PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed...

BenDz
10-18-2016, 12:44 PM
Played this game for about a week and REALLY loved it - thanks to game mechanics and of course my main man equilibrium. I ONLY play HC and was told this is not a HC mod and to go play MedianXL. I guess I will have to go back but I am truly bummed out that it's not possible to do end-game stuff with any character on HC. I also am sad that I was told to go play another MOD.

Hope to come back sometime in the future or possibly stay if someone has a guide/idea on how I can play HC and clear content.

nedamettin
10-18-2016, 12:53 PM
i dont think there's a build which can solo all content in bnet aswell. you can be extra cautious and kill everything eventually but if you are solo your progress will be 50 times slower than a sc player.

or you can make a druid or assassin to win

Game
10-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Played this game for about a week and REALLY loved it - thanks to game mechanics and of course my main man equilibrium. I ONLY play HC and was told this is not a HC mod and to go play MedianXL. I guess I will have to go back but I am truly bummed out that it's not possible to do end-game stuff with any character on HC. I also am sad that I was told to go play another MOD.

Hope to come back sometime in the future or possibly stay if someone has a guide/idea on how I can play HC and clear content.

There is plenty of content you can do in HC, just because you cannot do every single bit of it doesn't mean you cannot play. It is obviously your decision though, I hope you decide to stick around! MedianXL isn't going to be any different though ;).

BenDz
10-18-2016, 01:04 PM
i dont think there's a build which can solo all content in bnet aswell. you can be extra cautious and kill everything eventually but if you are solo your progress will be 50 times slower than a sc player.

or you can make a druid or assassin to win

Do you have a guide somewhere I could follow?

There is plenty of content you can do in HC, just because you cannot do every single bit of it doesn't mean you cannot play. It is obviously your decision though, I hope you decide to stick around! MedianXL isn't going to be any different though.

I actually completed most of the content in MedianXL solo since it came out. Outside a few charms I couldn't do, I was content with doing everything alone and could after I geared.

That said, this MOD is not really new player friendly. Documentation is almost non-existent and outside of asking equilibrium (again thanks for everything) and a few others I had to ask on what to do, it's not really self explanatory. I know Median is quite an advanced MOD and has been here for years but the documentation is great. I have no clue here where to go (don't tell me to go to the Wiki as most of it is half-assed and doesn't tell you much about content) or what to do outside of just playing the game like any other D2 MOD.

I really want to stick to the MOD but need some help on how to do that.

BenDz
10-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Oh and also didn't notice, we could buy stuff for gold here in terms of service. That said, if anyone can write or point me to a guide on a solid HC hero that's not expensive to gear but tanky and can farm well, I will send some gold :)

Scorchz
10-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Oh and also didn't notice, we could buy stuff for gold here in terms of service. That said, if anyone can write or point me to a guide on a solid HC hero that's not expensive to gear but tanky and can farm well, I will send some gold :)
U mean hardcore by HC ?

BenDz
10-18-2016, 06:22 PM
Yes

acyroma
10-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Hey i wanted to apologize for what I said last time we talked, the thing is its not possible to make hardcore different than softcore. We do try and keep hardcore in mind when patches are released, it's just hard to make everyone happy. Most of the content is doable without dying, the problem is on hardcore right now you die before learning what you need to do to survive. We absolutely do have to work on the documentation. That's probably the best thing we can do to make hardcore more viable. I'm talking with Game right now to try and figure out the best way to improve this.

I'm really hoping you continue to play here, we need good hardcore people to help grow the community. If you have any more suggestions don't hesitate to let us know.

Scorchz
10-18-2016, 07:13 PM
I'l be willing to Make an Hardcore char and experiance it to make some video or w/e , as well as making a very clean video on softcore about all the server content and stuff ! I juste need a couple days , time off is rare since 2 weeks :) i fell home on this server and i want it to grow up ! #ScorchzIsMotivated (http://annihilus.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=ScorchzIsMltivated)

BenDz
10-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Hey i wanted to apologize for what I said last time we talked, the thing is its not possible to make hardcore different than softcore. We do try and keep hardcore in mind when patches are released, it's just hard to make everyone happy. Most of the content is doable without dying, the problem is on hardcore right now you die before learning what you need to do to survive. We absolutely do have to work on the documentation. That's probably the best thing we can do to make hardcore more viable. I'm talking with Game right now to try and figure out the best way to improve this.

I'm really hoping you continue to play here, we need good hardcore people to help grow the community. If you have any more suggestions don't hesitate to let us know.

I appreciate you being honest and nice about it. I will def give this another try.

In the meantime, does anyone have a char they could do some cow runs for me on? I would like to try a trapsin so I can gear. Some of the guys told me she is one of the best to do cows with.

In addition, a lot of people are talking about Druids. Are they that good? I am willing to try one as long as there is a guide out there somewhere.

Brimstonejack
10-18-2016, 07:25 PM
With the recent tweaking of summoners, I'd say they're a viable, if slow, way to HC here. And IK barbs can solo much of the endgame content, along with a trang poison necro.

BenDz
10-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Not a big summoner fan as I have one now but was hoping to make things work with an Assassin or Druid maybe? Are they viable?

LordManhammer
10-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Not a big summoner fan as I have one now but was hoping to make things work with an Assassin or Druid maybe? Are they viable?

Give a summoner a shot. They aren't what they used to be. Besides, in HC, I would think that the ability to kill anything from a safe distance would be a huge incentive to play a class. Right?

BenDz
10-19-2016, 12:23 PM
I have a summoner already but not a fan - it works ok but I really do want to make another char if possible. Do you suggest a Druid or Assassin for playing solo?

LordManhammer
10-19-2016, 12:31 PM
The two items that make Druids so powerful right now are Frostmourne and the Druid prime charm. If you think you can successfully farm those in HC, you'll be set. I'm not a huge fan of Assassins but people seem to like their end game capabilities here:)