View Full Version : Dying Against New Added Content Is Annoying

Savior
07-26-2016, 07:10 AM
Title of the topic pretty much says it all. And the majority of players I've met on this realm agree with me.
In the original Diablo 2, the point of the game was pretty much to make your character strong enough to not die.
But the added content here is so hard that no matter what character you make you'll die no matter what you do.
I think lowering the damage the bosses do or adding full rejuvenation potions to the vendors would be a good idea.
I say this because I've never been so frustrated playing Diablo 2 in my life, until I came to play here on Annihilus.
Basically Annihilus in my opinion, is flawed in this one way, and could be better if this wasn't a problem.
I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I just feel like Annihilus would benefit by changing this in some way.
I can only imagine how impossible hardcore is to play here, it's pretty much not even an option at this point.
I play everyday and after two minutes of playing I don't even know what to do because no matter where I go I'll die.
After that happens I log off and stop playing, and I'm not the only person who does this or feels this way.
Annihilus is losing players because the difficulty is so hard that it doesn't make sense, this should be fixed.

Mephisto
07-26-2016, 07:28 AM
Im not dying that much, the problem from what i see is, everyone is trying to get the most dmg they can when their DR%, FHR, Stacked res etc etc etc is not that good. Try to get 95 RES, and some stack ( at least 150 res ). Lichking for example can be completely absorbed with a raven and a snowclash if u got stack res. The only thing that seems to be hard to counter is Multi Shot mappo, when he shoots that red magic screenspam. This can be countered most of the time by staying in melee-range. Like i said try getting 75% Damage reduced and stuff like max block, at least try to aim for a nice fhr breakpoint, and some stacked res. Dont be affraid to use absorb when u feel ur needed to! Oh and dont forget to use Antidote Potions and Thawing Potions :)
Good luck!

PS:
http://classic.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/potions/thawing.gif Thawing Potion
This potion instantly removes ill effects from cold spells. You also receive +50 Cold Resistance and +10 to Maximum Cold Resistance for 30 seconds. If monsters or other players start using long lasting cold attacks you may want to start using thawing potions. They can be purchased from the Potion Vendors.

http://classic.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/potions/antidote.gif This potion cures poison instantly. You also receive +50 Poison Resistance and +10 to Maximum Resistance for 30 seconds.

Savior
07-26-2016, 07:42 AM
I do have Max DR%, Max Block, resists stacked around 300+ on each, some may not be 95 but still, it shouldn't be needed.
And a decent amount of FHR, and even with more, it still wouldn't save my life.
Basically what you've just explained is, you have to go completely balls out just to as you said "not die that much".
I've seen you online, you're probably one of the strongest players on the entire server, and even you die sometimes you're saying.
You have the most gold out of anyone on the server also by far so nothing is unobtainable for you basically.
New players are struggling so hard though, they're having a harder time than I am.
I have a thunderfury paladin that can pretty much kill anything, but he cant survive anything.
I can go into plaguelands with my paladin he dies instantly, even the normal monsters in the added areas own me.
And I have some pretty good gear compared to most people and I'm still not happy with the outcome.
I appreciate that information but I pretty much already knew all of what you suggested.
If this added content isn't changed, I myself will probably give up on Annihilus, which is the last thing I want to do honestly.

Mephisto
07-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Well this is a general discussion topic, more people read this so my post wasnt ment to only you, its ment to anyone who reads this thread. I dont see what my gold has to do with this, if ur paladin with all those stats is dying in plagueland then ur doing something wrong.
My smiter is geared all by myself i found all my items myself. I didnt even spent gold making him.

Most new players just want to jump into Dreamlands or Inferno day 1, thats not how it works..

PS. Try get a source of life steal/hit/tap, thats what ur pala seems to be missing.

Savior
07-26-2016, 08:12 AM
Well I'm aware you weren't only speaking to me, I was just giving my opinion on what you said.
I wasn't aware you didn't spend any gold to get what you have, but if you didn't, you must've spent a lot of time getting it.
And that's another problem, not everyone has all the time in the world to play each and every day.
I myself have a lot of time, but even all the time I spend seems to get me nowhere because all I do is die all day.
I also wasn't referring to players who've been playing for only a few days.
There are people who have been playing since the ladder reset and are still having trouble.
I've been playing everyday since the ladder reset myself and I'm still having trouble.
I meet people daily who are in a worse position than I am and have no clue what to do to get around it.

I have also tried both life tap and life steal and neither seem to be enough to keep me alive.
I've also played Diablo 2 for a long time, so I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Indo
07-26-2016, 09:02 AM
You just gotta be good imo

LordManhammer
07-26-2016, 09:34 AM
We have covered this soooooo many times. This isn't vanilla D2. It's going to be harder but the gear will balance that out. If you go back through all of the old threads you will find discussions that lay out the details of strategies for handling the new content. Certain bosses are going to take certain gear setups just like Mephisto said. Shit, you can clear most of the new content with the elite class sets (depending on the class:) ) and they are easy to farm for. If you would like advice then by all means ask for it, these guys are more than willing to give it but the difficulty of end game content doesn't need a nerf.

rastamun1234
07-26-2016, 09:44 AM
My ik set throw barb can clear a5 inferno areas and ssha kaluut othyueg plague lands but he takes forever to kill licht king. I would say to just try a different class for now.

LordManhammer
07-26-2016, 09:47 AM
My ik set throw barb can clear a5 inferno areas and ssha kaluut othyueg plague lands but he takes forever to kill licht king. I would say to just try a different class for now.

This. Also, I use my IK Barb to clear PL and then hop in with my Trang poison Necro for a 30 second LK kill. Slow target is your friend. #themoreyouknow. (http://annihilus.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=themoreyouknow.) :)

Savior
07-26-2016, 09:58 AM
I shouldn't have to bring 2 of my own characters into a game to kill 1 area.
I have a IK barb, it kills slow and it sucks against bosses, and mine is pretty good compared to most IK barbs I see.
I expect better results, IK set isn't good enough, barb still dies against the bosses, and kills way to slow for my liking.
Maybe Annihilus just isn't for me, I've never been the type to specifically make 1 character just to do one thing.
I've always had an all purpose character who never dies and can do absolutely everything in the game.
That's always been my goal in Diablo 2 and always will be, If I cant never die, I'm really not interested in playing.
Basically this realm makes you experience in giant letters "YOU LOSE" 1000x a day, and nobody likes losing.
I refuse to get used to this, there should be a way around it, and if there isn't in my opinion it's flawed.

Lampogriz
07-26-2016, 10:03 AM
game's easy

Indo
07-26-2016, 10:13 AM
game's easy

What he said

Savior
07-26-2016, 10:20 AM
The funny thing is, a lot of the people replying that are saying it's easy are the best players on the entire server.
It may be easy for you guys, but there are a lot of people who are struggling far more than you guys could ever imagine.
I consider myself a very good player, and I'm finding this to be extremely hard, even though I'm a pretty decent player.
I know a lot of people who currently play Annihilus who are even worse than I am, so just imagine how they feel.
Having the difficulty this hard is like saying, "be the best of the best or you'll always lose", there is no in between.
I often wonder if all the effort I put in on this server is even worth it, and the answer is obviously no.
Everyday I try to make my characters better somehow, in someway, and nothing ever changes.
So why keep trying, why play here, why make myself more angry at myself and this game.
There's no reason for me to blame myself for not being able to survive this added content.
Because there is no way to survive it, because it was made to be too hard, it's not enjoyable.
If you guys enjoy doing grueling repetitive tasks over and over, go for it, I for one am done wasting my time.

Doomex
07-26-2016, 10:20 AM
+1 for ik throw barb , clear plague and dreamland without mappo , its cheap and die very rare.
change to barb or dru and u will see difference

rastamun1234
07-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Well my Nado druid pretty much clears everything and very rarely dies. I mfd all my gear from my sorcerer to make him or traded for hrs. Top end gear would have little value If everything was cleared easily by any class.

rastamun1234
07-26-2016, 10:33 AM
It took me about a month and a half to get geared for my druid though

Lampogriz
07-26-2016, 11:04 AM
The funny thing is, a lot of the people replying that are saying it's easy are the best players on the entire server.
It may be easy for you guys, but there are a lot of people who are struggling far more than you guys could ever imagine.
I consider myself a very good player, and I'm finding this to be extremely hard, even though I'm a pretty decent player.
I know a lot of people who currently play Annihilus who are even worse than I am, so just imagine how they feel.
Having the difficulty this hard is like saying, "be the best of the best or you'll always lose", there is no in between.
I often wonder if all the effort I put in on this server is even worth it, and the answer is obviously no.
Everyday I try to make my characters better somehow, in someway, and nothing ever changes.
So why keep trying, why play here, why make myself more angry at myself and this game.
There's no reason for me to blame myself for not being able to survive this added content.
Because there is no way to survive it, because it was made to be too hard, it's not enjoyable.
If you guys enjoy doing grueling repetitive tasks over and over, go for it, I for one am done wasting my time.

You can post your char build + items and which bosses kills you super fast, so we can give you some tips

LordManhammer
07-26-2016, 11:28 AM
I really feel that you are approaching this all wrong. Everyone of these guys who are telling you that the game is easy are more than willing to tell you how they build their characters to make the game trivial.

Savior
07-26-2016, 12:39 PM
I just don't think any of these people can really help me in the way I want though.
If I cant have a character that doesn't ever die and can actually kill everything I'll never be happy.
It's just what I'm used to having, I'm not used to Diablo 2 being as hard as this is.
I can't see any way for either of my characters to get any better really.
Here's what my paladin has.

I have 2800 Life after BO which is low, but even with Barb BO and Druid Oak Sage, I stil get owned with 7000+ Life.
Max Block
Max DR
Resists all higher than they should have to be.
And plenty of everything else that shouldn't make or break the character.
I do around 800-105k Zeal.
My defense and attack rating are very low, but even more defense wouldn't save me.
And more attack rating wouldn't help much either, because zeal just misses no matter what.
I've played a zealer for years and they just miss, that's their thing, but I've never had a problem dying before.

Thunderfury Sword
Dream Helmet
Elder Of Tristram Armor
Corrupted Stormshield
Neph Amulet
2 Constricting Rings
Scourgelords Belt
Death's Advance Boots
Dracs for Lifetap, Hysteria for Life Steal, neither seem to keep me alive.

And Call To Arms and Spirit on switch.

Max Zeal
Max Lightning Resist
Max Salvation
Level 25 Conviction
As much into Holy Shield as possible after that and 1 into anything else I wanted or needed.

I have around 10 Arcane Essence Small Charms
Paladin Torch
And Annihilus with +3 Zeal
Also the Eye Small Charm

I can kill dreamlands, but they all kill me in 1-3 shots, depending on which one I'm fighting.
And surviving or regaining my life isn't really an option.

Kaalut is the same deal, and the enemies surrounding Kaalut can kill me even faster if I don't kill them 1 by 1.

Inferno Cows take forever for me to kill and if I stop attacking for even 1 second when I get surrounded it's game over.

Act 5 Red Portals, I die instantly and stand no chance, I could kill them all if I didn't die the second I walked in.

Act 3 Swampy Pit, I pretty much die instantly when hit by anything in there, but have no problem killing like usual.

Plaguelands all the little zombies swarm me and kill me faster than I can gain life back, feels like I die instantly.

Lich King 1 shots pretty much everyone ever with his sindragosa attack.

Crucible Bosses own me also.

And I'm sure if I tried any of the other added bosses I'd also die, but I don't even bother trying them because I know I'll just die.
I just find it stupid that the difficulty is set to "Nearly Impossible" on every single added area.

Lampogriz
07-26-2016, 01:16 PM
Try to get tyrael armor, socket with dragon jools/facet/cain jool/bers/whatever
use a2 offensive merc with insanity/guardian/devil's bargain , also try ondal's helm - merc is super important
use splash enchant, ber ber mal in weapon or ber ber ber if u got pmh ench
hystriea gloves only
madness physical ring + cain ring
belials charm + prime + alkors must have
annihilus with lightning mastery
reach 80+ crushing blow and 50+ deadly strike
maybe some ohm runes into sockets for max cold res

but anyway wind dudu or javazon will do dreamlands much easier and less expensive

LordManhammer
07-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Wouldn't a physical smiter be more effective against most bosses? I can see using a light zealer vs Mappo but other than that, I'd stick with Zeal for trash mobs and Smite for the boss. All bosses have a 50% chance to dodge attacks that is calculated separate from the chance to hit formula which is going to make a low attack rating zealer feel even more like garbage vs bosses.

rrra
07-26-2016, 01:54 PM
Its so funny how this exact same thread is basically repeated every other month. I expect it to be to 9 pages long by the next time I check it.

Savior
07-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Well what Lampo just suggested is far from easy to get, which is part of my problem.
Why should every character have to be completely perfect, just to stand a chance against added content.
This is the problem itself, I don't agree with the content being so hard that it's a must to be godly.
Not everyone is capable of getting all those good items, not everyone has that much time.

And to answer Lord, I've just always liked a zealer better, and I've never liked smiters.
I shouldnt have to choose smite, because zeal should be good enough, like it always has been.

But like I said before, you guys could suggest anything and it still wouldnt be good enough.
Because no matter what I wear on any character, it comes right down to the added content is just too powerful.

I appreciate the help everyone's tried to give me, and I hate to be the guy who complains about this stuff.
But I wont have a good place to play Diablo 2 if this isn't changed, and I cant deal with it the way that it is.
I've tried to accept that this is just the way this realm is, but its just not for me, I cant play here the way things are.

Edit: And as for rrra's comment, it's really not funny at all.
Like I said, I'm not the only one who feels this way, because this type of post is an ongoing thing.
Im sure a lot of people enjoy the realm the way it is, but that's what that bunch of people enjoy.
There's an entire other bunch of people who want something different that annihilus isnt offering.
Im aware that nothing will get changed no matter what I say, I just figured I'd voice my opinion.

LordManhammer
07-26-2016, 02:38 PM
Wait what? You shouldn't have to choose smite? You already have points in smite. It's a prerequisite for Holy Shield. It's as easy as pressing a button on your keyboard and switching skills. You might even have to swap a couple pieces of gear. Oh no!!! If you aren't willing utilize every utility that your character has to offer than nothing anyone says to you is going to work. It really just sounds like you paid to win by buying that Thunderfury with gold and are now butthurt because it isn't as powerful as you thought it would or should be. Which IS funny:)

acyroma
07-26-2016, 02:57 PM
If you want to make one character with one skill setup and one gear setup that will never die and can clear all the content, you are playing the wrong private server.

That WILL NEVER happen here. If that was possible, everyone would make that one character, beat all the content and then never play again until we reset ladder. The point of having to build multiple characters is to increase the longevity of each ladder.

Also, I personally have received far more complaints that the game is too easy, not too hard.

Savior
07-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Im just comparing Annihilus to Normal Diablo 2.
On normal D2 I've used a zealer to kill everything with no problem.
On Annihilus not only can a zealer not survive, but not even one of the characters can survive.

Everyone seems to be confusing what I've been saying from the beginning.
My problem is simply, on this realm, dying is a must, and that isnt what diablo 2 is supposed to be like to me.
I've played diablo 2 for aslong as its existed, and never did I ever die as much as I have on annihilus.
It's a drastic change from the original game, which is a change that I myself do not like.

Noone would be happy if their favorite game all of a sudden had a huge change that wasnt in their favor or to their liking.
Like I said, maybe you guys enjoy dying all day everyday, but I dont, and I dont see why any of you enjoy it.

Edit: I have no problem with thunderfury, it's powerful, infact I'm glad they made it weaker.
My beef is with how easy it is to die on this realm, it makes no sense to me that it's this hard.
It shouldnt be this hard to survive, It just sucks the fun right out of the game in my opinion.
I hate clicking all my potions into my belt every 2 seconds just to die 2 seconds later and repeating.

Edit: Also I didnt pay to win, I voted just like everyone else to get my gold and found high runes to trade for my thunderfury, no need to be rude.

acyroma
07-26-2016, 03:33 PM
Every other person that has responded in this thread has basically said they don't die that often. I'm not sure why you are, but we are not making the game easier.

Even if dying often was in the game design (which it is not) then it still wouldn't be a problem. Ever heard of the dark souls series? Dying frequently is in that game by design, and it's a very very successful series. Clearly there are plenty of people who have no problem with death being a part of a game.

The problem is that diablo 2 is such an old game that keeping it the same as it was before is just not an option for a private server. MANY servers have tried that (project M, d2 origins, the most recent WoB incarnation) and have not succeeded. People need more than the same old diablo 2 to keep them interested.

You should try talking to some of the top players in-game, most of them are quite friendly and will help you get to a point where you don't die as frequently.

saesa
07-26-2016, 06:09 PM
He is right that many guys we recently got on realm are just struggling with new content. But then again, they can always play baal or cows. I am forced to do cows all the time, so no biggies, Savior ;)

acyroma
07-26-2016, 06:16 PM
Yeah, regular d2 is still completely in this game. You're still able to do all of the old content if you don't like the new content.

rastamun1234
07-26-2016, 06:32 PM
shit I'm currently doing norm hell cows now. its my best source of blue orgs/HR's. and I'm doing it with a tals sorc which set u could prolly get for free.

Indo
07-26-2016, 08:31 PM
How do i shoot? Dawg have some optimism and motivation. You can't get everything in one day it takes a long ass time.

Jared
07-27-2016, 12:52 AM
How do i shoot? Dawg have some optimism and motivation. You can't get everything in one day it takes a long ass time.

took me 1 day

Savior
07-27-2016, 02:48 AM
Well most of the people leaving comments here are the players who've played here for a long time.
All the players who feel the same as I do have given up already, or just don't post on the forum a lot.
It also looks bad on people to be posting stuff like this, I'm aware that making this post makes me look like a whiner.
But I log on Annihilus everyday, and all day I see everyone bitching about dying, not only myself.
I just dont think dying as much as we all do here is necessary, it ruins the entire server in my opinion.
I think all the added content is amazing, but dying 1 shot to all of it ruins how good it could be.
I've asked for help plenty of times, but the answers I get aren't the answers I'm looking for.
I'd rather not do original D2 stuff on this server because it wont get me anywhere, it's a waste of time.
Noone wants to do the original stuff here, everyone everyday wants to do the new content.
But whatever, it doesnt matter, someone might aswell delete this post so everyone can move on.
This isnt getting anyone anywhere, I will simply give up on this realm and not play anymore, that is that.

duderominus
07-27-2016, 04:36 AM
dying 1 shot to all of it

Wild exaggerations aren't helping your cause. Are you looking for sympathy or for broad, sweeping nerfs that'd change the feel of D2 completely? Maybe your problem is that you're playing a melee character in hell--which has never been reliable in retail d2, during any patch.

I can do the three inferno portals on a shield throw barb with IK set and a raven frost, and reliably never die. I can kill mappo, sha, and kaalut on a trap assassin wearing nat's and reliably never die. I can do LK on my necro still in trangs and reliably never die. Smite has always had a niche in D2 ever since it became popular when Ubers became a thing: standing toe-to-toe with high-end bosses and dying less often than most other classes.

Should mobs like Cathulhu and Belial be so hard as to make most characters have to try a few times to kill them? I think so, yes. Does smite do better against those two bosses than most other classes/builds? Yes. Smite has a niche. Use it for that. Not for cow games. That's D2 common sense.

Savior
07-27-2016, 04:46 AM
Just drop it, I don't care anymore, this is a pointless topic.

Lampogriz
07-27-2016, 06:02 AM
rekt lol

Savior
07-27-2016, 07:21 AM
What's the point of saying rekt, grow up, dont start shit.

dattelmann
07-27-2016, 08:17 AM
i agree with the topic creator. havent played since 4 weeks or something. just checking the posts everyday and voting.

but yes this: "i can solo a lot, but maybe i will die because of whatever but who cares" is getting kinda boring from time to time.

in my opinion diablo 2 vanilla was great because of its different ways to play the game. so lets say 3 main builds per class that can survive and play the whole content. even without perfect gear. its different here i understand that but once again if you have a look to hardcore, well let me say thats not the mode u wanna play here.

i dont really want to play it either but it should be possible. (its like living in munich like me, loving it bc of the city and all the parks and stuff but never using them ;D )

also the boss fighting thing is fucked up. why you have several tries after death? (boss is still on hp as before) they should regain their hp atfer you died, thats normally how it works.

i love/loved this server but after playing a while im getting exhausted. i never died that many times i a game and of course you dont really care bc it takes like 5 seconds to be there again. but you should care.

rastamun1234
07-27-2016, 08:38 AM
i agree with the topic creator. havent played since 4 weeks or something. just checking the posts everyday and voting.

but yes this: "i can solo a lot, but maybe i will die because of whatever but who cares" is getting kinda boring from time to time.

in my opinion diablo 2 vanilla was great because of its different ways to play the game. so lets say 3 main builds per class that can survive and play the whole content. even without perfect gear. its different here i understand that but once again if you have a look to hardcore, well let me say thats not the mode u wanna play here. if by vanilla you mean before the expansion I didn't play much then but in LOD there was only a select few classes/builds that could clear everything including chaos and baal runs it was mostly light sorcs with infinity and hammerdins trap sins and bone/ summon necs and ubers was mainly only smiters. that's how I remember it.

dattelmann
07-27-2016, 09:32 AM
well i played a lot lod and vanilla and neraly every class was able to clear content. cold/light/dual/meele sorc, wind/shapeshift druid, trap/kick assa, ww/frenzy barb, bowazon/javazon, hammerdin/smite/auradin/zeal paladin, summon/poison nova/bone necro, and even a lot of other builds could clear the content except ubers i only did it with ama, pala and necro back in this time.

Doomex
07-27-2016, 11:20 AM
the problem is that he INSIST to play zealer

Savior
07-27-2016, 12:13 PM
Actually no, I would just prefer to play a zealer, I also have a barbarian, but he dies almost just as quick as the paladin.
I understand that this realm is built to make only a few characters able to kill certain areas, that's not my argument.
My main problem is simply how often every single character dies, I didn't bother making any others.
Paladin and Barbarian can survive better than necro's, sorc's and most assassins.
Even amazons get killed easily unless they dodge, the only other option would be a druid which I started making.
I'm just saying, the added areas enemies hit way to hard, and noone can say anything to convince me otherwise.

LordManhammer
07-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Actually no, I would just prefer to play a zealer, I also have a barbarian, but he dies almost just as quick as the paladin.
I understand that this realm is built to make only a few characters able to kill certain areas, that's not my argument.
My main problem is simply how often every single character dies, I didn't bother making any others.
Paladin and Barbarian can survive better than necro's, sorc's and most assassins.
Even amazons get killed easily unless they dodge, the only other option would be a druid which I started making.
I'm just saying, the added areas enemies hit way to hard, and noone can say anything to convince me otherwise.

Again, I will reiterate what others are saying and I apologize if this sounds elitist or rude but, if your Barb dies as fast as your Pally or if he even dies at all when face tanking anything but Mappo or LK or Cthulhu or maybe Sh'aaa, you're doing it wrong.

Savior
07-27-2016, 12:32 PM
My Barb dies against every one of the added content bosses, if he cant survive, who can?
My point is made, I'm not doing anything wrong, the bosses just do way to much damage.

LordManhammer
07-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Do we need to post videos of all of our different characters soloing bosses? I was pretty surprised when I faced Azethoth for the first time this ladder with my IK shield throw barb and was able to kill him while barely taking damage. I was then able to solo inferno cows and the cow queen without a death. I then tried out Dreamlands and can easily do Knarst, Kaluut, Ssh'aa and the eyeball(although I prefer using my smiter with him) without having a death. The newer inferno portals add a challenge. You can stun lock the act 2 portal boss and burn him down with a poison smiter without dieing having used the same IK barb to clear the level up to that point. The act 3 portal boss is the easiest of all and can be burned down with poison using a necro or pally without dieing. I just teleport to him and don't bother with the trash mobs. The new act 5 portal is the only spot in the game so far that is truly over powered imo but again as has been pointed out and I have tested, you can very easily handle that place by using a poison necro and a swarm of revives. I didn't even use a necro to test this. I equipped my shield throw barb with a Frostmourne and used the granted revive skill to get me some hell cow meat shields and was able to teleport to Ifrit, kill him, and play a game of dice on the cavern floor before I had to bug out or risk taking any damage:) There are many ways to play on this server without dieing. You just have to be willing to learn to adapt.

LordManhammer
07-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Did I mention that you can cheese Mappo and the Liche King with a poison necro without dieing?

Savior
07-27-2016, 12:57 PM
The way you explain it makes it sound so easy, but I've done it before myself and it's really not.
You could make a video of an IK shield throw barb trying to kill all these things If you want.
But dont forget to record all the times you die trying to get it all done, without the perfect approach, death is certain.
You even said you brought a meat shield of cows with frostmourne, most likely because you didnt want to get hit yourself.
If you wouldve been hit, you wouldve died, that is my problem all together, you shouldnt have to run away and hide to win.

LordManhammer
07-27-2016, 01:09 PM
That's the point, dude. After trying different approaches to the new content you will be able to figure out how to do it without dieing. Once you do, it is easy. Some would say that's too easy. I understand how frustrating it can be to get bitch slapped and die instantly in some situations but the things that you can do to mitigate damage or avoid it altogether are so effective that it will seem like night and day compared to your previous attempts when you finally figure it out.

The thing that I've found with the IK Barb that really make a difference is the -enemy physical resistance affix. You get 10% on your belt(which by itself actually makes a noticeable difference) and with two BK rings you can achieve up to 30% total. Compared to the 20% actual effectiveness of the amp damage curse against immunes, that's significant. It not only makes your attack do more damage but increases the effectiveness of your life steal vs strong phys immunities or completely phys immune mobs. Then when amp finally pops, you are piercing anywhere from 50% up to 130% depending on if the monster is phys immune or not. That's huge. Now remember that you can enchant your Barb with -phys res scrolls. I've never done this because I haven't felt the need but god damn. He would be an absolute beast.

LordManhammer
07-27-2016, 01:23 PM
On a side note, are you pre-buffing with an enchant sorc? I skimmed through this thread and didn't see anyone suggest that. A fully synergized lvl 40 enchant adds a 120% increase to cold/light/fire damage along with a decent AR boost. I would think this would be a necessity for any elemental build. Might not help with survivability but if you hit more often and things die faster maybe it would:)

Jared
07-27-2016, 01:33 PM
rekt lol

he said rekt because he knows how easy the game is

lampo been killin DL + since odium was the best armor for all chars and knows how easy it is with all this new stuff

duderominus
07-27-2016, 03:55 PM
You could make a video of an IK shield throw barb trying to kill all these things If you want.
But dont forget to record all the times you die trying to get it all done,

hi, havent died to kaalut in a LONG TIME, and I only die to k'nar'st when he spawns with phys immune+fanat+cursed(yes, all 3). I didn't add eyeball to the guide because there's no strategy involved--tank and spank, no dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NI83KXBH7I

practice practice practice

Savior
07-27-2016, 05:02 PM
hi, havent died to kaalut in a LONG TIME, and I only die to k'nar'st when he spawns with phys immune+fanat+cursed(yes, all 3). I didn't add eyeball to the guide because there's no strategy involved--tank and spank, no dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NI83KXBH7I

practice practice practice

I can do K'nars't with my Barb usually without much of a problem, he's pretty much the easiest of them all.
But even he kills me sometimes for some reason, most likely because I don't hide in the corner, I chase him.
But every time I do kaluut with my Barb who is very similar to the one you're using, I die.
I'm not sure why, but neither of the bosses seemed to hurt you much at all really.
Maybe your gear is all enchanted or something, or maybe that was just because the way you placed yourself behind the wall.
I run right up to enemies and fight them head on, I've never been the type to run around or teleport away.
I shouldn't have to run or hide when I'm using the most tanky characters in the game.
Even my paladin can kill every boss in dreamlands, but he dies at least 1-5 times against each of them.
And I have no choice but to get right up in their faces when using zeal or smite, either way I would die with a paladin.

duderominus
07-27-2016, 05:33 PM
I chase him.

But every time I do kaluut with my Barb who is very similar to the one you're using, I die

You really gotta read the guide. :p

Acid rain from kaalut reverses your HP regen DRASTICALLY and will kill you in a second, like a poison that can't be resisted. The fence blocks it(look at how the rain is only falling on the left side of the video).

With knarst, I stood exactly there so I wouldnt pull adds and he'd come right back to me. You HAVE TO dodge tornado--it's OP on mobs too, and about to be nerfed. More details are here (http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=10598)

Savior
07-27-2016, 05:56 PM
I'd rather just give up and go back to doing something that doesn't drive me insane.
I haven't played Annihilus since I made this post yesterday and I'm pretty sure I wont be playing again anytime soon.
I prefer a different way of playing than Annihilus can offer, It's just the way I am.
Some people like shooting games, some people like RPG games, I for one, like games where I don't lose/die every 2 seconds.
This conversation isn't going to go anywhere, I've already messaged Game and asked him to delete this entire topic altogether.
I appreciate everyone trying to help, but all that you've all told me has just made me not want to play here even more.

Edit: I know to you guys it probably sounds simple to just tweak my play style slightly.
But I'm a very stubborn person who likes things to be done a certain way, so it's not possible.
If I were to do all the things everyone has suggested, I would no longer be having fun anymore.

duderominus
07-27-2016, 05:58 PM
I'd rather just give up and go back to doing something that doesn't drive me insane.
I haven't played Annihilus since I made this post yesterday and I'm pretty sure I wont be playing again anytime soon.
I prefer a different way of playing than Annihilus can offer, It's just the way I am.
Some people like shooting games, some people like RPG games, I for one, like games where I don't lose/die every 2 seconds.
This conversation isn't going to go anywhere, I've already messaged Game and asked him to delete this entire topic altogether.
I appreciate everyone trying to help, but all that you've all told me has just made me not want to play here even more.

I can respect the playstyle choice. You're welcome to come back any time. Holler at me if you want to talk any more about dreamlands!

Savior
07-27-2016, 06:04 PM
I can respect the playstyle choice. You're welcome to come back any time. Holler at me if you want to talk any more about dreamlands!

Tyvm, I'll probably still come back whether I like it or not though.
Diablo 2 is one hell of a drug, I'm sure that's one thing we can all agree on. :D

Mephisto
07-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Well, cya next time :) Good luck!

acyroma
07-27-2016, 06:17 PM
Good luck on your next adventure!