PDA

View Full Version : Barbs need something

Drlukifer
10-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Barbs seem like they need a bit of a boost, i've been brainstorming and heres my ideas to give barbs the chance they need.

-A barb shadow that uses your skills, at 50% damage(mainly need something that can take hits, but a little extra damage would make clearing areas like inferno cows and pits go much faster)

-A buff to natural resists that adds life%/DR. <---- or 5% max res

-A call of the ancients. Diablo 3 skill, calls the ancients to fight beside you for a short time.

I really hate to sound biast being one of the very few endgame barbs, but i have tried everything and i still havent made it past lvl 10 crucible by myself (i've gotten SO close), and i really cant think of many ways to make my barb better without losing too much DR or physical pierce

Lockzilla
10-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Barbs seem like they need a bit of a boost, i've been brainstorming and heres my ideas to give barbs the chance they need.

-A barb shadow that uses your skills, at 50% damage(mainly need something that can take hits, but a little extra damage would make clearing areas like inferno cows and pits go much faster)

-A buff to natural resists that adds life%/DR. <---- or 5% max res

-A call of the ancients. Diablo 3 skill, calls the ancients to fight beside you for a short time.

I really hate to sound biast being one of the very few endgame barbs, but i have tried everything and i still havent made it past lvl 10 crucible by myself (i've gotten SO close), and i really cant think of many ways to make my barb better without losing too much DR or physical pierce

I will quote from Game. "Cruicble was never meant to be soloable. So I will most likely be redoing it in the near future."

But yes I agree. I think they need a small buff. Rather it be natural resists buff or a summon of some sort.

Drlukifer
10-22-2016, 06:14 PM
More people would play barb if they were able to solo more endgame stuff. Not saying they need to solo level 20 crucible in under 15 mins like some other classes, but being able to get to cain alone would be nice. My barbs pretty much geared as good is it gets, i just feel like he should have a bigger hitpool, or have something that can tank for him so im not getting 1 shotted by bosses. life leech hardly works on physical immunes, making it hard to sustain a health pool, and you CANNOT JUVEE during a whirlwind, which is a huge downfall to a whirlwind barb doing 3.5 second whirlwinds, youre dead halfway though. Plus if you want to do any damage with whirlwind you likely wont be wearing a shield to block with, giving you less chant slots and sockets than almost every other class.

Icehammer
10-31-2016, 09:47 AM
I support this nice idea.
A ww barb against physical inmunes is pretty hard to do, u need a lot of horad jewels and a lot of items with sockets to be able to kill some bosses like Mappo or some crucible bosses (with a lot of time and pattience). In my experience, doing Crucible with 2-3 guys more and get a physical inmune Cain in lv15 is ugly, you even can't tank him and probably you'll die in a shot.

Lampogriz
10-31-2016, 12:17 PM
WW barb with shield works pretty good vs cain, tested it

LordManhammer
10-31-2016, 03:08 PM
WW Barb with Corrupted Lightsabre and a shield is pretty strong in general.

rrra
10-31-2016, 06:29 PM
WW Barb with Corrupted Lightsabre and a shield is pretty strong in general.

Whats the build? I just found a really nicely rolled one and am curious if its worth trying.

LordManhammer
10-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Just a hybrid shield throw/WW setup.

Skull of the Unclean
Templar's Might
Corrupted Stormshield
IK Belt
Death's Advance
Steelrend
Con ring
BK ring
Highlord's Wrath

I was using shield throw for clearing packs of monsters and WW on bosses. You could probably just have the Buster sword in your weapon swap for stronger WW action on bosses but I like to use Warshrike for burst of speed and this felt tankier. It's also a whole lot easier to get 75% DR this way. I have three Ber runes in the helm from my previous setup so I didn't need Scourgelord's for DR. Went with the IK belt for the extra -10% phys res. I also don't have enchants. It was showing about 17k dps with 35k AR on shield throw. Similar numbers for WW.

Edit: I also have four Ber runes in the Corrupted Lightsabre for a total of 95% CB.

LordManhammer
10-31-2016, 09:11 PM
Quill Storm+life on hit=I AM INVINCIBLE! At least while I'm being attacked by a crap load of monsters and as long as I'm not tagged with Amp damage:) Much funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TWkb40FAYg

Icehammer
11-01-2016, 12:13 PM
LordManhammer with ik set u can be ww or shield throw build and easily can clean A5 pits.
But i guess that the meaning of this all is to refer to the endgame content. Plaguelands, Dreamlands, Crucible, Time Rift, etc
Use your build in any endgame place and tell me your results

LordManhammer
11-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Lol. Yes, yes I know. I threw that build together to test the Corrupted Lightsabre as an upgrade. That setup cruises through dreamlands(except for Mappo), plaguelands is easy peasy, Ryleh and Inferno cows is no big deal, and it makes act 5 portal runs faster than before. I will always use a poison Necro with skellies and revives to kill the LK, Mappo, Tyreal, etc. So for me this is merely a way to improve upon what was already a strong build with the IK set. I already have a strong Smiter build for dealing with the Time rift that kills Diablo without dieing and I've had nothing but bad luck with lag or bugs when attempting the Crucible. I suppose that'll be the real test. Whenever I get bored:)

LordManhammer
11-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Then there's this:) As you can see, I suck at WW gameplay. The fact the Sindragosa makes the LK hard to see whilst spinning around doesn't help but it worked out in the end. The same thing can be done with Diablo in the Time rift with a few different items. You just need to stack res above 95 as high as you can and stack absorb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZJphKQ9CQ&feature=youtu.be

Game
11-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Then there's this:) As you can see, I suck at WW gameplay. The fact the Sindragosa makes the LK hard to see whilst spinning around doesn't help but it worked out in the end. The same thing can be done with Diablo in the Time rift with a few different items. You just need to stack res above 95 as high as you can and stack absorb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZJphKQ9CQ&feature=youtu.be

I like your videos, they tend to show off the more unique features of Annihilus. I think videos like this that showcase new items / bosses is what Annihilus needs to get more people to take the leap and try us out.

pulse37
11-02-2016, 12:46 AM
I would love to see a video for each character in end game gear so we can see what really needs a buff / a change

Drlukifer
11-05-2016, 07:25 PM
LordManhammer my barbs doing 46k wws with buster sword. cain isnt the issue, its the twins in general they 1 shot me. anything with high ele damage wreks my barb faster than he can leech (1shots etc) A shield could be useful but that less than half the killing power. To do anything tanky with my barb i have to sacrifice a lot of damage. Either my buster sword, or my stacks of -phys resists, making him a much less effective killing machine... Im curious though, can your Lightsaber barb kill mappo?

LordManhammer
11-05-2016, 09:00 PM
LordManhammer my barbs doing 46k wws with buster sword. cain isnt the issue, its the twins in general they 1 shot me. anything with high ele damage wreks my barb faster than he can leech (1shots etc) A shield could be useful but that less than half the killing power. To do anything tanky with my barb i have to sacrifice a lot of damage. Either my buster sword, or my stacks of -phys resists, making him a much less effective killing machine... Im curious though, can your Lightsaber barb kill mappo?

I have zero enchants on that build with no jools. I know that your build has massive killing power, I've watched it in action. I was just surprised at how effective the Corrupted Lightsabre and shield combo is now with the recent buff. I'm sure with better gear it could be even more powerful. My gear doesn't hit the threshold for piercing Mappo's immunity. That's what my poison necro is for:)

Drlukifer
11-06-2016, 04:59 AM
I have zero enchants on that build with no jools. I know that your build has massive killing power, I've watched it in action. I was just surprised at how effective the Corrupted Lightsabre and shield combo is now with the recent buff. I'm sure with better gear it could be even more powerful. My gear doesn't hit the threshold for piercing Mappo's immunity. That's what my poison necro is for:)

You have inspired me. I'm going to try a dual wield cls build and frenzy/double swing. All this time I'm looking for a 1h buster sword and it's right here in front of me. Maybe u can pm me a way to record footage and I'll post a few videos of the progress before and after?

LordManhammer
11-06-2016, 08:50 AM
You have inspired me. I'm going to try a dual wield cls build and frenzy/double swing. All this time I'm looking for a 1h buster sword and it's right here in front of me. Maybe u can pm me a way to record footage and I'll post a few videos of the progress before and after?

I was thinking about exploring a dual weild build as well. I just need to get my hands on a second Corrupted lightsabre first:) I've been using OBS Studio to make those vids. It's free and has a lot of features. You have to record your entire desktop in order to capture D2 or at least that's the only way I was able to do it. Someone else with streaming or youtube experience might be able to give better advice. I also had to downgrade the output resolution but that was just because my computer can't quite handle recording in anything higher than 720p.

https://obsproject.com/

Drlukifer
11-09-2016, 04:58 PM
finally got home at a decent time to teach myself to record gameplay and make a lich king video myself! Definitely not my best run, but hey? I didnt die!

https://youtu.be/KSCx5aMvrLM

Drlukifer
11-09-2016, 07:18 PM
I was thinking about exploring a dual weild build as well. I just need to get my hands on a second Corrupted lightsabre first:) I've been using OBS Studio to make those vids. It's free and has a lot of features. You have to record your entire desktop in order to capture D2 or at least that's the only way I was able to do it. Someone else with streaming or youtube experience might be able to give better advice. I also had to downgrade the output resolution but that was just because my computer can't quite handle recording in anything higher than 720p.

https://obsproject.com/

Tried dual LS, i dont have the FHR for double swing so it didnt work too great, but i tried whirlwind with CLightsaber and Cstormshield, and i might try to build around this now. it works great! Almost the same clearspeed.

https://youtu.be/fxcu2Wf2POw