View Full Version : Hit a wall

Sadpancakez
07-12-2016, 01:22 AM
so in my recent play ive hit a sort of wall of progression and i dont know how to get over it, it seems like i need to get good gear to farm for good gear, idk what to do currently playing orb sorc but taking any and all suggestions

Lucid
07-12-2016, 02:15 AM
Where is your wall? Normal content should be no problem at all, or? As orb sorc im pretty sure you will have a hard time to get into endgame content... She is not as tanky as other classes, has no pets and the singletarget isnt the best too.
If you want to stay orb sorc anyways, i think its your best bet to make hellcows with as many mules as you can handle in. Then there should drop a good amount of highrunes, that will get you rich enough to buy tals set + decent merc gear. Id suggest to go act 5 merc as he is the most tankiest and then go inferno or so.

If you want to maybe try something else, and want suggestions to whats good for a start, then i would say summoner druid/werebear. Or one of the other recomendations that are in the character and guides forum.

norak
07-12-2016, 02:18 AM
make a shield throw barb for mfing, and you are instantly over the wall man

I use najs staff on switch on my baba for teleport , have to repair very often but worth it.

Lucid
07-12-2016, 02:25 AM
A summoner druid can transition into nado druid, which is prolly the most average powerful class atm. But there are plently of endgame viable specs now. Especially with the sorcresses enchantskill, every elemental spec gets a huge boost.

Sadpancakez
07-12-2016, 11:03 AM
I just dont have the items or the gear to switch to and more endgame item build my sorc has all tal's and is wearing a spirit shield but the oonly thing i can really do is hell cows sooooo like idk what to do

Lucid
07-12-2016, 12:13 PM
a shieldthrow barb or summoner druid are pretty cheap. All you need is their set and fill the rest of the slots with rares you find. This pieces can be found in hellcows.

Or farm for highrunes and buy the pieces. Sorcs are pretty much the worst class atm to transition into endgame, if you ask me...

Sadpancakez
07-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Could you help me out and maybe give me a basic sheild throw barb build

LordManhammer
07-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Shield throw barb:
20 points in Mace Mastery
20 points in Shield Throw
20 points in Shout and Battle Orders
1 point in Battle Command
1 point in all of the other passive masteries
1 point in leap and find item

Gear:
IK set
Storm Shield or Madusa's Gaze(or whatever suits your fancy)
2x BK rings
Highlord's Wrath or Mara's or some other GG ammy:)

Get your shouts up and kill everything:)

Edit: I like to use Warshrike in my weapon swap to pre-buff with Burst of Speed. This is a nice buff that adds attack speed and run speed. The Fade skill that casts when struck from the IK chest will cancel out Burst of Speed however. Depending on what you're doing this can be good or annoying. When face tanking Azetoth or the Cow Queen, Fade will reduce the time that you spend morphed, which is nice:) If you are farming act 5 portals and you don't want to be struck, just kite all of the mobs together and then leap to another platform then kill them from range. Hope this helps.

LordManhammer
07-12-2016, 01:05 PM
That build can solo Dreamlands(sans Mappo), R'yleh and Inferno Cows, all three of the act 5 portals(the new act 5 inferno area requires a different class), and Plaguelands. Finding gear for other classes and builds will be a breeze. I rarely stick with just one class or build when tackling content like the Liche King. If you want to solo everything, that's just the name of the game:) Remember to use find item where you can. I've found all of my Key to the Court of Justice, Cthogga puzzle boxes, and trag marks using find item on the monster's courpses in Plagueland. Stitches can drop extra divine gems that way as well.

Sadpancakez
07-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Thanks to all for the help really appreciate it!

LordManhammer
07-12-2016, 02:23 PM
A summoner druid can transition into nado druid, which is prolly the most average powerful class atm. But there are plently of endgame viable specs now. Especially with the sorcresses enchantskill, every elemental spec gets a huge boost.

I'd be interested in a guide or quick overview of that Druid Nado build you're speaking of. Especially the gear, sockets, enchants, etc. If ya don't mind:)

Lucid
07-12-2016, 02:43 PM
I'd be interested in a guide or quick overview of that Druid Nado build you're speaking of. Especially the gear, sockets, enchants, etc. If ya don't mind:)

Made it on hc, so i just say what i am using :3 there will be better gears on sc maybe:

Nightwings helm
Druid maras
Ravenfrost rings
Hoto (would like to have a frostmourne here...)
A rare shield with +3skills, 30/20block, DR and adds (maybe use stormshield?)
Rare boots (would like to have lk's)
Rare belt (would like to have lk's)
A rare armor that has 3all/1teleport skill with nice adds (or Odium) - on sc you may want tele enchant and sanctuarys balance :3

Cta/tyrant club uniq for enchant prebuffing, if you have no sorc and barb.

Go for cold chants and cold jools, elemental gcs etc and ofcourse prime charm, since it triples your nado dmg...

The skilltree mostly looks like vanilla eledruid. Full ele tree, all summons one point and full oak sage. You will have 3 points left that you can sell for nudes or use em.

LordManhammer
07-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Nice. Thank you:)

Thor
07-14-2016, 03:32 PM
make a shield throw barb for mfing, and you are instantly over the wall man

I use najs staff on switch on my baba for teleport , have to repair very often but worth it.

This basically.