PDA

View Full Version : 4.1.1 Patch Notes

Game
10-18-2016, 04:00 AM
Annihilus 4.1.1 Changelog:

General Changes:

• The following skills can now be casted while shapeshifted (Lich or Wereforms): Horadrim Teleport, Corpse Explosion, Enchant, Frozen Armor, Shiver Armor, Chilling Armor, Burst of Speed, and Fade.

• All items that had "Chance to cast when you take damage" have been changed to "Chance to cast when struck". This may be considered a nerf to some items, but the lag / frame drops it caused was just too much. This will retroactively affect all existing items.

Class Changes:

Assassin

• Most Martial Arts skills have had their base Attack Rating and Attack Rating per Level increased.

Druid

• Werebear attack animation speed increased.

Necromancer

• Skeletal Burst will now do proper damage, and hit much more reliably. I am still keeping an eye on this, it may still need more tuning but it felt pretty good in testing if you use physical damage items and a good weapon. This skill isn't meant to do HUGE damage, as your summons should be doing most of the work, but it can definitely kill now.

• Raise Skeleton no longer requires a corpse. (Raise Skeletal Archer still does.) Raise Skeleton can now also be casted in town.

• Skeletons and Archers are now limited to a maximum of 3 each until skill level 10, then they are increased to 6 each.

• To make up for the lower amount of Skeletons, Damage / Life / Attack Rating per level have all been moderately increased.

• Revive has been slightly reworked. You are now limited to 1 Revived monster at a time now, but the revived monster will have drastically increased Life and Damage. Skill points in Revive will now increase the Revived monster's Life and Duration. The item mod to allow you to summon more Golems will now also increase the amount of Revived monsters you can have out at once. This will retroactively affect existing items.

• Golem Life given by Summon Mastery has been increased.

• Blood Golem Life Synergy to other Golems has been increased.

• Fire Golem Damage Synergy to other Golems has been increased.

Item Changes:

• Flame Horizon is now properly classified as a Sword class instead of Axe class.

• The Butcher's Cleaver now shows as an axe instead of a sword.

• Flame Horizon's proc skill damage has been drastically increased.

• El'Druin, The Sword Of Justice's proc skill damage has been moderately increased.

• Book of Enchantments Gold cost has been lowered to 200.

• Bag of Fragments added to the Gold Vendor for 325 Gold.

Scorchz
10-18-2016, 04:08 AM
Frist !

bonnell21
10-18-2016, 04:22 AM
second

tragos
10-18-2016, 04:28 AM
Damn you're good, can't wait to test my brand new summoner 5/5 as always! Thanks for your time alex!

Brimstonejack
10-18-2016, 04:29 AM
Frist !

Since Scorchz is "Frist," and bonell21 is second, I'll go ahead and be first.

Scorchz
10-18-2016, 04:33 AM
I'm very happy that you consider my Frags basket idea game :D ! Quite hype for the sin change aswell , cuz they were lacking AR very bad.

Equalibrium
10-18-2016, 04:33 AM
hmm updater freezing at 15.6kb and then just keeps searching to update. any help here?

Game
10-18-2016, 04:35 AM
hmm updater freezing at 15.6kb and then just keeps searching to update. any help here?

Try downloading the patch directly from http://annihilus.net/patch_d2.mpq and put it in your Annihilus folder / overwrite. This shouldn't be used as a reliable update method, but in this case it will work.

Equalibrium
10-18-2016, 04:44 AM
saying some instalation files are corrupt ?

checksum error in patch_d2.mpq

unexpected end of archive?

Game
10-18-2016, 04:52 AM
saying some instalation files are corrupt ?

checksum error in patch_d2.mpq

unexpected end of archive?

If you download the file from the link I posted above, just copy / paste it into Annihilus Folder. See if that works.

Equalibrium
10-18-2016, 04:53 AM
If you download the file from the link I posted above, just copy / paste it into Annihilus Folder. See if that works.

thats what i did mate its saying same thing and doing same.

Game
10-18-2016, 04:55 AM
thats what i did mate its saying same thing and doing same.

Oh, it's still trying to update, even if you replace the mpq manually. You can try restarting your computer to see if the launcher will download properly, or if you're comfortable you can go into your registry by opening regedit, and going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II and change AnnihilusVersion to 4.1.3, this will prevent the automatic update.

Equalibrium
10-18-2016, 05:00 AM
Oh, it's still trying to update, even if you replace the mpq manually. You can try restarting your computer to see if the launcher will download properly, or if you're comfortable you can go into your registry by opening regedit, and going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II and change AnnihilusVersion to 4.1.3, this will prevent the automatic update.

hmm might just be me being thick but it worked 3rd time trying. it still updated after doing what you said but this time it worked. thx game and sry to be a pain lol.
i never usualy have any issues patching. was wierd.

Game
10-18-2016, 05:03 AM
hmm might just be me being thick but it worked 3rd time trying. it still updated after doing what you said but this time it worked. thx game and sry to be a pain lol.
i never usualy have any issues patching. was wierd.

All good! Glad it's working!

Equalibrium
10-18-2016, 05:04 AM
and fantastic job mate. only grumble is you nerfed my army . bad game baaaaadd. lol

Brimstonejack
10-18-2016, 05:08 AM
Update via launcher worked just fine for me. Verified by relaunching and checking for frag bag at gold vendor. Cheers!

Equalibrium
10-18-2016, 05:17 AM
Update via launcher worked just fine for me. Verified by relaunching and checking for frag bag at gold vendor. Cheers!

glad to hear it mate . as i say prob just me being a dick . i never had an issue with updates before.

Game
10-18-2016, 05:26 AM
and fantastic job mate. only grumble is you nerfed my army . bad game baaaaadd. lol

It should be much stronger overall now, and much less hassle to manage :)

Equalibrium
10-18-2016, 05:32 AM
It should be much stronger overall now, and much less hassle to manage :)

yes yes but 12 dosent look as cool as 40 pmsl.

Brimstonejack
10-18-2016, 05:49 AM
yes yes but 12 dosent look as cool as 40 pmsl.

Yeah, but it also doesn't lag inferno cows as much, either. XD

Equalibrium
10-18-2016, 06:30 AM
Yeah, but it also doesn't lag inferno cows as much, either. XD

lies i tell ya lies :)

TheOne
10-18-2016, 06:57 AM
• El'Druin, The Sword Of Justice's proc skill damage has been moderately increased.

thank you for make that i really apreciate...
one curriosity i have when i will cube what will be...a RE-roll and all effect and enchantment i will be lost ?

Scorchz
10-18-2016, 07:23 AM

thank you for make that i really apreciate...
one curriosity i have when i will cube what will be...a RE-roll and all effect and enchantment i will be lost ? frostmourne > El druin Ez

liumtra
10-18-2016, 07:50 AM
my launcher is not working after the update and now can't connect to annihilus
after starting the game from launcher it only shows the expansion d2 and crashes

LordManhammer
10-18-2016, 08:51 AM
Does your revive still drop off if you walk away from it?

tragos
10-18-2016, 09:11 AM
my launcher is not working after the update and now can't connect to annihilus
after starting the game from launcher it only shows the expansion d2 and crashes

Alex posted following : Try downloading the patch directly from http://annihilus.net/patch_d2.mpq and put it in your Annihilus folder / overwrite. This shouldn't be used as a reliable update method, but in this case it will work.

I hope that helps.

tragos
10-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Does your revive still drop off if you walk away from it?

Not sure about that, do they always drop?, my skeleton warriors die 1 hit and do no damage, seems bugged :S

nedamettin
10-18-2016, 09:28 AM
i havent seen a notable difference in damages also that fhr makes lich so frustrating to you im not using lich form after i summon stuff anyway. i tried to kill some dl bosses with frostmourne but skental burst still doesn't proc ctc off main target i think

LordManhammer
10-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Not sure about that, do they always drop?, my skeleton warriors die 1 hit and do no damage, seems bugged :S

Yes, that was an issue before. Revives often drop off when you get too far away from them which is why teleport for a summoner is so nice:)

LordManhammer
10-18-2016, 09:42 AM
i havent seen a notable difference in damages also that fhr makes lich so frustrating to you im not using lich form after i summon stuff anyway. i tried to kill some dl bosses with frostmourne but skental burst still doesn't proc ctc off main target i think
It was proccing before. Tested it on the LK with Frostmourne. You're better off using something to buff your minions though.

LordManhammer
10-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Sooooo....do revives last longer?

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 10:01 AM
Sooooo....do revives last longer?

Yes they last longer. Although for druids using a Frostmourne and using revives to tank end game bosses are now broken since it only does 1 monster vs 10-20. we'll see tho. I cannot bitch about something until i've tested it. So if this 1 monster from revive has more life and can tank the boss it should be alright. Ill test it and post back the results.

nedamettin
10-18-2016, 10:05 AM
trust me if this was bnet my summons would 1 shot stuff they are level 60 with multiple auras around 'em

liumtra
10-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Alex posted following : Try downloading the patch directly from http://annihilus.net/patch_d2.mpq and put it in your Annihilus folder / overwrite. This shouldn't be used as a reliable update method, but in this case it will work.

I hope that helps.

fixed now thx

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 11:06 AM
Yes they last longer. Although for druids using a Frostmourne and using revives to tank end game bosses are now broken since it only does 1 monster vs 10-20. we'll see tho. I cannot bitch about something until i've tested it. So if this 1 monster from revive has more life and can tank the boss it should be alright. Ill test it and post back the results.

Update. So yes. Limitation on how many revives can be cast just killed druids ability to do END Game content. NO more tanky summons to take the damage. 1 Isnt enough.

I probably have the best or top 3 best elemental druid on the server. He cannot solo Cruicble anymore. This is with a BARB BO and Enchant. The revives just dont tank the damage anymore.

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Druid

• Shapeshifting forms have received visual updates! Both forms no longer scale just from weapon speed, and will benefit from IAS from any item slot.

• Fury now attacks 20% faster.

• Bear Form attack speed is a little slower now due to the IAS change, so to make up for it both Maul and Shockwave have had their Damage / Synergies buffed. Bears are more about slower but higher damage, and Wolves are about speed.

• You may now cast Battle Orders / Battle Command / Shout in Shapeshifting form.

• Blaze will no longer remove you from Shapeshifting form.

• Tornado now hits every 4 frames, instead of every 2.

• Spirit Wolves and Dire Wolves now only benefit from base points put into Grizzly, capping their OW / DS at 20%.

• Summon damage gained from Grizzly lowered by 3%.

In my humble opinion, this revive nerf is a bigger slap in the face to elemental druids then the actual nerf you did with Frames per second. They will no longer be able to solo anything with 1 revive. I spoke my opinion. Thanks.

Game
10-18-2016, 12:02 PM
Druid

• Shapeshifting forms have received visual updates! Both forms no longer scale just from weapon speed, and will benefit from IAS from any item slot.

• Fury now attacks 20% faster.

• Bear Form attack speed is a little slower now due to the IAS change, so to make up for it both Maul and Shockwave have had their Damage / Synergies buffed. Bears are more about slower but higher damage, and Wolves are about speed.

• You may now cast Battle Orders / Battle Command / Shout in Shapeshifting form.

• Blaze will no longer remove you from Shapeshifting form.

• Tornado now hits every 4 frames, instead of every 2.

• Spirit Wolves and Dire Wolves now only benefit from base points put into Grizzly, capping their OW / DS at 20%.

• Summon damage gained from Grizzly lowered by 3%.

In my humble opinion, this revive nerf is a bigger slap in the face to elemental druids then the actual nerf you did with Frames per second. They will no longer be able to solo anything with 1 revive. I spoke my opinion. Thanks.

Everything is subject to change, I may still revert the Revive change, but honestly I wasn't even thinking about other characters using Revive when I changed it. Revives HP relies on Skeleton Mastery so without it they will naturally be weaker. I'm still keeping an eye on everything, but your druid summons should be pretty strong? Are you using them?

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Everything is subject to change, I may still revert the Revive change, but honestly I wasn't even thinking about other characters using Revive when I changed it. Revives HP relies on Skeleton Mastery so without it they will naturally be weaker. I'm still keeping an eye on everything, but your druid summons should be pretty strong? Are you using them?

Yes I am still using the summons from my wolves. But they die so quickly to any boss that hits them. For instance, I went into cruicble level 10 with Bo barb and enchant sorc to buff my druid. I had all my summons up. And they died so quickly to the aoe they doe, i end up dying. Ive never had an issue with them when I had 10-15 revives. Same /w ULD. The summons from druids are just to weak to tank the actual damage from the bosses they die, and before I recast them I die as well. SO yes I have tested the summons from the druid.

Game
10-18-2016, 12:09 PM
Yes I am still using the summons from my wolves. But they die so quickly to any boss that hits them. For instance, I went into cruicble level 10 with Bo barb and enchant sorc to buff my druid. I had all my summons up. And they died so quickly to the aoe they doe, i end up dying. Ive never had an issue with them when I had 10-15 revives. Same /w ULD. The summons from druids are just to weak to tank the actual damage from the bosses they die, and before I recast them I die as well. SO yes I have tested the summons from the druid.

Well as I said, I may still change things around, builds that rely on summons are super hard to balance, so I have to throw it out and let people test it. I will wait on some feedback from other things related to Necromancer then I will change things accordingly.

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Well as I said, I may still change things around, builds that rely on summons are super hard to balance, so I have to throw it out and let people test it. I will wait on some feedback from other things related to Necromancer then I will change things accordingly.

Okay. From what i've heard. The summon skeletons are dying to fallens in blood moore. probably a glitch. Overall summons being shorted I guess arn't doing what people had hoped. But I'll let others post on those issues. Im just stating what people have said to me today.

Game
10-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Okay. From what i've heard. The summon skeletons are dying to fallens in blood moore. probably a glitch. Overall summons being shorted I guess arn't doing what people had hoped. But I'll let others post on those issues. Im just stating what people have said to me today.

It sounds like the skeleton HP is getting TOO high, and is rolling over. I may have to lower it some. I mostly need people with proper builds to test Skeletal Burst for me.

bonnell21
10-18-2016, 12:13 PM
i have only one thing to say el druin is still not as good as fm -even with yr buff to its proc still need lph and more dmg or it will always be ok at best fm still dose more to help pala just add some lph and little more dmg i think it will be good to go thanx :}

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 12:15 PM
It sounds like the skeleton HP is getting TOO high, and is rolling over. I may have to lower it some. I mostly need people with proper builds to test Skeletal Burst for me.

I also wanted to say. I'm not asking for the revive skill to be put back to normal. But more like 8-15 revives maybe. 1 simply isn't enough. Thanks :)

Scorchz
10-18-2016, 01:45 PM
How about Game open a PTR ( public test realm ) with all marchant selling stuff and jewel etc , so we can test all together the class changes and share our results ? :)

rrra
10-18-2016, 01:58 PM
And here I have been playing druid without frostmourne for some time now (hoto initially, now doom). Apparently not having revives is the end of the world. Interesting...
The only thing they would really help me with is lvl 16 of the crucible if there is a group of nihlathaks.

What am I missing here?

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 02:00 PM
And here I have been playing druid without frostmourne for some time now (hoto initially, now doom). Apparently not having revives is the end of the world. Interesting...
The only thing they would really help me with is lvl 16 of the crucible if there is a group of nihlathaks.

What am I missing here?

Sounds like a lot of gear? Im not sure how your druid is geared? So your telling me you can solo cruicble without revives? Thats interesting, video it next time, or better yet, invite me in so I can watch "how its done"

LordManhammer
10-18-2016, 02:02 PM

I took my summoner into Plaguelands in Liche form. Skeletal Burst feels a bit stronger against the normal monsters. Against the Liche King it actually felt worse. It procced the Poison Spirit from Plaguebringer less than before. Killing the LK took way longer than before wearing the same gear. Before I was able to equip Sss'Haa's blade and let the summons do the work. Now that there are fewer, they don't even scratch him. I had to use Plaguebringer to slowly poison the big lug. Very, VERY slowly. Yes, the skellies are tankier and yes they do more damage against normal monster but against bosses, numbers are our biggest advantage.

Lampogriz
10-18-2016, 02:14 PM
did some cruci runs with my nec, much more easy now with new revives, bosses cant kill them!

LordManhammer
10-18-2016, 02:25 PM
did some cruci runs with my nec, much more easy now with new revives, bosses cant kill them!

They are definitely tankier:)

nedamettin
10-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a lot of gear? Im not sure how your druid is geared? So your telling me you can solo cruicble without revives? Thats interesting, video it next time, or better yet, invite me in so I can watch "how its done"

jared and his friend (i am sorry but i forgot dudes name he is away for a long time) ran cruc in 15 min with a video. they never used revives. you may now say they are two but more than the damage surviving matters there so there must be a way. also insanity set gives shitload of surv.

bgtomsk
10-18-2016, 03:06 PM
General Changes:

• All items that had "Chance to cast when you take damage" have been changed to "Chance to cast when struck". This may be considered a nerf to some items, but the lag / frame drops it caused was just too much. This will retroactively affect all existing items.

Finally edyrem fixed and works perfectly! Thanks!
Now the concept of one revive need to be reworked ASAP.

Dax
10-18-2016, 03:11 PM
Finally edyrem fixed and works perfectly! Thanks!
Now the concept of one revive need to be reworked ASAP.

I do agree, the FM Druid and the PSN Necro are not viable anymore.

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 03:16 PM
jared and his friend (i am sorry but i forgot dudes name he is away for a long time) ran cruc in 15 min with a video. they never used revives. you may now say they are two but more than the damage surviving matters there so there must be a way. also insanity set gives shitload of surv.

I can run cruicble in 12-13 minutes with any of my clan buddies. Im not talking about that with other people. I am talking about soloing an end game event.

nedamettin
10-18-2016, 03:18 PM
yeah well my point was he could "survive" as a tank role without revives. it is totally doable. it'd take longer but he'd solo for sure. idk if u just try to find the video u may do it just search "cruc" mb

Game
10-18-2016, 03:21 PM
I can run cruicble in 12-13 minutes with any of my clan buddies. Im not talking about that with other people. I am talking about soloing an end game event.

For what it is worth, Crucible was not intended to be easily soloable, if at all!

Scorchz
10-18-2016, 03:23 PM

Ok

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 03:24 PM
For what it is worth, Crucible was not intended to be easily soloable, if at all!

I know this. But if a sin or a bowa can solo without any patch buffs, why cant a druid? A nec certainly can solo NOW with all this BUFF to skills / trees.

bgtomsk
10-18-2016, 03:25 PM

Its not easily doable also cos of excess of errors, bugs and server drops (every week at least 1 msg in public chat about loosing 18lvl cruc due to drop, today was my turn i suppose;)).

Game
10-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Its not easily doable also cos of excess of errors, bugs and server drops (every week at least 1 msg in public chat about loosing 18lvl cruc due to drop, today was my turn i suppose;)).

Several of these crashes were fixed with 4.1. I know it isn't ideal but please refer to my post in the Necromancer thread in general discussion as to why development is a little slow.

Game
10-18-2016, 03:34 PM
I know this. But if a sin or a bowa can solo without any patch buffs, why cant a druid? A nec certainly can solo NOW with all this BUFF to skills / trees.

Well Druids are by far the highest damage output most likely, Tornado is still insane even after nerfs, they are also quite tankier than an a sin or bowa. They have to have some weakness!

Lockzilla
10-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Well Druids are by far the highest damage output most likely, Tornado is still insane even after nerfs, they are also quite tankier than an a sin or bowa. They have to have some weakness!

Well if you plan on reverting your revive decision or plan on adding a few more to revive I would like to know. Otherwise Ill just sell my druid for gold.

EDIT: i just dont want to wait for a bit then have you say your going to keep your decision on the revive thing is all.

fearsom1
10-18-2016, 04:06 PM
did el druin get ignord agin lol come on game fix her better :} plz she need some ele dmg or lph

Game
10-18-2016, 04:18 PM
did el druin get ignord agin lol come on game fix her better :} plz she need some ele dmg or lph

Did you read the notes? :)

fearsom1
10-18-2016, 04:24 PM
yES but mappo just walk away lol dose nothing to him

Game
10-18-2016, 05:03 PM
yES but mappo just walk away lol dose nothing to him

Uhh... he has 200 magic resist...? Of course it's not going to hurt him lol

fearsom1
10-18-2016, 05:05 PM
just saying whats the point if fm and tf can kill him?

Icehammer
10-18-2016, 05:18 PM
Reduce the revive skill to just 1 monster makes my psn necro gets slower killing LK. I was doing lk with 16-17 revived monsters and that was very fast to do.
Anyways, seems that is time to change to a summoner necro build

LordManhammer
10-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Reduce the revive skill to just 1 monster makes my psn necro gets slower killing LK. I was doing lk with 16-17 revived monsters and that was very fast to do.
Anyways, seems that is time to change to a summoner necro build
You don't need summons to kill LK with a poison necro:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeD3fBDk0ko&feature=youtu.be

Icehammer
10-18-2016, 06:22 PM
i was using them to tank and kill LK without move a finger :B

Killemaul
10-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Not cool on the summoning mod :mad:

LordManhammer
10-18-2016, 08:23 PM
i was using them to tank and kill LK without move a finger :B

Still not seeing the problem. Used one revive;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bu9a9me6JM

Addah
10-18-2016, 09:13 PM
The 1 revive is insanely strong, if we can get 5-10 I'm sure they'll be brought down to compensate for having more.

For Summoner at least, it depends on how many skeletons we get next update....

Lampogriz
10-19-2016, 01:11 AM
I will respec to summon nec and try this shit out.