PDA

View Full Version : Video: Pulling and positioning for Kaalut and K'nar'st

duderominus
07-12-2016, 02:58 AM
AKA How to Cheese the Dreamlands(particularly with an IK Shield Throw barb)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NI83KXBH7I&feature=youtu.be

Positioning makes all the difference in certain fights. This is a guide to exploiting the shit out of it. K'nar'st has one ability you need to avoid: Tornado. Kaalut has one ability you need to avoid: acid rain.

K'nar'st(3 phases): don't get hit by Tornado.

the pull: after killing griswald, gradually walk slowly behind the burning north-eastern house frame(as seen in the video). K'nar'st's large agro range will pick you up before any other mob 99% of the time and he'll run at/tele to you. If he goes inside of the burning house, stay on the other side of the wall until he teleports to you. When he's actively capable of getting to you, move to phase 1.

phase 1(0:15): k'nar'st is aggressive, healthy, and coming at you. Position your character in the south/east corner of griswald's square in Tristram, and don't move until phase 2.

phase 2(0:40): k'nar'st is low health and keeping his distance. move to the center of Griswald's square and don't move(except to dodge Tornado/re-aggro k'nar'st). If k'nar'st gets out of range or teleports behind the wall, wait for him to teleport back. He always teleports just to the left of your character. Stay put and keep damaging him until he dies.

Kaalut: Kaalut has one ability you need to not get hit by; acid rain. Acid rain dramatically reverses your health regen, which can only be negated by curse negating effects.

In the cheesiest of positioning tricks(1:05 in video), stand where Kaalut's acid rain can't get to(1:15 in the video, notice how the Acid Rain is only falling on the left side of the fence) and don't move. Kaalut's other abilities don't do that much damage to a mid-geared character, so you shouldn't have to do anything else.

If you fuck up, or just get bad luck and Kaalut leaves his pin, lure him back in after you die and try again. Always TP before you engage the boss.

SSS'haa and the eyeball are tank-and-spank engagements. I skip SSS'haa if she's got physical immune, cursed, or stone skin(not worth the time/deaths). I don't do Mappo.

Bonus video of a less lucky encounter with K'nar'st(phys immune, mana burn), which should display the methods I use a bit better(3:37):
Phase one: 0:24
Phase two: 1:48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXyzZmOHWbk

BONUS BONUS Video:

Sss'haa strategy for mid/close-range classes:

Eviscerate, Sss'haa's big mid/long range ability, will do 2k+ damage each throw. In order to mitigate this, position Sss'haa in such a way that your ability will hit him, AND the Serpent Men, both, reliably. You want to be leeching off of the Serpent Men while you kill Sss'haa.

If Sss'haa is bouncing around or is behind Serpent Men, and you can't land reliable hits on her, move away and let the pack sort themselves in a more favorable way. If you're not hitting serpent men, DODGE eviscerate. Life Leech on Sss'haa is too unreliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vblv3Y2MAdA

Lucid
07-12-2016, 03:37 AM
Nice guide! Imma try this knarst tactic with my trapsin these days. Ive searched for a spot like this, where knarst is always back in :) otherwise i set a ton of traps everywhere and teleport alot

Doomex
07-12-2016, 11:24 AM
what rings amu use for that build?

Lucid
07-12-2016, 12:15 PM
best ring is probably bul kathos wedding band, due to -10% physical enemy resist. As amulet i would suggest to get a highlords for start. Im pretty sure nephalems or maras maybe a better choice, but highlords is cheaper and easier to get.

LordManhammer
07-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Slow target makes K'nar'st a lot easier to deal with. Using your method and if you choose to just run to his spawn point and face tank him there. Madusa's Gaze aegis shield is a great way to get slow target. Also, if you're cheesin' Kaalut and he comes over to your side of the wall, just leap over to his side. As long as there is a wall between you and him, it's all good:)

Nice guide by the way. Well done.

duderominus
07-12-2016, 03:43 PM
what rings amu use for that build?

I use saracen's ammy for the extra 10% chance to amp damage, and for rings, I use two nagels. I used to use two BK rings, but in full IK, two nagels can put you over the 400% MF soft cap with gheeds charm and ptopazes filling the IK helm and body. I sub a nagel for a raven frost when I want to do the act5 portals and rarely die.

Nice guide by the way. Well done.

Nice guide! Imma try this knarst tactic with my trapsin these days. Ive searched for a spot like this, where knarst is always back in :) otherwise i set a ton of traps everywhere and teleport alot

tyvm

duderominus
07-14-2016, 05:38 PM

assassin strategy... i kinda like it better, heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnczm54T7X4

LordManhammer
07-14-2016, 06:58 PM
Now that is some serious cheese.

Lucid
07-15-2016, 12:13 AM
assassin strategy... i kinda like it better, heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnczm54T7X4

Lol :D fighting knarst with his own tactic xD i like it. But for me its mostly cuz he teleports away :) i have no survival issues at all and just want him to lock somewhere, where i dont habe to set my traps over and over agai n while chasing him :) so imma stay with the barbs tactic