PDA

View Full Version : Smiter questions

rastamun1234
07-31-2016, 10:08 AM
I'm about to build up a Suiter and I was wondering how their dmg is calculated. Does wep dmg matter? I think ed dmg on items doesn't affect it but not sure.does your shield affect the dmg? I was also wondering what are Smithers best in slot items and maybe second best until I can get them all

Mephisto
07-31-2016, 10:55 AM
Ed from weapons doesnt matter u want the *Damage mod ( like grief has +400 )
Enc Dmg% from other items does help a little :)
Shield will show smite dmg to a pala :)

duderominus
07-31-2016, 03:29 PM
Given that there's a smaller sample group on annihilus than on bnet, I'd argue that BiS items are widely unknown for most slots on most builds. Also, the BiS items are going to vary by whatever may be the specific smiter's gimmick. For example, husk/bramble and a plaguebringer would be best for a poison smiter, while tyraels or sanctuary balance may be BiS for a thunderfury/frostmourne wielding smiter. I haven't bothered trying to build on a physical smiter since I mainly farm dreamlands and mappo is a bitch.

I've had tons of success with a poison smiter, which that build was highly flushed out here (http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=8965&highlight=poison+smiter). I subbed dragonscale with e exile and my survivability got a bit better.

LordManhammer
07-31-2016, 04:40 PM
If you're building a phys smiter the Last Wish rune word is going to be hard to beat for a main hand stat stick. It frees up several slots to explore better options by giving you life tap, prevent monster heal, splash damage and all of the crushing blow that you need. That and it has -phys res. Now that -res affixes pierce immunities, that 35% is more than the effective 20% you would get out of amp damage curse when working against phys immune monsters. You can then mess around with different options for stacking life/DR/block/IAS.