PDA

View Full Version : Patcher stuck on 61%

HvN
08-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Been trying to figure this out now for a few hours, I've done every step listed here on the forum that I can find. I have restarted/reinstalled everything several times. And i get the same problem. Sometimes the patcher stops at 44% sometimes it stops at 61% its like its random. I use windows 10 , I have shut down Windows defender completely, as well as added anni as an exception along with d2, I'm praying one of you has some magic trick to help me out.

thank you

Edit: It's asking me to insert a CD now? now? Dude... ""This is essentially a 1-click and play installation"" Uhmm what ? I did everything your guide told me to do, multiple times.

I'm frustrated at this point,

(((If you have no way of getting a version of Diablo II that is pre-1.14, you can download our FULL installer here. This comes with Diablo II 1.13d with Annihilus already installed. This is essentially a 1-click and play installation. (WHEN USING THE FULL INSTALLER, CLICK RE-UPDATE ON THE LAUNCHER AS IT DOES NOT HAVE THE LATEST ANNIHILUS VERSION BUNDLED!) You can skip to Step 4 if you use this installer.)))

HvN
08-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Update: I've yet again uninstalled everything, Got a CLEAN install from another source, of diablo II 1.13d, Did everything manually. Completely disabled windows defender this time. The app is no longer running on my PC. And I've got the exact same issue. I was however able to get past the patching part one time, Then i got the c0000005 error or w/e it is, I have already done the DEP steps with all 3 applications. compat mode, admin ect ect. Can any one confirm they were able to go through this process lately? or are new players unable to join at this point.

Game
08-28-2016, 10:30 AM
It's working for others from what I can tell. Have you tried restarting the computer? That often fixes the c000005 error. Be sure you select restart, and not shut down.

HvN
08-28-2016, 10:36 AM
Thank you for the reply, I did just restart yes, I will do it again. Is there a way to tell if I am patched for this server? a file to look for that can tell me I am for sure patched for this server. When I run the launcher it still gets stuck on the Patch, Unless i restart the computer then it wont auto try to patch when I open it. But at that point it throws the c00005 thing.

Edit: never mind, now even after the restart it still tries to auto patch, witch it cant get past 50ish % so I cant even click launch game to see if im past the c00005 deal. Can we maybe skype, or can you take remote access of my pc lol. this is gone to far.

sent you a PM

After having the same result time and time again I believe your patch is corrupt at this point. I have downloaded it at least 5 times. All 5 are corrupt.

HvN
08-28-2016, 11:12 AM
http://imgur.com/a/PaFzc

I don't believe its a problem with me receiving the patch

please some one give me a google doc or something of an updated patch_d2.mpq file.

As a side note, Any new player reading this thread in search of answers, Good luck.

Lockzilla
08-28-2016, 03:18 PM
HvN could you please add me on skype. I am moderator here and can help fix your issue and bring you online. Skype: Lockzilla89

Game
08-28-2016, 07:30 PM
http://imgur.com/a/PaFzc

I don't believe its a problem with me receiving the patch

please some one give me a google doc or something of an updated patch_d2.mpq file.

As a side note, Any new player reading this thread in search of answers, Good luck.

Something is blocking the patch on your end. I just double checked everything, nothing is corrupt. We had multiple members join over the last few days, no problems. I've seen issues similar to yours a few times in the past, and it is almost always something blocking the patch / download.

HvN
08-29-2016, 12:44 PM
I managed to get things working on my end. I'm not sure why this worked, but it did.

What "I" had to do was allow your AnnihilusUpdater full controll.