PDA

View Full Version : Crucible remake idea

Lampogriz
10-21-2016, 08:27 AM
8 levels total
Only inferno difficulty mobs, (mobs from act5 portals, ryleh, new zones (djinns, mechanical wizards etc), labirinth of madness, some from original lvl 13-18 ofc.
Each second level contains the boss. Boss stays at random place of the level (so you are fighting mobs and then "SUPRPRISE MOTHERFUCKER" - Decard Cain join the fight, as example)
Mobs randomization - different mobs can be spawned on same level, like in diablo 1 (zombies and skeleton warriors on level3, and if you create new game you can face bats and archers on lvl3, for example)

Maps are very important, should be more like open space, here is the best choice for my opinion:
lvl 13 map (plaguelands) - my favourite custom map here
lvl 14 map (dreamlands)
lvl 16 map (act 3) - can be sligher bigger
lvl 17 map
lvl 18map - not sure really
lvl 19 map - can be llast level with dreamland bosses + uld + maybe lichking
lvl 7 and 8 maps are also okay

So, in total:
-Much more fun to play, no shitty boring and easy 1-12 levels
-8levels with mob randomization wont get very boring so fast, better replayability.
-Real endgame content, which will require team

LordManhammer
10-21-2016, 10:26 AM
SUPRISE MOTHERFUCKER! You win the forum today:)

Icehammer
10-21-2016, 01:33 PM
SUPRISE MOTHERFUCKER! You win the forum today:)

lmao jajajaj
best part of all thread is that!
Nice idea too but will be nice to read more opinions about this suggestion

Game
10-21-2016, 03:08 PM
8 levels total
Only inferno difficulty mobs, (mobs from act5 portals, ryleh, new zones (djinns, mechanical wizards etc), labirinth of madness, some from original lvl 13-18 ofc.
Each second level contains the boss. Boss stays at random place of the level (so you are fighting mobs and then "SUPRPRISE MOTHERFUCKER" - Decard Cain join the fight, as example)
Mobs randomization - different mobs can be spawned on same level, like in diablo 1 (zombies and skeleton warriors on level3, and if you create new game you can face bats and archers on lvl3, for example)

Maps are very important, should be more like open space, here is the best choice for my opinion:
lvl 13 map (plaguelands) - my favourite custom map here
lvl 14 map (dreamlands)
lvl 16 map (act 3) - can be sligher bigger
lvl 17 map
lvl 18map - not sure really
lvl 19 map - can be llast level with dreamland bosses + uld + maybe lichking
lvl 7 and 8 maps are also okay

So, in total:
-Much more fun to play, no shitty boring and easy 1-12 levels
-8levels with mob randomization wont get very boring so fast, better replayability.
-Real endgame content, which will require team

The crucible is a bit tricky, because nothing has ever been done like it in D2. I cannot make bosses spawn in random parts of the map, it is literally impossible. The best I could do is a potential 4 spawn spots. I have been planning a crucible change for a while now, I have a decent layout already planned but I will do what I can with your suggestions that are possible!