D2PK / Annihilus folder. You're definitely ipbanned because you tried to connect to east on a modified version. You'll have to wait it out or use a VPN in the meantime!

suezo
07-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Use the digital download and install it to a separate folder than the D2PK / Annihilus folder. You're definitely ipbanned because you tried to connect to east on a modified version. You'll have to wait it out or use a VPN in the meantime!

Been trying to install Annihilus(Full Install) again a few times now and this keeps popping up:
Checksum error in d2data.mpq
Unexpected end of archive

It worked flawlessly before, so not sure what's going on.
Any suggestions?
I realize this is probably on the wrong thread now, sorry.

Game
07-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Been trying to install Annihilus(Full Install) again a few times now and this keeps popping up:
Checksum error in d2data.mpq
Unexpected end of archive

It worked flawlessly before, so not sure what's going on.
Any suggestions?
I realize this is probably on the wrong thread now, sorry.

Sounds like the download didn't finish all the way, that message means a corrupted file.

suezo
07-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Sounds like the download didn't finish all the way, that message means a corrupted file.

Yeah for some reason I'm having trouble downloading it all. First couple of times I couldn't even get past 15 MB, now I get near 300 and it stops. Anything else I can do, or should I just keep trying?

Game
07-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Yeah for some reason I'm having trouble downloading it all. First couple of times I couldn't even get past 15 MB, now I get near 300 and it stops. Anything else I can do, or should I just keep trying?

That's very strange. Try using a different browser, if you're using wifi try using ethernet connection temporarily because even a second of internet loss and it'll mess up the download. I think the full size is 2.02 gb.

suezo
07-11-2016, 08:02 PM
I'll try a different browser. I'm on ethernet and I've noticed the download time has increased quite a bit. When I first downloaded it two weeks ago, it was definitely faster. It has also stopped on the "d2data.mpq" file a few times now, not sure if that's significant. Maybe there are other issues affecting it but I'll try to figure it out and keep trying.

Game
07-11-2016, 08:12 PM
I'll try a different browser. I'm on ethernet and I've noticed the download time has increased quite a bit. When I first downloaded it two weeks ago, it was definitely faster. It has also stopped on the "d2data.mpq" file a few times now, not sure if that's significant. Maybe there are other issues affecting it but I'll try to figure it out and keep trying.

Alrighty. Several have downloaded and used it with no problem, but I have heard this issue from just a couple of other users as well. Wish I knew what you all had in common!